L.A. ends Columbus Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Keepingon, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/08/30/la-city-council-columbus-day/

"LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) – The Los Angeles City Council Wednesday approved a motion to replace Columbus Day with Indigenous People’s Dayas an official L.A. holiday, siding with critics who said the explorer’s connection to brutality and slavery makes him no longer worthy of celebration."

Apparently pushing working class like myself away was not enough for democrats, Now they decided to push all Italian Americans away.

Hey L.A. :fingure:
    Enjoy Indigenous People's day

Northern Flash and SuperCourse like this.
  2. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

What great accomplishment did the indigenous people achieve on October 12th?

3. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

I'm not the sharpest spoon in the drawer but using the word "indigenous" or even the word "native" to describe the "first settlers" of America is not in the correct meaning of those words.
    I was taught about the old Alaskan "Bridge to Somewhere" where nomadic peoples of Eurasia and Asia walked across it. Has this somehow changed and the American continent produced humanoids/humans?
    Native Americans is a term I use and I have absolutely no problem with, but "indigenous" is a little to strong and, by all definitions, is wrong.
    Please don't consider this Native American bashing. And please correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Obama is obviously a racist, so why did Chicago just get to name an expressway after him? I'm offended, and I want the signs torn down immediately.
    Wait, forget it, I'm a white Christian.........my feelings are irrelevant.:regretful:

5. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

6. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

while we are at it
    So long Christmas

[​IMG]

buffalobill likes this.
  7. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Give these radicals a couple of months, and they'll switch over to their hatred of Christmas and how it is "offensive" and it needs to be eliminated.
    They've become more and more unhinged about it for the past few years, but this year should really lower the bar for their level of ignorance.

8. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Nah....too much money to capitalize on by the jewish businessmen....and lots of free stuff for lots of other people.
    they won't give that one up yet...there's stuff to be gained....a religion to ruin.
    Plus lots of paid days off of work and school.

9. Driver71

Driver71 AKA:DBLCLUTCH

WHO CARES !!! LOL