FedEx Freight | **** labor at eph

Credits
So they tell us about 2 weeks ago in preshift that there will be straight trucks brought in from an outside company to "help out" with early closing pick ups ONLY. These trucks will start around 11 AM and be done by 3 PM. Just here to help out TEMPORARILY with the EARLY closing pick ups. Riiiiight... The day they tell us this, they already had 5 trucks lined up outside the gate when we got to work. So how come I keep seeing them every morning around 8 AM and still in our yard, like tonight, at 6 PM? How come I watched the guys get handed DELIVERY manifests if they are only supposed to be doing pick ups? More LIES from corporate. But they managed to **** off some NO votes, turning them into YES votes, so thanks fellas.

If Corporate thinks they can "bully" their way out of us organizing, they must be overdosing on their Purple Kool-Aid. The fact is, they will make our determination to fight that much easier, by turning the Non-Union guys against them. Skeptics are now starting to see and feel who the REAL enemy is. Bring it on Billy!!!! Are you a chess player?

Outside trucks for local cartage. Is this outsourcing at the local level? Does this grate on local drivers like PT grates on linehaul?
or are these just *****?
It would appear that the filter is offended by the word ****.
You would think that you could call a **** a ****.
So, RC will use the more politically correct terminology,
Crusty Dried Blood or CDB.
Whether or not this is just "help", it should open a lot of eyes that are currently not seeing the big picture.

So they tell us about 2 weeks ago in preshift that there will be straight trucks brought in from an outside company to "help out" with early closing pick ups ONLY. These trucks will start around 11 AM and be done by 3 PM. Just here to help out TEMPORARILY with the EARLY closing pick ups. Riiiiight... The day they tell us this, they already had 5 trucks lined up outside the gate when we got to work. So how come I keep seeing them every morning around 8 AM and still in our yard, like tonight, at 6 PM? How come I watched the guys get handed DELIVERY manifests if they are only supposed to be doing pick ups? More LIES from corporate. But they managed to **** off some NO votes, turning them into YES votes, so thanks fellas.

Maybe this will wake the city guys up now! They have been stealing work from line haul with purchase transportation and city didn't care because it didn't affect them. Uh oh!! Looks like they found a way to take work from you guys now!! But it's ok because they took the scorecard away and letting you guys take days off now. Oh and don't forget the cookout too.

WAKE THE HELL UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE AND YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB!! I swear I believe some people like being kicked in the nuts everyday!!!

If we keep farming work out, like we are, we should change the name of the company to FedEx Brokerage Services. Hell, at this rate we are giving companies like CH Robinson, Hub Group, and Alliance Group a run for their money, as far as hooking other carriers up with freight to move. Is that the end game? **** is getting ridonculous.

FedEx management, the best organizers money can buy!

It's because they love us. We now have best friends in anti union meetings. Funny isn't it? All the times drivers complain management never does nothing..regional managers do nothing all of a sudden want to rewrite the books? What..till another memo..another change. Bring on a contract and stop insanity in its tracks.

Obvious scare tactics... No other excuse. Legal must figure they can defend it. They must be paying out the ass for such service. Any clear thinking person knows they NEGOTIATED the TERMS of this service. And did so pretty quickly. Obvious the company met the terms. Since they can't "just hire more" drivers on our dictated terms, they are willing to pay a lot more for an outside company. Who says FedEx won't negotiate? Obviously they already have, in this case.

This should showcase the need for our own agreement. Should push the actual YES votes to a previously unexpected high percentage.

Obvious scare tactics... No other excuse. Legal must figure they can defend it. They must be paying out the ass for such service. Any clear thinking person knows they NEGOTIATED the TERMS of this service. And did so pretty quickly. Obvious the company met the terms. Since they can't "just hire more" drivers on our dictated terms, they are willing to pay a lot more for an outside company. Who says FedEx won't negotiate? Obviously they already have, in this case.

This should showcase the need for our own agreement. Should push the actual YES votes to a previously unexpected high percentage.

Can't wait to hear if anyone has gone from yes or undecided to no... The shift would have to be the other way, right? Surely no one is going to be manipulated like that.

Enterprise Truck Rental owner of the truck.

Stand up and talk to your local Union pretty soon you city drivers will be in trouble... Long p&d runs says adiós. They'll find contractors to service those routes

Can't wait to hear about the fines fedex will pay. Hope it comes out of bill Collins pay check.
Wow, haven't heard that name in a long time!
Collin use to take care of drivers good back in the Viking days at Fontana!
I didn't think he still worked for FedEx frt.
I assume he's change drastically!

Wow, haven't heard that name in a long time!
Collin use to take care of drivers good back in the Viking days at Fontana!
I didn't think he still worked for FedEx frt.

Bill Collins is the Director of Operations for FedEx. Not a terribly unique name, could be the same guy, could be someone different. In any event, I am certain part of his numerous tasks is formulating and testing various plan Bs, Cs and Ds.

Purchase transportation should there be a work slow down or some other child-like tactics during any contract negotiations will be a great work-around. People joke about the $15 minimum wage and burger flippers being replaced by robots...don't price yourselves out of a job.

Health insurance is stupid expensive and escalating quickly. If you want to continue to receive such a bargain in your healthcare you are going to have to assign a real value to that and consider concessions in wage and/or other benefits department.

...don't price yourselves out of a job.

Health insurance is stupid expensive and escalating quickly. If you want to continue to receive such a bargain in your healthcare you are going to have to assign a real value to that and consider concessions in wage and/or other benefits department.

Bargain healthcare? Wage concessions to continue to receive such a bargain? Are you aware of our current consumer "premier" and "choice" plans? You've said you don't work for FXFE, and I do believe you, especially after those statements. I never really doubted you, but that is proof positive.

But Man, this one: don't price yourselves out of a job. Really? We still have cards being signed and you really think we're pricing ourselves out. EX, do you think the terms of the service for these "straight truck outfits" are cheap? This is not a contingency plan. It's a foolish attempt to instill fear, IMHO. In this market there are not enough trucks with drivers to cover even half of a center's workload. Do you think it is even legal? Questionable? Or Reasonable?