Central Transport | Lack of work!

Rocketman

TB Lurker
Credits
New hire in LEX been here 4 weeks haven't wrked a full week yet gettin fed up really. bouncing btween road and city not good either. Any body else seeing this at your domicile?

hey rocketman// been at yellow in columbus 13 mos was laid off 1-1 thru6-26/ worked 11 days in july 15days in aug and 3 days in sept/ dont know what to tell ya some barns are running ballsto the walls while we are starving/ i have 14 guys behind me/
and all trucking cos are reporting record revenues somebody smarter than me will have to figure it out
hang n there:USA: :TR10driving03:

Hey Ghost rider thx for the reply good to see a recent post on this board even if it is from a person other that a Vitran employee.
Buddy of mine works for Yellow in Indy actually Layfayette has a gravy run to Cin daily with expedite type freight. He works his 5 days a week and has weekends off and make great money and has not hit top scale yet. I'm gonna hang with this till spring then I'm going to go to UPS, If I'm gonna work part time might as well make decent money doin it I was approved for the spring temp position this year but didnt want to take the chance on not working full time Stupid me. Thx again be safe

Hey Rocketmann, I'm a city man in Me. The TM over at Vitran is my old boss at HMES. Best man I ever worked for. I understand there is trouble at his barn. He had to layoff 10 men and that didn't set well with him. There is other problems facing him I won't mention here. If you have anymore info on this feel free to pm me. If Ups doesn't work out, Give Holland a try. GRIZZ

Grizz
Thx for the reply, Tried Holland in Cinti when Preston closed drove myself and another casual to orientation in company truck went erywhere they sent me as a road driver after working 3 mo in city then after getting on probation as a road driver they worked me 29 days then I got THE call no longer needed my services they hired 1 out of 15. Background was good have passed federal checks prioer and since. Go figure.
Luckily like I say I can wait this thing out for a while to see how it shakes out, if it doesn't turn out to suit me then I have the experience and references to go where I want. A really good place to be in
Take care
Be safe

Vitran bought us PJAX out

Whats the city pay for Vitran employees, anyone know? Thay just bought us out and we dont have any idea whats going to happen.

pay

Hey pjax just got the word this afternoon
Vitran starts @ 15.3 per hr and goes to 20.85 in 4 yrs I think that is the top out
Hope it works out for everybody
Take care
Ron

whats up rocketman im a pjax person also. do you happen to know what they pay road drivers outta curiosity over there ?

Hey gearaker and keck
I'll look into your questions and give the best answers I can I guess from the lack of post from other Vitran drivers I;m the only one that logs on here.
Take Care
Good Luck
I'm in Lex ky btw

thanks rocket man iam out of columbus,been with pjax ten yrs,i guess vitran in columbus is going to coming over to are barn

i did a estes city pedal for a year and met a guy from vitran. he started on the road, then it got slow. they made him goto the city till it picked back up. 8 months later he was still there when i left the city

Vitran Pay Scale

Here is the best info I can provide as to pay scale @Vitran and Benefits Package Cost
LOCAL
15.50 90 days15.61 1 yr 15.92
2yr 16.65 3yr 17.33 4 yr 19.14
Health Care
3 different plans
LOw 25.35per week
Mid 35.35 per week
Best 45.35 per week
I didn't get any Road pay info sorry
Hope this helps
Take Care

rocketmann said:
Here is the best info I can provide as to pay scale @Vitran and Benefits Package Cost
LOCAL
15.50 90 days15.61 1 yr 15.92
2yr 16.65 3yr 17.33 4 yr 19.14
Health Care
3 different plans
LOw 25.35per week
Mid 35.35 per week
Best 45.35 per week
I didn't get any Road pay info sorry
Hope this helps
Take Care

keep working on that road info please:punk:
i have alot of curious people..thanks

Gearaker and others who wanted OTR pay scale @Vitran It is as follows\
.361 90days .363 1 yr .369 2yr.384 3yr .416 4yr .495
Hope this helps
Also when hooking @ home terminal you are paid 2 pins or 9.50 All dock work is paid by the hr
Take Care
Ron

Rocketmann - I worked for Vitran in Minnesota for 4 yrs.I have never been treated worse.I sure wont waste my time with them.Try R&L Carriers they have there problems,But are much better to work for.
Good Luck!

hey crazy one have been with vitran 8 years never worked for a better company ive been treated well.guess you cant make everybody happy all the time so why did you get fired