Central Transport | Lack of work!

Just wondering, this is a bit off the subject, but I heard Vitran opened up operations again in Detroit MI. wondered how things are going over there?

they did reopen detroit has been going ok
but heard their gonna move it due to the merger not sure were but still near detroit

Rocketmann - I worked for Vitran in Minnesota for 4 yrs.I have never been treated worse.I sure wont waste my time with them.Try R&L Carriers they have there problems,But are much better to work for.
Good Luck!

Yeah...I second that motion. I also worked for Vitran here in Minnesota. 9 months is all I could take of that terminal (Moundsview, MN). What a dump. Equipment sucked. Attitudes and morale sucked, hours and wages did too. Worked at FedEx Freight prior to Vitran. That's like taking ten steps back but I had to feed the family, you know
...while my application at Con-Way got processed. Work at Con-Way now...it's not FedEx Freight for working conditions, but it pays just about the best (Top-scale is .54cpm and $22/hr).

As far as you PJAX drivers wondering what the Vitran wages and benefits are. Having been a part of 2 buyouts/mergers with former companies, in both instances we did not get the parent companies wages or benefits. In both cases, the companies continued operating as separate entities as far as wages and benefits went for several years. The companies retained their same wages and benefits, since it is not fair to those employees working for the buying/parent company. Your seniority would not get "feathered in " either. Eventually, they did offer some upgrade of the benefits and wages...none of this will necessarily apply to you guys, but just a heads up.

been at vitran 8 years they treat me well
as far as pay we are a little bellow some of the othercompanys in some areas but above in others i like our equipment we have 06
macks on linehaul run 70mph and pull good
was told by upper managment seniority
will be featherd in and will have new bid when terminals are combined as far as
vitran mergers have gone in the past i was with overland when vitran bought it and
that is the way they did it then also the same way when we bought quast they are still working on computer issues they are having but as soon as they get it worked out we will joining as one:beerchug: :

been with pjax 10 yrs,i get treatded good pays not bad but benefits suck.no direct deposit,2 personal days.takes 10 to get 3 weeks of vacation and thats the most u can get,i hope vitran gives us direct deposit and another week of vacation and ill be tickled pink.

well you only get three weeks here to but its after 8 years and we have direct deposit
you can have deposits made for up to three diffrent accounts you also get 4 personal days :3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

no we only get 3 weeks,and the vacation
pay does suck for linehaul you get 40 hrs
hourly pay which is less than half of your regular pay so vacation kinda hurts:thumbsdown:

well none of its probaly going to change as long as we are working under the pittsburg office.oh well could be worse off i guess...lol

they don't pay pins anymore and it depends on where u live on how much you get pay they pay on tiers 1.2.3.4. 4.is the lows pay that .495 is tier 3. .533 is tier .2 they give the vitran drivers .035 for two tlrs and for one it is .015:butt kiss: