XPO | just thinking...

There have not been lots of democracies in history until the modern era. The parlimentary democracy of England has lasted for alot longer than 250 years. The Roman Republic lasted more than 250 years. We are fortunate to live in this country. The United States is the last greatest hope for humankind and I believe we will last as long as the world does. This country is not any worse now than it was at the turn of the 19th century. It changes as we change. Some don't like that change and therefore see the coming of the end. Others embrace that change and see a bright future. We get to have a peacful revolution every 2 years in this country. If you don't like whats happening, change it. If the people you like don't win, well thats democracy in action.
Children killing children, schools are war zones with police in the halls, universities are full of mentally challenged individuals who think killing others will solve their personal problems, grown-ups ( I use the word loosely) who now think it is their "right" not to follow anyone's authority ( i.e. Police, teachers, clergy, presidents, etc.). I have no idea how or when it will end and it is not my call but to say "change happens" and that's the way it is pretty much proves my point.

No need to bear arms to take our government back. We have elections. You don't like the president, vote him out. You don't like a law, vote for people that will change it. The right to bear arms is the ultimate guarantee of our independence. Abraham Lincoln once said that no foriegn army could ever take a drink from the Ohio river. No foriegn power could ever defeat us. The only thing that can destroy us is us. The day we give up on our political system, our form of governement, our way of life, thats the day it will all come crashing down. I don't think that day will ever come.

Children killing children, schools are war zones with police in the halls, universities are full of mentally challenged individuals who think killing others will solve their personal problems, grown-ups ( I use the word loosely) who now think it is their "right" not to follow anyone's authority ( i.e. Police, teachers, clergy, presidents, etc.). I have no idea how or when it will end and it is not my call but to say "change happens" and that's the way it is pretty much proves my point.
Terrible things have always happend. They always will. That does not mean that the greatest nation this earth has ever seen will fall.

No need to bear arms to take our government back. We have elections. You don't like the president, vote him out. You don't like a law, vote for people that will change it. The right to bear arms is the ultimate guarantee of our independence. Abraham Lincoln once said that no foriegn army could ever take a drink from the Ohio river. No foriegn power could ever defeat us. The only thing that can destroy us is us. The day we give up on our political system, our form of governement, our way of life, thats the day it will all come crashing down. I don't think that day will ever come.
An approval rating on both houses of less than 23% is not what I call an ok political system. The trust rating for all politicians even less. A president who changes and blatantly ignores the constitution while the other side fears challenging him or they won't be elected. Most of my life I have been the eternal optimist concerning my country. I cherish every man or woman who has fought for our rights (even the one for me to write this), but I see men in suits giving away what our heroes died for. I am not as confident today.

An approval rating on both houses of less than 23% is not what I call an ok political system. The trust rating for all politicians even less. A president who changes and blatantly ignores the constitution while the other side fears challenging him or they won't be elected. Most of my life I have been the eternal optimist concerning my country. I cherish every man or woman who has fought for our rights (even the one for me to write this), but I see men in suits giving away what our heroes died for. I am not as confident today.
We can change that if we choose. Less than 50% of the people that can vote do vote in this country. If more people voted, I think things could drastically change for the better. That being said, when people lose faith, when people don't believe anymore in the American dream we cannot change but for the worse. I for one still believe.

You got us on the health care. Let us know how that works out when you go to collect that pension.
Yep. I read about how my Union pension will be non-existent when I go to collect. I get :crap: in the mail a couple times per month reminding me of the :2437:that I will be receiving at retirement time.

How much do you pay for medical/dental/vision/prescription to cover your whole family? I pay nothing, ABF Freight pays the entire premium...that's about $1500/month in my pocket. How much comes out of your pocket to contribute to your 401k? And just how much does Conway match? ABF pays into my pension FOR me $6.72/hr. I don't contribute a dime, hence, MORE money in my pocket. Granted, we took a bit of a hit this last contract, and our aim is to restore those cuts in 2018. Oh, I almost forgot....I PAY $58/month for Union dues. You do the math.
I get your point, and the Unions do have some better things to offer. But for those who don't use much insurance, it's not a big deal yet.

Just to simplify some line haul wage numbers.
Non Union........100k per year, but pay for insurance.
Union.......100k per year, minus 15% equals 85K for the year. Will that 15K cover the insurance expenses? It depends on each person's expenses for the year.

It makes for a good debate.

Guy's and gals, stop and think. It's been mentioned on here that Conway work force is old. When the 50 something year old .s retire in the next decade or so , things could possibly come crashing down. Younger generation will not work for the most part. It's going to put people who are retired in danger because no one paying into the system.

Matt mouroun has the money and could be a player in the ltl division. Throw a central transport sticker on the doors and get ready for a screwing, just like he did with vitran.

