TForce | Just What Can The "teamsters" Promise Us?

Skeeter said:
I get paid very well and do very well. :smilie_132:
That's not the question. I also get paid very well. You think by UPSF making the changes to their delay and breakdown etc,etc. They are going to change for all of us at UPSF. Why would of they taking it away from them????????????Benefits my coverage got worse the 401k got worse. What has gotten better. I know wait to next year. It's funny you would take the UPS package but not the NMFA. Are they not both teamsters.

Boats said:
I guess putting them on our free time plan is ok with you. That's right you never breakdown or get delayed. You like getting short changed for fueling,d/h,delay,sick days.:duh: :biglaugh:

I understand the MC guys being upset about the O/UPS Freight pay scale...it was forced on them, but no one from O should be griping.
I know I understood all of this when I was hired...so if I didn't like it...I should have moved on to a teamster company to have all that stuff and be at the bottom of a hog board and never get out....
loosing a bit of delay and D/H pay is a small price compared to sitting home waiting for a work call all week.

serta said:
Do you get any breakdown pay? Christ I'd be pissed if I didn't. Was down for 4 1/2 hrs Friday. $100 for the big nap c'mon.
You have to give the company an hour and then you get 13.04 an hour. So 2 hrs 13.04 Great deal. Glad I don't break down often.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I understand the MC guys being upset about the O/UPS Freight pay scale...it was forced on them, but no one from O should be griping.
I know I understood all of this when I was hired...so if I didn't like it...I should have moved on to a teamster company to have all that stuff and be at the bottom of a hog board and never get out....
loosing a bit of delay and D/H pay is a small price compared to sitting home waiting for a work call all week.
What do you mean. Just a couple of yrs ago we got shortened on d/h. I know lets keep on giving free time. UPSF is going to change everything for the better. If they were like everybody thinks why not combine both MC and O pay package.

Johnnybegood said:
My Insurance got a lot better.How can you say your 401k got worse...Ups guys get no match.........You get stock.....
WOW matching in stock is better than cash. Overnites deal with cash was better it's called diversification. But It's better then nothing. The benefits depend on your location. Some got better some got worse.

Boats said:
WOW matching in stock is better than cash. Overnites deal with cash was better it's called diversification. But It's better then nothing. The benefits depend on your location. Some got better some got worse.
As i said ups union employees get no match how can stock be worse......You can always put less in your 401k and put money in the stock market....Then you will be diversified...

Johnnybegood said:
As i said ups union employees get no match how can that be worse......You can always put less in your 401k and put money in the stock market....Then you will be diversified...
As I said the match in stock is worse than cash. But it's better than nothing.

Boats said:
That's not the question. I also get paid very well. You think by UPSF making the changes to their delay and breakdown etc,etc. They are going to change for all of us at UPSF. Why would of they taking it away from them????????????Benefits my coverage got worse the 401k got worse. What has gotten better. I know wait to next year. It's funny you would take the UPS package but not the NMFA. Are they not both teamsters.
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
No, "O" was a good company to work for the last 18 out of my 23 years. But the last 5 years have gone drastically down hill in regards to what has been spoken about on these boards. I came to this company non-union but times change and companys change. Should I throw out my 23 years and start over with a union company. No, If we can't get the company to even think about taking an interest in our issues what other choice is there.

First off,the union can't promise anything..everything is subject to negotiation..and I do mean everything...after all lawyers are involved and both sides are trying to protect their position. Wages,benefits,uniforms,seniority issues,break times,anything you can think of,and even more that you can't think off have to be haggled over.The 401 program and ensueing match probably wouldn't survive along with assigned trucks and other things that I can't think of right now........................another thing is that once a contract is agreed upon, it is sent down to us to be ratified by us,the labor part of the agreement. I don't remember the percentage ,but if say51% of us agree to it,it's a done deal...even if 40% are NOT happy.Another side of the debate is that the union will say "if you don'tagree with our representation you can simply vote us out"nothing simple about it...you can't even schedule a decert if there are ANY arbitration hearings anywherein the company under that contract.Couple other things while I'm on my rant...what about my pension,after 23 years, am I gonna freeze that and go back and pick up at my 2 years of union service? Lets see now that would give me 9 years union..squat...add that to 23 years vested..maybe 1300...leaves me after taxes,medical et cetera how much?..........Just another thought while the coffee is hittin...how come JRH Jr. can be President of the union when he has never worked in the craft? Anyway for now I will wait 'till the annual package comes in three months before i really start to analyze what is best for me and mine...knowing that Leo's days are numbered.....just a few random ravings of a lunatic mind..BH

Johnnybegood said:
They will promise you the world ..But they do not have to live up to anything ..Because they will never put anything in writing....Everything has to be negociated.....:duh:

JBG, The union can't promise you anything till the negotiations have concluded.
What do you honestly expect them to promise you without having negotiated with the company?

CFer said:
JBG, The union can't promise you anything till the negotiations have concluded.
What do you honestly expect them to promise you without having negotiated with the company?
I agree but some people believe anything a teamster says at their word and many times it can be wrong.....Or right ...Hard to tell...Seems like an advantage to the Teamsters instead of any employee seeking answers......

Johnnybegood said:
I agree but some people believe anything a teamster says at their word and many times it can be wrong.....Or right ...Hard to tell...

JBG, with all due respect, I think the Teamsters that are posting here are being a lot more truthful than they are given credit for by the anti union members here.

I've been in this business and been a Teamster for almost 20 years so I think that gives me knowledge to back my statement

How can you say everyone is more honorable because they have a different take on one subject....I know many Non union men with at least 20 years who believe we should stay nonunion..are they lying because you do not know them?Or are they just wrong because of their stance?.

Johnnybegood said:
How can you say everyone is more honorable because they have a different take on one subject....I know many Non union men with at least 20 years who believe we should stay nonunion..are they lying because you do not know them?Or are they just wrong because of their stance?.

I'm not saying anyone is more right or wrong than the other. What I'm saying is that a lot of the information given by union supporters that many anti union think is not accurate is a lot more truthful than people realize.