R&L | just my thoughts on the R+L threads

nobodysboy

here to inform not to conform.
Credits
as I look at the rest of the LTL companies and the R+L threads I notice a tendency of very little discussion within the company forum. big company. hmmmm

really? hmm.
Don't be shy, spit it out if you have a theory. For me, a city driver in CT, my days are super busy. If your just here to be a troll, Ill tell you now I will fry your ass but if your here for honest discussion, post away.

Don't be shy, spit it out if you have a theory. For me, a city driver in CT, my days are super busy. If your just here to be a troll, Ill tell you now I will fry your ass but if your here for honest discussion, post away.

CT? wow. now that area generates a lot of freight. how many hours a day you working up there in the freight capitol of the country? Does your terminal know what a swap is? Thank goodness you have a lift gate on your trailer huh. tengan un buen fin de semana. arrivederci.

CT? wow. now that area generates a lot of freight. how many hours a day you working up there in the freight capitol of the country? Does your terminal know what a swap is? Thank goodness you have a lift gate on your trailer huh. tengan un buen fin de semana. arrivederci.
My days are totally random. I have a lot of late freight generators that don't seem to care when they call in. The problem is, they make weapons so its good revenue for the company and so they will never put them in their place. Yes, we have high freight volume up here. I'm in HTF which is a hub. I'm also 3rd senior driver so I'm better of than most admittedly. We have a few swap trailer accounts but most are live city pick ups. Yes, we have about 100 percent liftgate coverage now. I don't think anyone leaves the yard without a liftgate.

My days are totally random. I have a lot of late freight generators that don't seem to care when they call in. The problem is, they make weapons so its good revenue for the company and so they will never put them in their place. Yes, we have high freight volume up here. I'm in HTF which is a hub. I'm also 3rd senior driver so I'm better of than most admittedly. We have a few swap trailer accounts but most are live city pick ups. Yes, we have about 100 percent liftgate coverage now. I don't think anyone leaves the yard without a liftgate.

Seniority has very limited value at this hub. I guess it can be used for an early start time but 95% or more start after 830. Routes generally leave late. New hires normally get the lesser valued assignments. I've paid my dues. Have enough whiskers to have the route assignment most salivate for. I treat my customers like friends and they reciprocate. Lots of communication between me and them, and I with dispatch. My customers are extremely flexible with me if I'm heavy on a given day. R+L seems to run pretty lean even with 90 plus p&d drivers so sometimes I have to pick and choose what's critical. Oh yes I do have a lift gate but could make it through most days without it. My pallet jack doesn't sit idle though. buen fin de semana.

Seniority has very limited value at this hub. I guess it can be used for an early start time but 95% or more start after 830. Routes generally leave late. New hires normally get the lesser valued assignments. I've paid my dues. Have enough whiskers to have the route assignment most salivate for. I treat my customers like friends and they reciprocate. Lots of communication between me and them, and I with dispatch. My customers are extremely flexible with me if I'm heavy on a given day. R+L seems to run pretty lean even with 90 plus p&d drivers so sometimes I have to pick and choose what's critical. Oh yes I do have a lift gate but could make it through most days without it. My pallet jack doesn't sit idle though. buen fin de semana.
How's that A/C working? That's all I want to know.

How's that A/C working? That's all I want to know.
I know your asking him but my answer is, pretty good. I have one of the purchased 04 Freightliners they bought from Penske and its still a decent tractor. Ive been using a new twin screw International this week though as my tractor is getting new King pins put in. Our hub, seniority counts still for a few things like vacation, equipment and run choice most of the time. We do still bid as runs open. The biggest thing I could really see needing change is the morning router giving a ::shit:: about the fact that you need time to do your pick ups.

