ABF | Kansas City going back to old terminal

Maybe with the recent closure of yellow, theirs a strong demand to put empty equipment , without the mps , in the system. Just a guess

The same people ,with zero trucking experience ,that thought up these sleds are probably the same ones who bought all the 53 foot trailers . 2 sleds per trailer, 10,000lbs non revenue freight, then expect us to pull these same heavy trailers with one of their 500 new single axle tractors. Wonder how many overweight fines and shutdowns have occurred at the scale houses since these geniuses arrived

The same people ,with zero trucking experience ,that thought up these sleds are probably the same ones who bought all the 53 foot trailers . 2 sleds per trailer, 10,000lbs non revenue freight, then expect us to pull these same heavy trailers with one of their 500 new single axle tractors. Wonder how many overweight fines and shutdowns have occurred at the scale houses since these geniuses arrived
Back when these sleds came out , I heard a dock worker in south bend (106) had the patent on these and the Company bought it from him.
Not sure it’s true though.
But I never heard it denied.
I think I remember it being mentioned it a conference call that they were proud of him.
Awesome concept! Looks good on paper!

Drivers will do it. A lot of drivers don’t care how much they have on that trailer. If it’s hooked they will take it. Driver should get in trouble as well as the dispatcher who allowed it to leave the terminal.

Drivers will do it. A lot of drivers don’t care how much they have on that trailer. If it’s hooked they will take it. Driver should get in trouble as well as the dispatcher who allowed it to leave the terminal.
Where are you from?
I can confidently say, drivers don’t knowingly take overweight.
We’re all aware of the consequences!
I’ve never had that problem with a TM. or dispatch!

Where are you from?
I can confidently say, drivers don’t knowingly take overweight.
We’re all aware of the consequences!
I’ve never had that problem with a TM. or dispatch!
I’ve been with ABF for 30 years now. I probably should have said ,some drivers will do it. I’ve taken a heavy van with a twin screw to my meet point and the other driver didn’t want to switch trucks. I’ve also had to refuse loads because of weight issues.

Do you use forklifts from lumber yards?
Looks like a lot of weight could get on those.
Do you use forklifts from lumber yards?
Looks like a lot of weight could get on those.
check out the video about them I posted a few comments prior to this one it shows it. They have wheels on the sled when it’s often or something and a special mechanism thing that allows you to move the sleds very easily when fully loaded.

Which lanes were the sleds being used in? If I had to guess it would be between the Distribution Centers. I would think management would want the wagons packed high and tight.