FedEx Freight | **** labor at eph

Bill Collins is the Director of Operations for FedEx. Not a terribly unique name, could be the same guy, could be someone different. In any event, I am certain part of his numerous tasks is formulating and testing various plan Bs, Cs and Ds.
Maybe they should quit testing plans B,C and D and go back to A. The only plan that has worked for them yet. You know the "People First" mentality.

Bill Collins is the Director of Operations for FedEx. Not a terribly unique name, could be the same guy, could be someone different. In any event, I am certain part of his numerous tasks is formulating and testing various plan Bs, Cs and Ds.

Purchase transportation should there be a work slow down or some other child-like tactics during any contract negotiations will be a great work-around. People joke about the $15 minimum wage and burger flippers being replaced by robots...don't price yourselves out of a job.

Health insurance is stupid expensive and escalating quickly. If you want to continue to receive such a bargain in your healthcare you are going to have to assign a real value to that and consider concessions in wage and/or other benefits department.

In your opinionated opinion.

Are you ever going to get around to telling us what you do?

Bargain healthcare? Wage concessions to continue to receive such a bargain? Are you aware of our current consumer "premier" and "choice" plans? You've said you don't work for FXFE, and I do believe you, especially after those statements. I never really doubted you, but that is proof positive.

But Man, this one: don't price yourselves out of a job. Really? We still have cards being signed and you really think we're pricing ourselves out. EX, do you think the terms of the service for these "straight truck outfits" are cheap? This is not a contingency plan. It's a foolish attempt to instill fear, IMHO. In this market there are not enough trucks with drivers to cover even half of a center's workload. Do you think it is even legal? Questionable? Or Reasonable?

I'm just saying you ought to pick your battles. Try purchasing health care on your own, or try purchasing it for a group of employees. Crappy insurance isn't even cheap. I'd be willing to forego a wage increase, and might even be willing to take a decrease if I had a guaranteed health insurance family plan at no out of pocket. That's big money these days and isn't getting cheaper.

No, pricing on those straight truck outfits isn't cheap, but then neither is an employee and company equipment. Even if you feel the PT is a bit more expensive, it is wise to pursue that option and get people up to speed just in case you need to utilize them later. Less of a disruption in service that way. Legal? Yes. Questionable? No. Reasonable? Not having a plan B would be not only unreasonable it would be irresponsible.

Maybe they should quit testing plans B,C and D and go back to A. The only plan that has worked for them yet. You know the "People First" mentality.

Perhaps, but to not have a back up plan would be foolish.

In your opinionated opinion.

Are you ever going to get around to telling us what you do?

Of course it's in my opinionated opinion. What else could it be?

What I do doesn't matter. I don't discredit your opinion based on your job title or employer. If I was not responsible for anybody but me, I'd be happy to tell you what I do just to satisfy your curiosity.

I'm just saying you ought to pick your battles. Try purchasing health care on your own, or try purchasing it for a group of employees. Crappy insurance isn't even cheap. I'd be willing to forego a wage increase, and might even be willing to take a decrease if I had a guaranteed health insurance family plan at no out of pocket. That's big money these days and isn't getting cheaper.

No, pricing on those straight truck outfits isn't cheap, but then neither is an employee and company equipment. Even if you feel the PT is a bit more expensive, it is wise to pursue that option and get people up to speed just in case you need to utilize them later. Less of a disruption in service that way. Legal? Yes. Questionable? No. Reasonable? Not having a plan B would be not only unreasonable it would be irresponsible.

Perhaps, but to not have a back up plan would be foolish.

Of course it's in my opinionated opinion. What else could it be?

What I do doesn't matter. I don't discredit your opinion based on your job title or employer. If I was not responsible for anybody but me, I'd be happy to tell you what I do just to satisfy your curiosity.

My question is this, why aren't you responsible for just yourself? Seems like you do a lot of work for your employer, maybe you should start your own consulting business. Though, you could always seek representation from your current employer to better your pay and benefits. Just saying....

My question is this, why aren't you responsible for just yourself? Seems like you do a lot of work for your employer, maybe you should start your own consulting business. Though, you could always seek representation from your current employer to better your pay and benefits. Just saying....

Unless you are a single person without kids, as well as being a sole proprietor you do have others you are responsible for.

If I felt I needed union protection from my employer I would find a new employer. I am not saying that's what you should do, that's just what I would do. Life is too short.

don't pay him no mind he don't work here and never has. he's 1 of freds anti-union boys that sit on here and starts s---. ignore him when ever he talks maybe then fred will fire him also cause he can't do his job. that is to turn us against the union. he's try's hard but he sucks at his job and I can only laugh at him when he gets on here and talk

don't pay him no mind he don't work here and never has. he's 1 of freds anti-union boys that sit on here and starts s---. ignore him when ever he talks maybe then fred will fire him also cause he can't do his job. that is to turn us against the union. he's try's hard but he sucks at his job and I can only laugh at him when he gets on here and talk

Oh look! Another illiterate ass clown attempting to belittle others for stating their opinion. GFY

Oh look! Another illiterate ass clown attempting to belittle others for stating their opinion. GFY

What's an ass clown?
Did you by chance forget to punctuate your tirade?
Punctuation is our friend.
Notice the difference a little punctuation makes.

Let's eat grandma, as opposed to,
Let's eat, grandma.

RC is watching you.

What's an ass clown?
Did you by chance forget to punctuate your tirade?
Punctuation is our friend.
Notice the difference a little punctuation makes.

Let's eat grandma, as opposed to,
Let's eat, grandma.

RC is watching you.

Stick to playing spelling bee policeman. You aren't quite as accomplished when it comes to punctuation. Let somebody else wear that hat. ;) No, not me. I suck at both. I'm good with numbers.

I was going to guess 2...assuming you have 2 arms and they are both available. ;) Maybe nasvegas has some insider info.

I was going to guess 2...assuming you have 2 arms and they are both available. ;) Maybe nasvegas has some insider info.

I was going to wave just one finger. However, Richard reminded me that if indeed all your strolls down memory lane are accurate, you are no spring chicken and possibly somewhat hard of hearing.
So to appease Richard, it was in stereo in case your hearing loss is greater on one side.

He really wanted it to be quadrophonic but I couldn't get my toes to cooperate.