R&L | Just woundering if this sounds racial

baby huey

TB Lurker
Credits
All I know is that if a driver would have said anything like that he would have been wrote up on the spot but I guess that its ok for a TM to refer to the President of the United States as brother Obama, to me thats just wrong, when another driver asked him about it he just laugh and said thats what they call one another and then he said thats what the baptist call each other, I,m baptist and only a few do that in my church, and I might be wrong but I think that the president is a catholic. But I guess the management do no wrong that only the drivers are the ones that mess up.:TR10driving03:

He is not Catholic

All I know is that if a driver would have said anything like that he would have been wrote up on the spot but I guess that its ok for a TM to refer to the President of the United States as brother Obama, to me thats just wrong, when another driver asked him about it he just laugh and said thats what they call one another and then he said thats what the baptist call each other, I,m baptist and only a few do that in my church, and I might be wrong but I think that the president is a catholic. But I guess the management do no wrong that only the drivers are the ones that mess up.:TR10driving03:

I call him more than that. Just dont like him. I call everybody Boss.

How the hell is saying brother raciest. It use to be when you said ******, that was ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ. Now we can't even say say brother. Damn man, grow some thicker skin.

File an EEOC complaint. There was a TM in the South that used the word ****er. The dockworker sued and R&L was going to settle out of court but the TM said yeah I use that word all the time. Of course after that comment it cost a lot more money. Tape the TM or have witness statements, file a complaint or sue. That will stop it. If the TM did no wrong the EEOC will find no wrong doing. CALL TUESDAY. :police:

EEOC...come on....talk to the TM and tell him it offended you, he will probably apologize and stop saying that statement. If it continues them go above him via the chain of command. Give the man a chance to right the problem before making a mountain out of a mole hill.....just my thoughts

Following words should be a prison term if used. What do ___ think Don't want to use a word it may offen others.
Brother, sister, kid. baby, boy. girl. hey. you, dude, white, black, brown, cowboy, native, boss, man, pig, ho ho ho, ad to it if ___ like. Just a joke. Americans are so thin skin.

If the fact of the matter is if it offended you, then it was likely used in the wrong way.... To hear Brother Obama, immediately puts the same thought in my head that you have... It is not a matter of being "thin skinned" rather a matter of being racially aware.... If the ones on here don't understand that, they are the ones with the issues....

Talking with my son the other day and I used the term "boot" referring to a newly minted Marine just out of boot camp. He informed me that per a directive issued by the Commandant they can no longer use slang when talking to a "newbie" the PC term to be used is j.e.w. junior enlisted warrior, so it's ok to yell COME OVER HERE JEW,ON THE DOUBLE! I think that is just wrong and I'm not Jewish

If the fact of the matter is if it offended you, then it was likely used in the wrong way.... To hear Brother Obama, immediately puts the same thought in my head that you have... It is not a matter of being "thin skinned" rather a matter of being racially aware.... If the ones on here don't understand that, they are the ones with the issues....

Thank you for helping driver9 that was my meaning, and also this TM has no idea who might be married into someone,s family, after the joke he made about it I would say that made the person feel pretty low, not only that, some of my friends are black and that made me feel bad for them to know that something like that would come out of the mouth of autherity with R&L with no consideration for other peoples feelings, makes a person wounder how he might handle a del. or a pick up problem knowing that the other person is a BROTHER or a SISTER. But thats just me being thined skin I guess.:duh:

As a white man, I am completely offended that this TM would use the term "brother" when referring to my half-white president...What a complete insult to his white grandparents...and his white mother...I am sure there are some white cousins and what not to throw in there too...

No matter how I typed that out, it just sounds stupid, doesn't it...I agree with the others...grow some skin, for pete's sake...I call many of my colleagues (management and drivers) brother, and have never heard a peep out of anyone..Teamsters call each other brother, regardless of race..

Oh, Brother....never mind..

As a white man, I am completely offended that this TM would use the term "brother" when referring to my half-white president...What a complete insult to his white grandparents...and his white mother...I am sure there are some white cousins and what not to throw in there too...

No matter how I typed that out, it just sounds stupid, doesn't it...I agree with the others...grow some skin, for pete's sake...I call many of my colleagues (management and drivers) brother, and have never heard a peep out of anyone..Teamsters call each other brother, regardless of race..

Oh, Brother....never mind..

Maybe we should all call each other "brothers":popcorn:

hulk hogan used the word brother all the time and no one even raised a eyebrow, I've heard bikers, teamsters etc. use this term never bothered me.

Well maybe we all should take a vote and join the teamsters or form are own wrestling team so that way we all can call each other brothers so that way no one will offend any of us thined skined, maybe being a teamster will up toughen up the thined skined ones. Now thats a thought.

Well maybe we all should take a vote and join the teamsters or form are own wrestling team so that way we all can call each other brothers so that way no one will offend any of us thined skined, maybe being a teamster will up toughen up the thined skined ones. Now thats a thought.

That would make all the pay scales the same and fair. YRC is going under because of pricing not labor. The same management we are suppose to trust today will drive us in the ground. Bigger discounts and higher OR to make thier quotas, just to make themselves look good. In reality the company picks up more frieght and makes less money. The revenue per shipment is way down. WAKE UP. For those who claim everyone is lazy and that is why they get fired, I hope you can sleep at nights.:horse:

man am I in trouble then ! I'm a driver and a biker and greet fellow drivers and bikers as brother all the time. before someone ask, no I don't call the women "brother " !

:TR10driving03:

man am I in trouble then ! I'm a driver and a biker and greet fellow drivers and bikers as brother all the time. before someone ask, no I don't call the women "brother " !

:TR10driving03:

Which ABF barn are you out of brother.You in the Ct area?