Kasich to Trump: 'Take some steps' on gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Kasich to Trump: 'Take some steps' on gun control
    Good God get a grip man!
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/18/politics/john-kasich-parkland-gun-control/index.html

Washington (CNN)Ohio Republican Gov. John Kasich said the deadly school shooting on Wednesday should be a rallying moment for the nation on guns, but he predicted Congress would not live up to the task, and suggested the President should take the lead.

"Do I think they can do anything on guns? I hope they prove me wrong and they can because I have no confidence in them," Kasich said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."
    "We need leadership out of the executive," he said. "This is a great opportunity for common sense steps that can be taken. ... Mr. President, I ask you to do this. You don't have to boil the ocean, but take some steps now."

It occurred to me that you fellers being Truck drivers and capable of interstate transport, you could endanger folks in other states.
    Perhaps Truck Drivers should not be allowed to own guns.

What do you think?

2. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Seems like your mad about the food assistance. You should be thanking everyone for the free stuff. Next up, theres going to be work requirements, dust off your workboots.

Btw, theres a reason kasich didnt get elected.

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook AD-FREE USER

Arm everyone. Lower the age to own a gun to 16 (was 12 when I was a kid). Make gun safety a mandatory class for 10th grade on. End Gun Free Zones- where 90% of shootings occur. If a bad guy knows there's a good chance he'll end up shot himself if he starts something, he probably won't do anything. Put multiple armed guards in schools, like many public buildings, airports, and airplanes. It works.

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish.

What did Obama even propose in the way of gun control measures while he was President. Nothing real. What did the Democrats propose when they owned the White House, Senate, and House? Nothing.
    The right to bear arms is constitutional and isn't going to change anytime soon, regardless of which party is in control. They all know it, that's why they don't present anything except more lip service to the people that are stupid enough to go along with it.

5. Northern Flash

Come on Mr. Kasich, give us some specifics on what should be done about more gun control measures. No more lip service to the sheeple, I'm talking specifics.

You couldn't even get 1% of the national vote for a reason, because you supply lip service not solutions, so STFU.

jimmy g likes this.
  6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Arm all the kids in school?

7. Northern Flash

There was guns in the schools all day long back in the 60's and there wasn't any school shootings. We have a mental health problem, not a gun problem.

jimmy g likes this.
  8. jimmy g

Yep. 16yr olds and up. Plus the teachers, and the guards. Long as everyone has had a mandatory gun safety class.

9. Northern Flash

Trump has been the only one that has given any rational response since the shooting. He talked straight to the kids and implored them to get themselves some help and talk to someone if they are having these violent thoughts. Everyone else has just been spewing the same old horseshit that we hear after every shooting.
    He obviously realizes that we have a mental health problem, not a gun problem.

jimmy g likes this.
  10. jimmy g

I have a friend from Switzerland. There, every male 18 yrs old and older does mandatory months in the Swiss Military. They are issued a Military Rifle and a Military Sidearm to keep in their personal home and be ready at a moment's notice to defend their nation.

They also have mandatory tough sentences if convicted of using a gun during a crime.

They have virtually no gun crimes.....

DCM_Doc and buffalobill like this.
  11. Northern Flash

In America, we'd have to issue a rape whistle to these candy ass snowflakes that have festered in our schools and universities. And we can't do anything in a moment's notice because everything has to first be checked to see if our actions would offend anyone.

12. jimmy g

They'll tell you to call the police. In my area, they might show up in an hour or two...

13. Northern Flash

Yep. Same here.
    We don't call the police around here. We might as well skip the middle man and call the coroner. Our police are just here for the chalk outline and the paperwork.

jimmy g, Bubba74 and buffalobill like this.
  14. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Everyone is yelling do something

What do yo want to do
    I know the left wants all guns turned in
    Then onLy criminals will have guns

This was a tragedy and the gun grabbers are out in full force

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  15. Northern Flash

In an open society there truly isn't a cure. And even the leftists wouldn't want to close down our society. Hell, they won't even agree to close down our national borders.

16. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

[​IMG]

Chicago’s 30 day shootings, nobody cares

Northern Flash likes this.
  17. Rastus

[​IMG]

Chicago is lagging behind this year but cold weather is the slow season.

18. Rastus

Kasich is another jerkoff who thinks he can be president like Cory Booker.
    Kasich is using the middle of the road shtick Booker using unhinged.

19. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

go ahead Kasich, be presidential, what is your plan?

20. Woody

Woody pecker Champion

[​IMG]