FedEx Freight | Know What You're Voting For

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw nothing in this story that said anything about corporate tax rates and whether or not they worked, however, I did take the time to look up the numbers for 2014...U.S.- 35% (the highest of any industrialized country), China- 25%.
Although the story did say that the TPP "will boost U.S. EXPORTS and lower tariffs for American goods in the fast-growing Asia-Pacific region", I personally don't trust any Commucrat, especially that dumb mass in the White House!
No where in the story did it mention our new CEO, is this your own personal opinion?
Again, no need to organize.

https://www.uschamber.com/press-release/us-chamber-board-elects-michael-ducker-vice-chairman

It was rumored in these threads that this guy was gonna be your CEO. Maybe I'm wrong.

Tariffs were removed and replaced with income taxes when progressives took over under FDR I believe. Thats the begining of the end. Free Trade was the downfall of Rome and England.
I learn that from 2 Reagan cabinet members writings.
Clyde Prestowitz(Reagan's Asian Trade negotiator)
and Pat Buchanan.
The GOP had the best trade protection long ago.
But they all sold out to the corporations.
None of whom are or will ever really be able to remain American. They are global. Union Locals aint movin to China.
Union members are Americans.
And we look out for Americans whilst oursuing profits. Not so with the antiunion corporate side.

Tariffs were removed and replaced with income taxes when progressives took over under FDR I believe. Thats the begining of the end. Free Trade was the downfall of Rome and England.
and Pat Buchanan.
None of whom are or will ever really be able to remain American. They are global. Union Locals aint movin to China.
And we look out for Americans whilst oursuing profits. Not so with the antiunion corporate side.

The biggest demise of this country is when Clinton signed the NAFTA bill. That bill has killed this country in many ways along with the current one in the BIG house.

and Pat Buchanan.

NAFTA and the current TPP are one in the same. And the uniins are the biggest fighters of them.
The corporations want it. And as the title of this thread goes....know what your votingfor.

A yes helps fight it.
A n9 supports coroorations making rules for you, your family, your locality, your state, and your country. The corporations are negotiating our trade deal with Asia in secret evenn secret to our elected government reps. Yet they arent elected by us nor are they dedicated to us.

I havent totally looked into it but Im leaning towaards thinking that the banks failures are the reason for NAFTA. In the Carter years the oil crisis caused Mexico to fail in paying back massive amounts of loans to our banks. It was like 80 billion dollarß or something. NAFTA was a bailout for the big banks imo......and it bothered them none of the jobs we lost. Just so they gget theirs. They got slaves, destroyed our unions, wages, standards and pensions. When people mistrust unions and pensions they go to the financial sector for retirement plans....and the banks keep raking it in. These trade deals will eventually override our constitution imo.
Peoples refusal to join unions aids that imo.

The biggest demise of this country is when Clinton signed the NAFTA bill. That bill has killed this country in many ways along with the current one in the BIG house.

NAFTA and the current TPP are one in the same. And the uniins are the biggest fighters of them.
The corporations want it. And as the title of this thread goes....know what your votingfor.

A yes helps fight it.
A n9 supports coroorations making rules for you, your family, your locality, your state, and your country. The corporations are negotiating our trade deal with Asia in secret evenn secret to our elected government reps. Yet they arent elected by us nor are they dedicated to us.

I havent totally looked into it but Im leaning towaards thinking that the banks failures are the reason for NAFTA. In the Carter years the oil crisis caused Mexico to fail in paying back massive amounts of loans to our banks. It was like 80 billion dollarß or something. NAFTA was a bailout for the big banks imo......and it bothered them none of the jobs we lost. Just so they gget theirs. They got slaves, destroyed our unions, wages, standards and pensions. When people mistrust unions and pensions they go to the financial sector for retirement plans....and the banks keep raking it in. These trade deals will eventually override our constitution imo.
Peoples refusal to join unions aids that imo.
On another note the unions have drove many companies overseas to do business where they don't have working restrictions. The union negotiate contracts that implant things where companies can't adapt quickly to economic change when needed.

