Yellow | Lack of warm body "Itus" strikes again

LEHIGH vALLEY

TB Veteran
Credits
Here we go again,
We were suppose to have a new driver start next week and then guess what? BOOM! One of our other drivers get injured. I wish him & his Family well. So we gain nothing until our injured Driver returns.
The point of all this is simple and I'll keep bitch'in about until someone in power somewhere figures it out,
YOUR NOT GONNA GET ANYONE TO WORK FOR YOU AT THE LOW WAGES YOUR PAYING!
We could use 5 more P&D and 5 more casual dock, Not to mention more Road Drivers. But we will never see them at the **** poor wages this Company thinks it can pay because they have a "Contract"
$11.90 an hour for Casual dock & then pay Union Dues on top of it? Saia is starting, STARTING their new casuals at $18 an hour! Guess who has enough dock help? Here's a hint, It's not YRC!
Fedex Frt just gave their drivers over a $1.00 an hour raise, And they did it a month before they had too. They want to do what they can to keep the Drivers they have seeing how all these damn kids wanna do today is park their ass in front of a computer!
What are we getting April 1st? In Central Pa it's a wopping 34 cents an hour! OH JOY! That won't even cover the cost of living!
Those out there with half a brain can see where I'm going with this. Somethings gotta give and soon! The work force is getting older (No disrespect intended) and people are getting tired.
So here's an ideal for Mr's. Hoffa, Welch, And Freight Director Enie Sohel, Have a little sit down and come up with something better than 34 frekin cents for April 1st.
Just thinking out loud. I call em as I see em.
Of course if nobody gives a damn the the doors will close sooner that anyone thinks! And lack of Manpower will be one of the major reasons!
Ok, one of you company men chime in and tell me how wrong I am!

Here we go again,
We were suppose to have a new driver start next week and then guess what? BOOM! One of our other drivers get injured. I wish him & his Family well. So we gain nothing until our injured Driver returns.
The point of all this is simple and I'll keep bitch'in about until someone in power somewhere figures it out,
We could use 5 more P&D and 5 more casual dock, Not to mention more Road Drivers. But we will never see them at the **** poor wages this Company thinks it can pay because they have a "Contract"
$11.90 an hour for Casual dock & then pay Union Dues on top of it? Saia is starting, STARTING their new casuals at $18 an hour! Guess who has enough dock help? Here's a hint, It's not YRC!
Fedex Frt just gave their drivers over a $1.00 an hour raise, And they did it a month before they had too. They want to do what they can to keep the Drivers they have seeing how all these damn kids wanna do today is park their ass in front of a computer!
What are we getting April 1st? In Central Pa it's a wopping 34 cents an hour! OH JOY! That won't even cover the cost of living!
Those out there with half a brain can see where I'm going with this. Somethings gotta give and soon! The work force is getting older (No disrespect intended) and people are getting tired.
So here's an ideal for Mr's. Hoffa, Welch, And Freight Director Enie Sohel, Have a little sit down and come up with something better than 34 frekin cents for April 1st.
Of course if nobody gives a damn the the doors will close sooner that anyone thinks! And lack of Manpower will be one of the major reasons!

Didn't have your Snickers today?

@104 A year ago when the union and company came up with higher wages for dockworkers and no more progression wages it was voted down. 23 men on bid 2 out on sick fmla leaves us with 21 and we miss pick ups daily just not enough bodies to cover all the picks and deliveries and manager says he hasn't been able to hire anyone because he hasn't found the right people he thinks will be successful.

When the right the obituary on yrc it's the missed picks poor wages and lack of leadership that led us to the courthouse.

@104 A year ago when the union and company came up with higher wages for dockworkers and no more progression wages it was voted down. 23 men on bid 2 out on sick fmla leaves us with 21 and we miss pick ups daily just not enough bodies to cover all the picks and deliveries and manager says he hasn't been able to hire anyone because he hasn't found the right people he thinks will be successful.

When the right the obituary on yrc it's the missed picks poor wages and lack of leadership that led us to the courthouse.
Not for nothing but how did the local get the power to vote on a wage increase or to end progression? I thought that could only happen at the national level. And then only if the company requested it and it went through something simerlar to a C.O.O.

The company knows they have a wage problem and I think they would like to make wages much more competitive on the next contract. Problem is they also have a profitability problem. So obviously they will be looking to offset higher wages with other cost saving measures. Question is what are we willing to compromise. And to make things even more complicated the teamsters will mainly be interested in increasing pension payments since our union reps draw multiple pensions out of our funds so they don’t care if we make minimum wage as long as they get their pension payments. Add to that the banks will have their agenda represented too. 2019 will have 4 different agendas at the table. Fun times. Get your strike reserves full.

Cant hire when we are the lowest paid LTL Driver's in industry and just remember the sheep drank the Kool Aid and kept voting yes , so STOP drinking the B.S. company Kool Aid lies about yrcw losing money and shutting down , they will never ever shut down period ! We are a Bottom feeder company now when it comes to hiring !!
Kool-Aid.jpg

Last edited:
Cant hire when we are the lowest paid LTL Driver's in industry and just remember the sheep drank the Kool Aid and kept voting yes , so STOP drinking the B.S. company Kool Aid lies about yrcw losing money and shutting down , they will never ever shut down period ! We are a Bottom feeder company now when it comes to hiring !!
Kool-Aid.jpg
Wong.
Your giving koolade a bad reputation.
My grandkids love it.
:bouncy:
And that's what they look like with sugar in it.
We have to use sugarless.
Besides. 15% of the yes voters are gone. Maybe more.
That was what? 9 years ago?
Just say no! :apologetic::apologetic:
(I do agree things are not going to get better)

Any disease with an itis on the end is not good.
I have one. And I looked into it. The itis thing. Lots of diseases with itis on the end of it.
So warm bodyitis could be fatal.

