Keystone Pipeline decision:Obama screws blue collar workers again!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gilly, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

I see you've yet to dispute the facts on Keystone above such as current pipelines being under capacity, and projected to remain so until beyond 2025.

2. Dick Dastardly

It's simply a means to bypass America and sell it offshore for higher profits. It will result in higher gasoline prices here at home as well.

3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The proposed Keystone pipeline is through a different route, and if we get that tar sands oil flowing through the current pipe and the new proposed pipe, the capacity will go up. So being under capacity changes nothing. Under capacity means that there is space available for more to flow.

Face it......since it's a fossil fuel and not a green energy fantasy fuel, you are against it.

4. Dick Dastardly

No Obama is foolishly pushing for TPP. I'm not party blind like you. I'm an Independent.

5. Dick Dastardly

The Keystone wouldn't be needed if the oil were staying here. There's room for that oil on the current pipelines.

6. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Government taxes,regulations,codes,laws ect drove those jobs away more than bad trade deals or cheap labor ever could. For example a president killing a pipeline with a pen and a phone.

7. Dick Dastardly

They simply want to bypass the midwest and send it to "foreign trade zones" on the gulf to avoid paying taxes to the United States, then ship it overseas for more profit.

Magoo likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

Now you are just talking in a big circle. You yourself said that it will get refined here in America, so how does that hurt us? Creating work for American workers is a good thing (other than in the mind of the Libs)

You clearly have no concept of supply and demand. More availability to gas means lower prices at the pump. Your argument falls flat on it's face.

Magoo likes this.
  9. Dick Dastardly

What part of shipped offshore don't you understand? If the pipelines to the midwest are under capacity why not ship it there? I'll tell you. It's so they can send it to tax free foreign trade zones and paying less money to America. This will also result in them moving current oil to Keystone shipping it offshore as well. That results in less supply in America driving up prices. It's economics 101 Flash. It screws Americans both ways.

10. Dick Dastardly

I'm pro America, therefore I'm anti Keystone.

Magoo likes this.
  11. Northern Flash

The oil companies will be paying big bucks to the U.S. for running that oil across our country, it creates jobs, and give us more options when the Arabs raise oil prices.

So are you against this same crude being moved via train? (that could never derail {two derailments in the last couple days} Or is that acceptable since the trains are owned by a Liberal?

12. Dick Dastardly

It's simple. If the oil were staying here I would be for Keystone. If it isn't staying here I don't want it moved over our farmland period. We have current pipelines to use to keep it here but they don't want that because they want more profits overseas. This tar oil is ideal for, and will be used for diesel, which is in higher demand overseas. I think this is a bad deal for America. The few temporary jobs it creates aren't worth it.

Magoo likes this.
  13. Northern Flash

All that you see is the oil leaving our shores on a freighter. You just can't grasp the concept of how we benefit from it being here.....before it gets loaded onto the freighter.

Are the refineries in the Midwest? NO. Can the freighters that are going to take the oil overseas in the Midwest? NO. They put he refineries near the ocean for a reason.

Even your boy in the White House hasn't used that as an excuse. And since he has the ability to set the tax rate, he could still do that if he really wanted it to go through. But in reality, Obama doesn't want to cut his biggest campaign bundler out of the picture by not using the rail.(Warren Buffet)

You don't make any sense. YOU and the article said that the crude will get refined here in the Gulf, so how does that LOWER the supply? It don't, it actually makes more refined product available.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  14. Northern Flash

I see it as you being pro-Liberal agenda. That's the only thing makes any sense.......since your argument doesn't.

15. Northern Flash

I'm going to go ahead and call B.S.

Although you aren't going to admit it, I'd be willing to bet that you are also against the other drilling that is going on here, but it will be for some other illogical reason.

16. Dick Dastardly

Apparently you don't realize there are oiil refineries all over this country, including the midwest.

17. Dick Dastardly

I've already addressed this. It will result in current oil piped to the Midwest moved to the Keystone thereby lowering supply here. This in turn results in higher prices. It's called supply and demand. Economics 101

18. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I think the tar sand crude is significantly different that a refinery must be set up for it specifically. So I doubt it could be sent anywhere.
    For instance some crude oil that from Venezuela for instance and that oil from the Florida everglades are heavy sulfur crude. They send that stuff to refineries set up for it that stuff specifically. That tar sand s oil is different all together.

19. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

20. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

I for one am far from being a liberal . Today's conservative is to me a corporate liberal. I see this from a real Conservative as a bad deal for the United States. I would have to think that all those here on T/B that favor this pipeline really don't have any skin in the game . Is anyone of them having their land invaded by some other country ? As I said in an earlier post that there's plenty of republicans that are against this pipeline cutting across their land . I think it is rather liberal for those who favor letting an other country this being Canada come here and putting American at risk of all the negative possibilities . Not all conservatives agree . Would that be agreeable to those that do not agree with my comments ?

Magoo likes this.