Yellow | KCM turning STL?

imported_Traveler

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard the other dcay after the bids were posted in STL that the reason we lost so many was because KCM was going to be running approx. 10 schedules a day into STL. How is this possible. As I understand it The STL KCM lane is STL's work. I really cannot see why they need to be running reversals in STL. espcially when we have the drivers to do the work. what with 20 or so drivers still on letter of layoff. I would think that between STL, IND,NSH and MEM we should be able to handle all the east bound loads coming out of KCM. Why do we all of a sudden need to have yet another barning running over the top of us?:chairshot:

IND will no longer run to KCM, NSH will turn STL so NSH most likely will lose runs to KCM. CDO wants this freight from KCM to go when loaded ,therefore, KCM drivers will run it on schedule instead of the freight sitting on their yard waiting for STL drivers. VELOCITY! ....By the way, STL has called back 10 more road drivers and the last 10 are on soft lay-off. Traveler , last week I was in linehaul, and heard a STL driver complaining about OKC drivers in bed at STL. He was saying "why are OKC drivers here, they don't belong here". When I asked him where he was going, he said CVE.

IND will no longer run to KCM, NSH will turn STL so NSH most likely will lose runs to KCM. CDO wants this freight from KCM to go when loaded ,therefore, KCM drivers will run it on schedule instead of the freight sitting on their yard waiting for STL drivers. VELOCITY! ....By the way, STL has called back 10 more road drivers and the last 10 are on soft lay-off. Traveler , last week I was in linehaul, and heard a STL driver complaining about OKC drivers in bed at STL. He was saying "why are OKC drivers here, they don't belong here". When I asked him where he was going, he said CVE.
That's good one.

Heard the other dcay after the bids were posted in STL that the reason we lost so many was because KCM was going to be running approx. 10 schedules a day into STL. How is this possible. As I understand it The STL KCM lane is STL's work. I really cannot see why they need to be running reversals in STL. espcially when we have the drivers to do the work. what with 20 or so drivers still on letter of layoff. I would think that between STL, IND,NSH and MEM we should be able to handle all the east bound loads coming out of KCM. Why do we all of a sudden need to have yet another barning running over the top of us?:chairshot:
That's part of what this COO was about for us. Changing some freight lanes. I get nervous when they start messing with our lanes also. But all of that was factored in when they came up with the minus 3 drivers.

I don't know where you got your INFO! INDY is still going to run KCM.

lack of due diligence

the key word in the first post is 'heard'.

there were at least a half dozen regular joes in STL that did a huge amount of research besides union leadership.

-3 is misleading.

my gut tells me as time goes forward it's going to be more like a plus 10.

KY "for the ultimate experience"

ps; i did the research.

the key word in the first post is 'heard'.

there were at least a half dozen regular joes in STL that did a huge amount of research besides union leadership.

-3 is misleading.

my gut tells me as time goes forward it's going to be more like a plus 10.

KY "for the ultimate experience"

ps; i did the research.
I have a feeling you're right on the money with the plus 10.

It looks like COL will be still making sets for CNC,
ATL, MBK and any other volume shots they come up with and the UE's will be taking them to CTI and RFO and putting them on the relay line then pulling relay loads to COL. I missed that in the UE language.
I guess these UE guys will put 4 or 5 hours in linehaul work then go to the dock to work inbound at COL for the city. No wonder they let 18 road drivers leave linhaul instead of the 8 that the change called for. I need to look at these changes more carefully.

Glad to hear the bottom road drivers are getting some time here in STL,the dock has been using everyone they can 10%,laid off and OT.Lets hope the freight flow remains heavy company wide.