Guy's and gals, stop and think. It's been mentioned on here that Conway work force is old. When the 50 something year old .s retire in the next decade or so , things could possibly come crashing down. Younger generation will not work for the most part. It's going to put people who are retired in danger because no one paying into the system.
That's the same thing they said about us in the early 70's and everything turned out fine :)

Matt mouroun has the money and could be a player in the ltl division. Throw a central transport sticker on the doors and get ready for a screwing, just like he did with vitran.
No Matty , Matt , Manuel , Bill , or Nora Moroun. If you know something , please share with a source for reference. Thank you. P.S. - The Morouns' picked up an LTL company that was in trouble and on sale for cheap. Con-way ( or whatever it will be called ) has issues but is stable and profitable. While not much has been revealed , there are plans to rebrand Con-way which implies ( for now ) it will be kept. ( would you invest millions of dollars on rebranding just to sell? )

XPO Logistics KEY PEOPLE
Board of Directors
Name/Title
Current Board Membership
Bradley S. Jacobs, 58Chairman & Chief Executive Officer XPO Express, Inc., XPO Logistics, Inc., Beck Institute For Cognitive Behavior Therapy
James J. Martell, 60Independent Director XPO Logistics, Inc., PS Logistics, Inc., Ameriflight LLC, Cirrus Aircraft Corp., ProTrans International, Inc., Earlybird Delivery Systems LLC, Postal Shippers Association, P&S Transportation, Inc., Access USA Shipping LLC, Mobile Mini, Inc., Ozburn-Hessey Logistics LLC
Jason D. Papastavrou, 52Independent Director XPO Logistics, Inc., United Rentals, Inc.
Oren George Shaffer, 72Independent Director Terex Corp., Intermec Technologies Corp., XPO Logistics, Inc.
G. Chris Andersen, 76Independent Director Terex Corp., XPO Logistics, Inc., Junior Achievement of New York, Inc.
Adrian P. Kingshott, 55Independent Director Centre Lane Investment Corp., XPO Logistics, Inc.
Michael G. Jesselson, 63Independent Director XPO Logistics, Inc., Utique, Inc., Yeshiva University, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, C-III Capital Partners LLC, American Jewish Historical Society, The Center for Jewish History, Inc., American Eagle Outfitters, Inc., American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, Inc., American Friends of Nishmat, Inc., American Committee for Shaare Zedek Hospital in Jerusalem, American Friends of The Israel Museum

All Executives

Last edited:

Highly doubt he will sell off the LTL. He just bought a LTL in Europe and keeps talking about the advantages and lessons learned.

No Matty , Matt , Manuel , Bill , or Nora Moroun. If you know something , please share with a source for reference. Thank you.
XPO Logistics KEY PEOPLE
Board of Directors
Name/Title
Current Board Membership
Bradley S. Jacobs, 58Chairman & Chief Executive Officer XPO Express, Inc., XPO Logistics, Inc., Beck Institute For Cognitive Behavior Therapy
James J. Martell, 60Independent Director XPO Logistics, Inc., PS Logistics, Inc., Ameriflight LLC, Cirrus Aircraft Corp., ProTrans International, Inc., Earlybird Delivery Systems LLC, Postal Shippers Association, P&S Transportation, Inc., Access USA Shipping LLC, Mobile Mini, Inc., Ozburn-Hessey Logistics LLC
Jason D. Papastavrou, 52Independent Director XPO Logistics, Inc., United Rentals, Inc.
Oren George Shaffer, 72Independent Director Terex Corp., Intermec Technologies Corp., XPO Logistics, Inc.
G. Chris Andersen, 76Independent Director Terex Corp., XPO Logistics, Inc., Junior Achievement of New York, Inc.
Adrian P. Kingshott, 55Independent Director Centre Lane Investment Corp., XPO Logistics, Inc.
Michael G. Jesselson, 63Independent Director XPO Logistics, Inc., Utique, Inc., Yeshiva University, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, C-III Capital Partners LLC, American Jewish Historical Society, The Center for Jewish History, Inc., American Eagle Outfitters, Inc., American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, Inc., American Friends of Nishmat, Inc., American Committee for Shaare Zedek Hospital in Jerusalem, American Friends of The Israel Museum
EXPAND
All Executives

I believe he means that XPO would immediately sell off the LTL division to a competitor. That ain't the way this guy operates. He buys up all the competition and eliminates them through consolidation. Just like he is eliminating Con-way. We will very shortly be XPO logistics.

This reminds me of "War of the worlds", all the panic, speculation, people jumping out of windows. Whats done is done, the only thing anyone can do is just wait, do our jobs, and see what comes next.

Depending on where you are the shortage could be creating some great opportunities that would now be to appealing to pass up. Some wait to have their future told to them. Others create the future of their choosing.

You make it sound so radical. It's all still trucking. Sitting there holding a wheel. Different color truck. Different color shirt. Same job.

I believe he means that XPO would immediately sell off the LTL division to a competitor. That ain't the way this guy operates. He buys up all the competition and eliminates them through consolidation. Just like he is eliminating Con-way. We will very shortly be XPO logistics.
I edited my post above - as soon as I reread what HadEnough wrote , I thought the same as you.
Also , I was thinking of another post where a guy was saying that Matty , Mathew , Bill or whichever Moroun was on the board of XPO. I see no proof of that - and can't find anything to support that claim.