On another note the unions have drove many companies overseas to do business where they don't have working restrictions. The union negotiate contracts that implant things where companies can't adapt quickly to economic change when needed.
Not so fast, citydog. The U.S. tax code and U.S. Government REGULATIONS, have driven costs up, across the board, much more than Unions. :oops:

Not so fast, citydog. The U.S. tax code and U.S. Government REGULATIONS, have driven costs up, across the board, much more than Unions. :oops:

That I totally agree with, the amount the Unions add to the cost of doing business is nothing compared to taxes and unnecessary regulation. Look at what the stupid pointless EPA mandates alone have added to the cost of a new tractor.

The thing that concerns me about the "Fair Tax" is what it will do to the economy.

That would depend on how heavily regulated that industry is and how lucrative the union contracts are relative to the non-union contracts.

I will agree with some oc the gov reg stufc. When it comes to say State emmisions inspection for my car also. Years ago the inspection benefited twofold. One it benefitted the envoronment(supposedly). Two it benefited union parts makers. The corrupt designing intentiinally made ways involving pay to certified mechanics makes me think thats the only reason its designed cdrtain ways. And now we are mandated to give American dollars for foreign made parts no longer made here.
Products are NOT made to please consumers much to th LIE of business existing to serve a consumer oriented society. If that was the case electronics would be less used imo.
Most guys I knew in high school could replace most parts on a car WITHOUT hiring a mechanic. Now most can hardly do any oc their own work due to electronics plus design intentionally used to make us rely on mechanics. If they wanted to serve THIS consumer theyd save me money with simple design so i can fix it myself. Its all rigged to keep us spending. And its diststeful.

That I totally agree with, the amount the Unions add to the cost of doing business is nothing compared to taxes and unnecessary regulation. Look at what the stupid pointless EPA mandates alone have added to the cost of a new tractor.

My bills don't adapt very well either.
That's life. Yet business is deemed so economically knowledgeable and competitive. And we lose all when changes come. I see no fairness in the game "rules" that way and lose faith and respect in the game. Business loses they change names. We lose we can't. They say they are such " risk takers" yet the rules change to lessen their risk.

,The thing that built and made us number 1 was manufacturing. Tariffs protected/ built us. Lincoln, Jackson, Mckinnley.....all tariff Presidents. The world wanted cheap then as now and it didnt deter them. They knew how to put America first....not the marmet. Tariffs paid government. Then progressive founder of the UN,Cordell Hull, came alongand tariffs were replaced with income tax. I suggest Buchanans " The Great Betrayal" for a history of GOP ideals. Untariffed or lowtariff trade is an ideal stright from progressive dems.

The thing that concerns me about the "Fair Tax" is what it will do to the economy.

That would depend on how heavily regulated that industry is and how lucrative the union contracts are relative to the non-union contracts.

The Fair Tax would kick the economy into high gear... No IRS, You get your whole paycheck. No embedded taxes, present in most everything we buy. Most importantly, JOBS would be abundant, as companies would flock to this country, due to no Corporate taxes. I researched it pretty thoroughly, back when it was first introduced. I think is the best plan out there. There is very little not to like. The difficulty would be getting it passed into law, as our lawmakers would loose their power, derived from the very tax code, we'd want to abolish, making passage "unlikely". That is the only real problem, IMHO.

To be "fair", it would need a thread of it's own, to fully discuss.

The Fair Tax would kick the economy into high gear... No IRS, You get your whole paycheck. No embedded taxes, present in most everything we buy. Most importantly, JOBS would be abundant, as companies would flock to this country, due to no Corporate taxes. I researched it pretty thoroughly, back when it was first introduced. I think is the best plan out there. There is very little not to like. The difficulty would be getting it passed into law, as our lawmakers would loose their power, derived from the very tax code, we'd want to abolish, making passage "unlikely". That is the only real problem, IMHO.

To be "fair", it would need a thread of it's own, to fully discuss.

I agree Swampratt, the Fair Tax faces an uphill battle due to oppenents claiming it would only further cripple the middle class leaving them with larger tax burdens. I for one support it for eliminating the double taxation so many Americans don't even realize they are subject to.

Status
Not open for further replies.