Labor Day 2002

amen brother.........this had been planed for year's ... they got what the wanted and now they are taking away from conway people too.......THE PENSION just to start.

i know it's been a long five years just as mad and hurt today as i was sept 1 2002 and still hate to see a con-way. i see they got cfi for 750m i bet you will see them pulling some of there doubles real soon. you watch the crying after some of them are sitting at home and cfi is pulling there freight

Screw Cnf!!!!!

CNF screwd you guy's ( CONSOLIDATED FREIGHTWAY'S ) and they'll screw the ConWay guy's,they might have allready done it cause earlier this year they claimed to be having moey problem's with the pension fund!,and they purchased CFI go figure. My heart still goe's out to all you folk's from a once great company.:1036316054:

My favorite part was the 16th paragraph. Anybody who did not like Carey is really ill-informed. He cared about us. He cared about workers.

i didn't care for ron cary myself but the truth of the matter is he didn't have a thing to do with us shutting down and it looks like con-way is on there way now cf waste they money on all them old air rights i love to get my hands on pat blake one time

i know it's been a long five years just as mad and hurt today as i was sept 1 2002 and still hate to see a con-way.

I'm tired of hearing the same thing. I work at con-way and i personally had nothing to do with cf going under or you losing your job. i was in complete disbelief the day i heard. no one in their right mind wants to see any great american company shut down. you need to point the blame in the right direction (not the workers). remember, con-way was created by cf and it was basically cf (all the big wigs) that shut cf down.

You are right Con-way drivers did not shut down CF. It was Management, mostly the shut down king BRINKLY. Would like to see some more money for my claim though, think you con-way guys could chip in!!!! :smilie_132:

con-man you might you get to say the samething about cfi someday or some other company they buy or start and till you walk in 25000 of our shoes i don't think you know how we feel and ididn't say you i said con-way i don't think your the ceo yet

con-man you might you get to say the samething about cfi someday or some other company they buy or start and till you walk in 25000 of our shoes i don't think you know how we feel and ididn't say you i said con-way i don't think your the ceo yet

Some people don't realize that anyone can look at a piece of company equipment and get upset. It's the same for an ex Tews/LaFarge driver here. Now they are all over again too, with a different name, and without a union of course. I hope the best for anyone who has endured a closing. Some people will not understand what it feels like until the gate closes on their nose and the next day, the same $#it truck with a different name on the door and a cheaper driver goes past. Have a good one excfman.

Big Robb

Woulda You Think!!!!

:hide: Con-Way has now put themselve's in a good position to be bought by DHL, by purchasing CFI that's just a guess on my thinkin!!:beerchug: :gathering:

lol if dhl wants con-way they don't need cfi to do it there doing the samething cf did and they a lot old cf people there to help you all need to know there in freight to make money and buying cfi can cut there linehaul cost you bit they don't care to lay you off 32cent a mile is better 48 to 50 in there eyes

now, i wasn't too familiar with the frt. industry back then as I was just a casual with NPME when CF went out of business. however i will never forget that day. my next door neighbor was a driver at CF at the time. anyway, what was Hoffa's response to this article ? seems like he was using "out to business" excuse huh, just like the Red Star fiasco. sorry but this guy will always in my mind be a complete joke.

he know it was going to happen after they pull that 12 percent off the table and said there was light at the end tunnel he know a lot of the young people that didn't have that much time was out the door and they wanted that dues coming in and hope there somemore heath/welfare out there

wow, no post for 1 1/2 yrs. Well we can all read on the conway and conway truckload (cfi) boards that the conway ltl hate the conway truckload, truckload taking their work. they probably still can't see what we saw. now with yrcw we see glenmore running off with more than we agreed to in the contract. what do ya do? we are peons and corporate will do what they do. Union does what?

there very little you can. do just ride it like you did once before and hope and pray there no more phone calls like the one we got on 9/1/02 good luck cfroadwaydriver and all other at yrcw now