FedEx Freight | Know What You're Voting For

Status
Not open for further replies.
In May of 2014, the President of the IBT, Hoffa Jr., and Ken Hall secretly changed the IBT constitution in order to impose the UPS deal!
And this coming AFTER 94% of the members in Lou voted no to a "final offer" that was worse than a previous offer!!

You guys in Lou should REALLY do your homework before you vote!!!!

Hoffa and Hall Secretly Changed Constitution to Impose UPS Deal | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

yeah you should, you should compare your insurance, pension, wages, and work rules to ups, and then look for the big difference between fredex and ups....

matter of fact I do. thanks for asking. our new president of fedex freight that will start jan. 1st is also in charge of worldwide trade appointed by Obama. now you hate Obama as I do also. but the big questions is what's the difference? everybody whats to talk democrats and Obama, guess what our new president of fedex will be working for him also. does that mean you will now support Obama? I will not support Obama and never will but the good thing is he will be out in 2 more years will you still have a job at fedex in 2 more years? our corporate big wigs have damn good contracts with fedex and damn good ins. [life time]. don't you think you deserve at least life time ins. for trying to make a good life for your family and making this co. profitable. the way I see it yes all of this deserve it. i'm not talking about 2,3,4 hundred thousand dollars a year like they make. or the millions in bonuses no it would be nice but no I would like to have better ins. better pay and most of all less stress about losing my job cause I did something wrong. you say you don't trust the union cause of their past. guess what I don't trust fedex because of their past. fedex talks about how dirty the union is but when questioned about how dirty fedex is the can say only that they made mistakes we are trying to make things right. this only came out of their mouth after the union talk, before that it was if you don't like it find another job. when management does something wrong its always my bad, when you do something wrong your fired. even after talking to the union busters fedex hired they said that we had the momentum to go forward. if you want to believe in fedex lies that's fine but when it comes back and bites you in the ass don't beg for help cause their will be none for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
matter of fact I do. thanks for asking. our new president of fedex freight that will start jan. 1st is also in charge of worldwide trade appointed by Obama. now you hate Obama as I do also. but the big questions is what's the difference? everybody whats to talk democrats and Obama, guess what our new president of fedex will be working for him also. does that mean you will now support Obama? I will not support Obama and never will but the good thing is he will be out in 2 more years will you still have a job at fedex in 2 more years? our corporate big wigs have damn good contracts with fedex and damn good ins. [life time]. don't you think you deserve at least life time ins. for trying to make a good life for your family and making this co. profitable. the way I see it yes all of this deserve it. i'm not talking about 2,3,4 hundred thousand dollars a year like they make. or the millions in bonuses no it would be nice but no I would like to have better ins. better pay and most of all less stress about losing my job cause I did something wrong. you say you don't trust the union cause of their past. guess what I don't trust fedex because of their past. fedex talks about how dirty the union is but when questioned about how dirty fedex is the can say only that they made mistakes we are trying to make things right. this only came out of their mouth after the union talk, before that it was if you don't like it find another job. when management does something wrong its always my bad, when you do something wrong your fired. even after talking to the union busters fedex hired they said that we had the momentum to go forward. if you want to believe in fedex lies that's fine but when it comes back and bites you in the ass don't beg for help cause their will be none for you.
No, I do not and will never support Obama. Yes, I hope to still have a job at FedEx in two years. No, I don't think I "deserve" lifetime insurance. If I wanted the golden parachutes that the top executives enjoy, I'd have paid more attention to education while in school instead of sports and girls. I don't worry about losing my job for frivolous reasons, the company doesn't fire people, people fire themselves. Do I believe FedEx is perfect, no. Do I believe the union is perfect, no. The last time I checked this was still a free country and if I wasn't happy with my work conditions, yes, I would leave and find another job. I have yet to beg for help, on the contrary, isn't that exactly what the pro-union guys are doing, begging the union for help?

BTW, what you posted was your opinion and since I disagree with your opinion, yes, I find it to be false.

