XPO | just thinking...

I get your point, and the Unions do have some better things to offer. But for those who don't use much insurance, it's not a big deal yet.

Just to simplify some line haul wage numbers.
Non Union........100k per year, but pay for insurance.
Union.......100k per year, minus 15% equals 85K for the year. Will that 15K cover the insurance expenses? It depends on each person's expenses for the year.

It makes for a good debate.
Not quite sure where (or how) you're coming up with that 'minus 15%' figure.

The MOU. Where they gave up 15% pay and suspended pension contributions.
YRC gave up 15%, not ABF. We 'gave up' 7% of our wages, and one week of vacation was taken from everybody. Health & Welfare and Pension contributions remained the same...no change. By the end of this contract (2018), we'll be 1.5% above where we were in 2013...hardly enough to keep up with inflation.

Not quite sure where (or how) you're coming up with that 'minus 15%' figure.
Jamie Pierson CFO of YRCW-“If we operate in a largely non-unionized industry, we need to be able to pay in a mainly non-unionized fashion,” says Pierson. “If we’re above the market by 15% we’re not going to be competitive. We are now paying what the market will bear, and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.”

I have no idea who you work for , but based on your posts I'm guessing ABF. I hope all union members that have sustained a pay cut get it back. If union or non-union companies pay more , it can only help.

Jamie Pierson CFO of YRCW-“If we operate in a largely non-unionized industry, we need to be able to pay in a mainly non-unionized fashion,” says Pierson. “If we’re above the market by 15% we’re not going to be competitive. We are now paying what the market will bear, and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.”

I have no idea who you work for , but based on your posts I'm guessing ABF. I hope all union members that have sustained a pay cut get it back. If union or non-union companies pay more , it can only help.
Jamie's words are of no surprise. I would expect the same from any CFO in that environment. Ultimately, it'll be the banks that decide.

Actually yrc buying you would trigger a snapback provision and negating the MOU. You would see a big jump in compensation and the south would get their overtime after 8.
Except for one problem, you cannot squeeze blood out of a turnip. Do you really think YRC can afford to honor the snapback provision? I'm guessing that clause was placed in the contract as bait for the "yes" voters.

Do you really think YRC can afford to honor the snapback provision? I'm guessing that clause was placed in the contract as bait for the "yes" voters.
Exactly. It was just bait. The Union and YRCW did a really good job placing little bait piles for the yes voters. Those little things that will never happen, are often used to justify their yes vote. The yes voters are either naïve, or just looking for a reason to support going backwards. Most know that the snapback provisions will never happen.

Who'd have ever thought that the rising non-union packages, might be what gets the union guys their pay and benefits back? Who'd have thunk it.

...."and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.”

If the Chief Financial Officer of YRCW says this, why do some employees still hold out hope? Wake up and smell the coffee gents. It's not happening. :coffee1:

...."and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.”

If the Chief Financial Officer of YRCW says this, why do some employees still hold out hope? Wake up and smell the coffee gents. It's not happening. :coffee1:

Willful suspense of disbelief.

It's why we all talk this stuff out so much. To be sure we are thinking about this whole mess clearly and thoroughly.

We've been lied to before. Are we being lied to now ?

Willful suspense of disbelief.

It's why we all talk this stuff out so much. To be sure we are thinking about this whole mess clearly and thoroughly.

We've been lied to before. Are we being lied to now ?
Most likely, right ?
Lied to about what gents? We're going to be under new management who said our wage and benefit package will remain unchanged for a period of one year after the completion of the transaction. Outside of that, little or nothing has been promised.

Lied to about what gents? We're going to be under new management who said our wage and benefit package will remain unchanged for a period of one year after the completion of the transaction. Outside of that, little or nothing has been promised.
All you can do is hope for the best and plan for the worst. The storm may be coming so stock up on supplies.

Enough with the speculating. He will not be cutting pay and benefits for drivers, if you do your resesarch they are actually heavily recruiting drivers and offering 5k to 10k sign on bonuses. He has made it clear his goal is to take out excess costs, primarily related to IT and public company costs (this is primarily corporate, like you don't need 2 legal depts, 2 HRs, 2 headquarters, 2 IT teams etc. )

SEE the video below!
Sounds like Bill Dollars all over again!