Key drops

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
How many have you guys have set off alarms doing key drops? I had one yesterday, I turned the alarm off then when I went to open the back door again the alarm went off, so i turned it back off and walked out then again it went off. It was so weird. After about 10 mins i just let the alarm go and I did my thing. But the cops never showed up.

I have set off alarms and the cops show up but once they see a delivery truck they know what happened. They just ask for my license and call dispatch and call it good.

Any of you guys have any stories?

How many have you guys have set off alarms doing key drops? I had one yesterday, I turned the alarm off then when I went to open the back door again the alarm went off, so i turned it back off and walked out then again it went off. It was so weird. After about 10 mins i just let the alarm go and I did my thing. But the cops never showed up.

I have set off alarms and the cops show up but once they see a delivery truck they know what happened. They just ask for my license and call dispatch and call it good.

Any of you guys have any stories?

Oh yea, I have had cops show, they just turn around and go back the other way, they know what happened. I have called the police when at one of my key drops the alarm was off and the back door had a knife in the jam, I figured an employee was helping some robbers and I didn't wanna be there when the deal went down, the cop stayed with me and I locked up and set the alarm without incident.

Then there was a stop that changed the code and not the key, a bixby cop showed up and asked if he could help me, while shining his light in my trailer, me being a smart ass said there is 9 cases in the freezer if you don't mind..LOL, he didn't like that and asked me what I was doing, instead of saying what the **** do you think I'm doing..I said I'm putting stuff in the store, not taking it out, explained the situation, then all was good.

Then there are the ones that go off non stop and the cops never show.

I lost count of the all the alarms that I set off over the years.

We have a small chain here called Goldies, one place was having alarm issues, everytime I set it off it cost them 75 bucks and the owner would come down at 0200, I would shrug my shoulders and tell him I'm putting in the code, just like I do all the others, after 4 weeks of this and nearly needing a hearing aid, they finally got it fixed.

When i work for the Wendy's dist., my co-driver and I set alarms off weekly. Wendy's had a habit of changing the alarm code every time a manger quit or got fired. Got to the point that we started using the master code that he got off the DM when he worked for his old company that did Wendy's(they lost the contract and we picked up the stores and most of their drivers).

Use to deliver to a place called Wing Zone. All night delivers. Set alarms off often. Samething, change code, fail to inform us.

When i work for the Wendy's dist., my co-driver and I set alarms off weekly. Wendy's had a habit of changing the alarm code every time a manger quit or got fired. Got to the point that we started using the master code that he got off the DM when he worked for his old company that did Wendy's(they lost the contract and we picked up the stores and most of their drivers).

Use to deliver to a place called Wing Zone. All night delivers. Set alarms off often. Samething, change code, fail to inform us.

I guess the delivery of food, the very thing that makes their business run, just ain't important enough to consider when firing a mgr.

I guess the delivery of food, the very thing that makes their business run, just ain't important enough to consider when firing a mgr.

Some had a habit of changing the locks also. The company ended that problem quick. We were told if the lock was changed, go to the next stop and bring that stop's order back. They got the hint after the first or second time, lol.

Some had a habit of changing the locks also. The company ended that problem quick. We were told if the lock was changed, go to the next stop and bring that stop's order back. They got the hint after the first or second time, lol.

I like their style, except you had to work around it, that always blows!!

Ive gotten my ass chewed out by a customer once. She said I costed her 250 bucks because the cops showed up. I think key drops are creepy. If a person drove by and seen you in there by yourself they could easily hold you up at gun point and try and rob the place. Also some places just have weird noises in them. I dont mind key drops in the day light just night time it creeps me out

I like the silent alarms the best. I had one in Davenport, IA. I set it off but I didnt know.. halfway through the delivery, a cop is waiting for me outside of the back door, then another one flanks me from around the corner of the building to make sure that I didnt run...Military-like precision... That was pretty cool

But yea, that foodservice company had about 50% key drops and disarming alarms isn't part of the training :poster_oops: I know that most alarms are common sense to disarm, but some of them arent.

I like the silent alarms the best. I had one in Davenport, IA. I set it off but I didnt know.. halfway through the delivery, a cop is waiting for me outside of the back door, then another one flanks me from around the corner of the building to make sure that I didnt run...Military-like precision... That was pretty cool

But yea, that foodservice company had about 50% key drops and disarming alarms isn't part of the training :poster_oops: I know that most alarms are common sense to disarm, but some of them arent.

Thats a fact! Some of them are complicated, I have one that once you arm it, I have to stand there and wait for the light to turn red, then exit, most alarms, I set them then bolt.

Ive gotten my ass chewed out by a customer once. She said I costed her 250 bucks because the cops showed up. I think key drops are creepy. If a person drove by and seen you in there by yourself they could easily hold you up at gun point and try and rob the place. Also some places just have weird noises in them. I dont mind key drops in the day light just night time it creeps me out

I used to start at midnight downtown Tulsa, it is creepy, but you get used to it, my co-worker pulled a knife on a guy that approached him one time, if he had stabbed him, Sysco woulda fired him, we can't carry weapons...stupid huh?