No, I do not and will never support Obama. Yes, I hope to still have a job at FedEx in two years. No, I don't think I "deserve" lifetime insurance. If I wanted the golden parachutes that the top executives enjoy, I'd have paid more attention to education while in school instead of sports and girls. I don't worry about losing my job for frivolous reasons, the company doesn't fire people, people fire themselves. Do I believe FedEx is perfect, no. Do I believe the union is perfect, no. The last time I checked this was still a free country and if I wasn't happy with my work conditions, yes, I would leave and find another job. I have yet to beg for help, on the contrary, isn't that exactly what the pro-union guys are doing, begging the union for help?

BTW, what you posted was your opinion and since I disagree with your opinion, yes, I find it to be false.

so what your saying is that if you started part time went full time reminder that you never went to college, became a driver then moved up the ranks into supervision and on up into upper management all the way up to signing a contract you wouldn't accept life time ins.my friend if you say yes your a liar. But once you get to that position you forget where you come from and say the hell to the people below me. I have no problem with fedex trying to make money and taking care of the shareholders who are trying to make this co. grow. my problem is when they get to damn greedy and want to forget about the peon's like me. get rid of the old bring in the new you hear that everywhere. NOT NO MORE they can still make their money so can we. base on that fact yes I want help cause fedex can give a rats ass about you or me. I will let you guess which way I vote when the time comes.remember this either way you vote you will still be voting for Obama cause he hired our new president to the worldwide trade committee.

Quote Originally Posted by wongway View Post
HA HA HA , well the list would start with my weeks vacation back & -15% pay back & Xmas hams back & B-day gift back & pension back & our Holland pride back !!!!!!
Man, you are not the only person Santa has to service this year. One miracle at a time please!!! (Lol) MERRY CHRISTMAS

In May of 2014, the President of the IBT, Hoffa Jr., and Ken Hall secretly changed the IBT constitution in order to impose the UPS deal!
And this coming AFTER 94% of the members in Lou voted no to a "final offer" that was worse than a previous offer!!

You guys in Lou should REALLY do your homework before you vote!!!!

Hoffa and Hall Secretly Changed Constitution to Impose UPS Deal | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

I personally have no problem with TDU Teamsters for a Democratic Union | Working together for a stronger union Nothing wrong with a watchdog, keeping an eye on the watchdog.

Does that negate the gains achievable through Teamster representation? NO. Gains made for USP/UPSF despite imperfection? NO.

I don't like Microsoft politics, but I just bought a new Windows computer. I'm sorry but sacrificing a better workplace and personal gains, for all of us, just because I don't like Teamster politics, seems self defeating. You don't like Unions, but you do use Union shipping services, when it's benefits you.

I personally have no problem with TDU Teamsters for a Democratic Union | Working together for a stronger union Nothing wrong with a watchdog, keeping an eye on the watchdog.

Does that negate the gains achievable through Teamster representation? NO. Gains made for USP/UPSF despite imperfection? NO.

I don't like Microsoft politics, but I just bought a new Windows computer. I'm sorry but sacrificing a better workplace and personal gains, for all of us, just because I don't like Teamster politics, seems self defeating. You don't like Unions, but you do use Union shipping services, when it's benefits you.
It just means Hoffa and Hall can impose a contract whether the employees like it or not, in this case, a worse contract that had been previously offered.

It's obvious you're not a FXF employee, why are you even on this thread, just curious?

It just means Hoffa and Hall can impose a contract whether the employees like it or not, in this case, a worse contract that had been previously offered.

It's obvious you're not a FXF employee, why are you even on this thread, just curious?

look at the pay, benefits, retirement, and work rules, compare them with your lesser pay, benefits, pension, and get back to me.

some contracts arent voted on by members at all, they are entirely negotiated by the international. they are also some of the strongest contracts with the best pay and benefits around. just ask a teamster pipeliner what he thinks of his benefits and pay...

look at the pay, benefits, retirement, and work rules, compare them with your lesser pay, benefits, pension, and get back to me.

some contracts arent voted on by members at all, they are entirely negotiated by the international. they are also some of the strongest contracts with the best pay and benefits around. just ask a teamster pipeliner what he thinks of his benefits and pay...

Why in the world would we want better pay and benefits package along with a contract. I would rather the company make billons and treat us like ****. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.