Koch and Friends Incorporated

Discussion in 'Politics' started by larmar, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

depends, if you were talking about Barry getting tens of millions from Soros and using the term "dark money" yes, coded racism, you know like welfare (because white people are not on welfare)

2. RacerX69

RacerX69 Retired Gear Jammer/IBEW Retired/Wingnut

I agree. In fact, eliminate the US Tax Code and force the politicians to actually work for a living and maybe things will take a turn for the better.

And eliminate career politicians.

Yes, term limits.

One, maybe two terms and then back to the ranks of the working class.

Serving as a congressman or legislator is supposed to be "serving" the needs of the people, like you and I.

Those (bass)turds in Washington are only serving the lobbyists.

And themselves.

Again, I say, THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT US, the very people they have been elected to serve.

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Actually US Senators are NOT supposed to serve 'the people'- Reps do that. Senators are SUPPOSED to represent their State Legislatures views. Mandates like barrycare or Entitlements would never have passed IF Senators followed their duties, since more than half the states filed suit against it...

4. RacerX69

Oh?

There are just about many white people on welfare as there are people of other ethnic extraction.

A breakdown of welfare recipients by ethnicity (from the US Department of Commerce):

Black 39.8%
    White 38.8%
    Hispanic 15.7%
    Asian 2.4%
    other 3.3% (what race is "other"?)

More white women receive welfare than any other group.

We do need to eliminate the welfare program though, and get people working, and contributing to society.

5. RacerX69

And by representing the states legislature views they are SUPPOSED to be representing the people's views.

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

THEIR people's views. Not like my Indiana Senator representing California or New York's views....

7. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

So due to the 15.7% on welfare, since July 1,2012 the % of hispanics is 17.. So you're telling me that over 7 million hispanics are on welfare? That's a relatively high number don't ya think? When the population as of 2012 was 53 million... Someone is kicking the fox out of the hen house here.... Sounds like the black folks are no longer the minority and should be furious at the Mexicans.....

8. RacerX69

The population of the US according to the 2012 census was 312.8 million, not 53 million.

9. MuddleVanHeck

MuddleVanHeck Active Member

10. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

I would add, do away with the two party system and force them to run on their ideas instead of party affiliation. there are those that don't care what a person really stands for, all the see is the R or D at the end of their name.

11. larmar

larmar Banned

Well I am not going through the whole list, but one of the first on the list is an organization that supports women's right to choose.

I totally agree with that. It is waaaaaay past time we took rosaries out of politics. It is none of YOUR business if a women chooses to have an abortion or not. This is just a wedge issue used to separate the working class nothing more. If you are in the 1% and your daughter gets pregnant, you betcha she will get an abortion on the QT. Then we will all go to mass on Saturday night for communion. No questions asked!

12. MuddleVanHeck

MuddleVanHeck Active Member

Larmar,

You're right - it IS a wedge issue. It's also the same old tired torpedo the left fires at us during every election campaign. I wish they'd try something new. After all, there's only a handful of crazies left in our party. Most of the Republicans I know don't even consider it an issue. But enough of that. I urge you to look at the entire list. It's that long. And these are some of the most radical organizations in existence.

13. RacerX69

I think they are all a bunch of losers. They only care about their own agenda, and the lobbying (bribing) that they do is only to serve their own personal interests.

If they were truly altruistic, and used their wealth for the good of all of humanity, wouldn't that be better?

14. RacerX69

Bingo!

There are dirtbags on both sides of the aisle.

But there are also great people with very good ideas and intentions, but the whole party affiliation thing gets in the way.

15. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

I think he was referring to 53 mil Hispanic population, not entire population