Last edited:
Whoo Hoo. We get 34 cents give or take April 1st? - 15 percent.
True.
What a joke.
We are made to feel like fools. At least that's what I feel. But it's what it is.. My opinion.
Mine only. And my opinion doesn't mean much.

Wong.
Your giving koolade a bad reputation.
My grandkids love it.
:bouncy:
And that's what they look like with sugar in it.
We have to use sugarless.
Besides. 15% of the yes voters are gone. Maybe more.
That was what? 9 years ago?
Just say no! :apologetic::apologetic:
(I do agree things are not going to get better)

Any disease with an itis on the end is not good.
I have one. And I looked into it. The itis thing. Lots of diseases with itis on the end of it.
So warm bodyitis could be fatal.
The correct term is "LACK" of warm body itus!!!!!

Here we go again,

I agree about the starting pay,I agree about the casual pay and I agree our wages are lower than the nons.
I also agree with higheadblues that we have a profitability issue.
I will also say that our health insurance alone is worth at least 4 dollars more than the best the nons have to offer.
The 75 per week pension contributions are more than 99% of what non union companies pay for their 401k match.That needs to be fixed because those contributions are just keeping the pension on life support for those already retired.Time to stop kicking the can down the road with a failed pension model that would bankrupt us with full contributions and give no room for wage increases.
It seems to me that no one considers our insurance into our wages. We have the best blue collar insurance in America.Even the best non union carriers have a 2500 dollar deductible and still pay weekly for their insurance.
My hope is to get more per hour and zero more into the pension until they right the ship with the pension...Yes I think the government should bail it out since they made the Ponzi scheme legal and interfered with our pension when the funds were too flush with cash for them.Remember 25 and out....those were the days.

I agree about the starting pay,I agree about the casual pay and I agree our wages are lower than the nons.
I also agree with higheadblues that we have a profitability issue.
I will also say that our health insurance alone is worth at least 4 dollars more than the best the nons have to offer.
The 75 per week pension contributions are more than 99% of what non union companies pay for their 401k match.That needs to be fixed because those contributions are just keeping the pension on life support for those already retired.Time to stop kicking the can down the road with a failed pension model that would bankrupt us with full contributions and give no room for wage increases.
It seems to me that no one considers our insurance into our wages. We have the best blue collar insurance in America.Even the best non union carriers have a 2500 dollar deductible and still pay weekly for their insurance.
My hope is to get more per hour and zero more into the pension until they right the ship with the pension...Yes I think the government should bail it out since they made the Ponzi scheme legal and interfered with our pension when the funds were too flush with cash for them.Remember 25 and out....those were the days.
Agree with the insurance aspect but then if you consider adding the $4 an hour to the total package then your raising the rate to approx $26 an hour.
What is top rate at the other L.T.L.'s?
Add to their top rate what their company co pays (Or matches) into their employee Health and 401 and there's where you come up with the difference.
As an example I was told by several different fedex frt drivers they are now close to $30 an hour.
Even with a deductible on the health ins there still ahead of us.
There may have been a time where things evened out between Union and non union with wages and benifits but now its getting harder to see.

Agree with the insurance aspect but then if you consider adding the $4 an hour to the total package then your raising the rate to approx $26 an hour.
What is top rate at the other L.T.L.'s?
Add to their top rate what their company co pays (Or matches) into their employee Health and 401 and there's where you come up with the difference.
As an example I was told by several different fedex frt drivers they are now close to $30 an hour.
Even with a deductible on the health ins there still ahead of us.
There may have been a time where things evened out between Union and non union with wages and benifits but now its getting harder to see.

Fedex makes money...lots of it ...we don’t.They also manage overtime.Their workers HAVE to work...OURS don’t.They don’t have to pay 90 million per year in interest.We do.They have a 4.5% match.At $70,000/ year that is 3,150 per year.
Company pension contributions at 75/ week is 3,900 per year.Fedex is the only one paying overtime after 8.They are a great company and I have thought about going there myself,mostly because of the job security.
My buddy that used to work city for Fedex paid $28 per week for insurance and $2500 every year in deductibles.He never made 70 k, in city I did.
Just our insurance alone at $385 per week is over 9 dollars per hour.
We have it a lot better than most give us credit for.

Fedex makes money...lots of it ...we don’t.They also manage overtime.Their workers HAVE to work...OURS don’t.They don’t have to pay 90 million per year in interest.We do.They have a 4.5% match.At $70,000/ year that is 3,150 per year.
Company pension contributions at 75/ week is 3,900 per year.Fedex is the only one paying overtime after 8.They are a great company and I have thought about going there myself,mostly because of the job security.
My buddy that used to work city for Fedex paid $28 per week for insurance and $2500 every year in deductibles.He never made 70 k, in city I did.
Just our insurance alone at $385 per week is over 9 dollars per hour.
We have it a lot better than most give us credit for.
And we have been paying the "Fuzzy" Zollars 90 million a year interest for how long?
Look I'm sorry, But excuse after excuse after Bullshit excuse from management or their lackies is not cutting it anymore.
And buy the way fedex freight makes no more on the gross than any other LTL. All they are is a write off for the rest of the corperation. UPS does the same with UPS freight.
$3900 a year pension contribution from fedex? Is that what you said? So what are we getting? Don't think it's anywhere near that amount.