FedEx Freight | Kenworth wants to sell us their GPS units

top cat

TB Lurker
Credits
2 trucks in the northwest has GPS units installed in the dash by Kenworth.They monitor 17 differnt funchtion in the motor as well as who is in it ! But I wish they would porgam it with more games to play while they watch over us.
:Jogging-Cow:
But what I hear from the biggest brother "all Trucks will in the USA will be monitored by 2010" :borg:
OH YEA THE SPECIAL WIRE THAT GOES TO SEAT IS THEIR ALSO!

A supervisor told me that when you pull up a tractor # on the equipment screen.That it will tell you if it has GPS or not. He said ALL of the new white Volvos have them. Am I sure no, but thats what said.

No,365Volare thats the S.R.S system(smell report system).It tells if you eat enough vegtables.You know,so they can tell if you are a health risk.

as a fxfe p&d man gps in the tractor is not a problem because we carry intermecs witch are gps enabled......Makes you feel real good when your employer really trusts you

No I am pretty sure the GPS in not on.
I sat in dispach all day today and did not see that.

GPS....Another Way to ADD VALUE to the customers!!! Customer A wants to know wher their freight is at ANY GIVEN MOMENT!! BINGO!! GPS. Service centers can find out what time you left the yard, better yet...what time you rolled into the shop.....then left the yard. I figure the wands would have GPS in them...

OR this could be the start of the AUTO LOGS for LINEHAUL. No more log books. Just wish I knew what company we were going to use.....If so TIME TO BUY STOCK!!!!!

THEBADCOOLOMULLET:
I don't think it's added value it's the big guys like John D---- and Goverment who want it after all he wanted the 11 hour rule and were you asked if you wanted to work more hours!I know was not! Paperless logs GPS prepass are all ways to have big brother watch over us. So say good by to the eleite fleet. And thats the truth of it.