Yellow | laid-off drivers 5 year recall rights

dgfcby

TB Lurker
Credits
question for all drivers on "soft" lay-off. When does the clock start on your 5years? The day you are no longer on the active drivers board(day you were laid-off) or if working on a "soft" lay-off the day of your last punch? Something to check, out I know of a couple drivers that have been on "soft" for almost a year already:hide:

5 year starts from the day your layoff letter says you are laid off.
Or think there's a clause that says if you're not offered work in 3 weeks, you are considered on layoff. Then it would start with that date.

5 year starts from the day your layoff letter says you are laid off.
Or think there's a clause that says if you're not offered work in 3 weeks, you are considered on layoff. Then it would start with that date.

there is no clause in the contract that states you are considered on lay-off. i've went 28 days between work calls and BEGGED for a lay-off letter

It was always my understanding that the 5 year clock reset every time you punched in. Don't know where I got that idea so I could be wrong.

It was always my understanding that the 5 year clock reset every time you punched in. Don't know where I got that idea so I could be wrong.

i don't know either that's why I ask.I bet yrcw has a different understanding of the time frame than we do:hide:

there is no clause in the contract that states you are considered on lay-off. i've went 28 days between work calls and BEGGED for a lay-off letter
No? I cant speak for the new contract cause I haven't seen it. So I'm going by the contract than ran through March 08.
Article 42, Section 4 (page 156):
"When an employee has not been offered work opportunity for a period of three(3) consecutive weeks he/she shall be considered as laid off."
Is this not in the new contract?
And yes if you work, your 5 years start over.

I ask my local and it starts over from your last clock punch. I have wondered about this also

Let's say 10 guys are layed off and only the junior man takes a soft layoff. The 9 other guys are not worked in 5 years. Does this mean the 9 senior guys no longer have a job after the five years and the junior man does?

Man thats a good question, one I never thought of. Right now I'm thinking thats the way it would be. Sure would'nt be right in my mind tho.

I'll know for sure by then

Man thats a good question, one I never thought of. Right now I'm thinking thats the way it would be. Sure would'nt be right in my mind tho.
Yes, it is a good question, Wolf. I will look into it.

HEY, DGFCBY, Check this thread in November 2012,..I'll have the answer! :smilie_132: