Keystone pipeline won’t use U.S. steel despite Trump pledge

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

They don't pay an income tax, they can also receive welfare benefits, special hunting and fishing privileges, and they can also make tax free purchases. I don't remember all of the other benefits that they get because NONE of my family members or their relatives stoop to that level. They all work for a living and don't take advantage of free stuff.

I will always remember this one old Indian friend of my parent's that used to always say, "Nobody would ever claim to be an Indian until all of this free stuff came out, then all of the sudden it's Hi, how are you". {As he raised his hand like Tonto would when greeting people.}

henry j and Rastus like this.
  2. Northern Flash

Same here with the older clothes. I've always made the sacrifices to save money. I'd rather have my family wearing nice clothes than myself. I always have a few good ones, but keep the old stuff for a long time. Other than working, I don't get out much anyway.

henry j likes this.
  3. Northern Flash

When I see those torn up, new jeans in stores, I tell my wife and kids that based on what's in my closet, I'm sitting on a gold mine.
    :biglaugh:

buffalobill likes this.
  4. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Urban Outfitters has a DC in Lancaster area. We had a big account with them awhile back where we'd divide all there skids and send it to their different stores. A box tore and out fell a pair of those fancy jeans with holes as part of the style. The stuff was prepricetagged. The tag said $260 for 1 pair. Insane.

5. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Used to be a really good job back in the day.

buffalobill likes this.
  6. henry j

henry j Banned

Hah - Love it. I would have like to sit and talk to that guy. Back in the late '60's - early '70's we (my family) got to be good friends with an old Chippewa Indian couple. The only name everybody knew him by was simply "Brownie".He was a great guy, great fisherman. Only had a small tackle box with 6 - 8 lures, an old 14 ft aluminum boat w/ old Johnson 9 1/2 HP on it. We were also good friends with their son and his wife too. None of us had much money, but we went on camping/fishing weekend trips together quite a bit. The old guy, (then in his late '70's) and his wife and another friend of theirs (also in his late '70's) would always come along. They had no camper - just slept in the back of their old pickup covered with a topper. The wife was an "old school" Chippewa wife, never said anything that I can remember, but was always by her husband's side. Every morning, the rest of us would get up around 5:30 or 6 AM and everyday, Brownie would be eating breakfast of fresh fish, fried potatoes and eggs cooked over the campfire.. Brownie and his old pal had been out on the lake before sunrise and caught their limit before the rest of us even woke up - every time. He'd just laugh at us. I miss those days. Not much money, but great friends and great stories of them when they grew up living in sod houses with dirt floors in far western MN and ND plains where trees were scarce. Dried buffalo and cow chips were used for heat and cooking fuel. He told many campfire stories about living in those days, laughing all the time. Poor, but happy. He'd come by my house in winter often showing 30" Northern Pike he'd just speared, too. I sure miss that guy. Sounds a lot like the old guy you described.

slavenomore and Northern Flash like this.