I know your asking him but my answer is, pretty good. I have one of the purchased 04 Freightliners they bought from Penske and its still a decent tractor. Ive been using a new twin screw International this week though as my tractor is getting new King pins put in. Our hub, seniority counts still for a few things like vacation, equipment and run choice most of the time. We do still bid as runs open. The biggest thing I could really see needing change is the morning router giving a :::shit::: about the fact that you need time to do your pick ups.
A good tractor with A/C is very important in Texas. Not so much in CT. You New Englanders have some pretty mild summers I've been told. It's the humidity that gets you here. I think I know Mr. Nobodysboy because he sounds strangely familiar. I most certainly know many of the 90 city P&D guys. Dallas serves a big area and has no terminal in FTW like many of our competitors do. I work at SAIA and neither do we although we do have one in Grand Prairie. You probably never heard of SAIA because we don't serve the N.E. but I'm hoping someday we will. If Nobodysboy is who I think he is he has one of the cleanest tractors in Dallas. You could eat off the floor in his tractor. Some men take great pride in what they drive. He is one of those men. Enjoy your upcoming winter Shadowr. We rarely see snow here. We get ice from time to time. But it doesn't last long. And temperatures are very mild. Drive safe and keep it between the lines.

I know your asking him but my answer is, pretty good. I have one of the purchased 04 Freightliners they bought from Penske and its still a decent tractor. Ive been using a new twin screw International this week though as my tractor is getting new King pins put in. Our hub, seniority counts still for a few things like vacation, equipment and run choice most of the time. We do still bid as runs open. The biggest thing I could really see needing change is the morning router giving a :::shit::: about the fact that you need time to do your pick ups.

I too don't drive a brand new one but really I don't want one unless it's a new Pete. Mine is relatively new in comparison. Never breaks down but when something needs repair it gets done that evening. They service it for me at night so I never miss a beat. Nobody else drives it which is a plus. Cold in summer and toasty in the winter. Rides like a car. Was offered a new trailer but said no. Yes we bid routes and line haul runs. Routing is not a huge issue for me and I never let it bother me I just set a goal and then smash it. I get it done. Then lunch. We know the rest of the story. Then I bust ass to get in and go home. Favorite part of the day is punching out. tienen una buena semana....(have a good week)

I too don't drive a brand new one but really I don't want one unless it's a new Pete. Mine is relatively new in comparison. Never breaks down but when something needs repair it gets done that evening. They service it for me at night so I never miss a beat. Nobody else drives it which is a plus. Cold in summer and toasty in the winter. Rides like a car. Was offered a new trailer but said no. Yes we bid routes and line haul runs. Routing is not a huge issue for me and I never let it bother me I just set a goal and then smash it. I get it done. Then lunch. We know the rest of the story. Then I bust ass to get in and go home. Favorite part of the day is punching out. tienen una buena semana....(have a good week)
I'm similar in that respect. No one uses my tractor other than me. I did take the new trailer though. LOL, I also take great pride in keeping my truck as clean and in good working order as you describe. There is a pic of mine here in one of the threads. As for Summer heat, we don't get as hot as you guys but our humidity can be just as brutal. Winter does suck though. I'm looking to move to South Carolina one of these days and get away from the Northeast because of the weather and because of the draconian gun laws we have up here. I'm very done with these idiots in the Northeast. By the way, I agree on the Pete thing. I would prefer a Pete.

If you can get a new Pete with the shift upgrade, she will be a nice ride. I think the headlights have a better spread and it feels more sturdy on the road. Still going for the non existing clutch though...

I'm similar in that respect. No one uses my tractor other than me. I did take the new trailer though. LOL, I also take great pride in keeping my truck as clean and in good working order as you describe. There is a pic of mine here in one of the threads. As for Summer heat, we don't get as hot as you guys but our humidity can be just as brutal. Winter does suck though. I'm looking to move to South Carolina one of these days and get away from the Northeast because of the weather and because of the draconian gun laws we have up here. I'm very done with these idiots in the Northeast. By the way, I agree on the Pete thing. I would prefer a Pete.
I'm not sure you would like the new Pete. At least one older, experienced driver is worried about the half a**ed auto trans on slick roads. Also, check out the bumper height on new Pete's. At least 6 inches lower than other trucks. I drove one once and hated it. I love my Penske freightliner.