ABF | just your thoughts...

Unless what you have to say is postive I don't think it's a good idea to post. I believe that is covered under the oath as a Teamster.

what is also covered is the b.a's responsibility to the brothers/sisters, and when one tests positive for alcohol, ( not me) the first thing he tells him is that he should resign, just my thoughts, I am a man, who has the knowledge and TESTICULAR FORTITUDE, to speak my OWN MIND....

Not aware of what's going on there. There are some problems & always will be. My main concern about this thread was fueling the fire for those against the Teamsters for union/nonunion debate, which sometimes takes over a thread. Sorry if you thought I was being an ***, didn't mean it that way.

dont apologize partial, you are giving me your opinion, and your thoughts about the union/ non union debate are valid, thats y i really thought it over before making this topic. i have paid dues to four unions in my life, starting at 17, and with any luck, i will pay dues til i retire, i am 100% union, and thats y i was disgusted by what this brother was told....

What's going on at the Erie term? I here they still have drivers layed off there. Does anyone have any news about this?

Not sure, but I think standard procedure would be, 30 days off, no pay, & be reinstated with no loss of seniorty or change in bid status, if he held a bid. Extra board would fill in on bid as if he were on sick leave. He should have been guided jointly by Company & Steward/BA on his options. Of course I'm assuming this was a random at the beginning of shift & not a DUI while operating a Company unit. I may be wrong, the last I know of a case being handled this way was back in the early '90s, laws have changed since then. Heard a rumor a driver was sent home on a bus from 064 after getting on a bender at the hotel about a year ago.