Central Transport | Laid off Vitran/Central Driver

FedEx Freight is looking for City drivers in my area. PM me for more info if you are interested. We are looking to hire fifteen.

Detroit TM told one of our former Vitran drivers they will not be laying off drivers. He said, they need 75 & they have 76, not worried about the extra one.

By the looks of it, they will have to put the "HELP WANTED - DRIVERS" out front next week. 2 more leaving soon.:LMAO: :clapping:

c.t. should always leave their application ads in the paper because it's a non-stop revolving door, similar to visiting a restroom when at an event.

Vitran Louisville lost one more this week, another is road testing with FedEx tomorrow...he'll be gone soon.

So anyone left still think the CT - Vitran merger was a success?

Vitran Louisville lost one more this week, another is road testing with FedEx tomorrow...he'll be gone soon.

So anyone left still think the CT - Vitran merger was a success?

It was a total success for Maroon, he got the GM he wanted and eliminated a competitor at the same time, for everyone else including the customers it is a horrible failure.

It was a total success for Maroon, he got the GM he wanted and eliminated a competitor at the same time, for everyone else including the customers it is a horrible failure.

A long time office clerk that works @ CT & has met Matty on several occasions told me that we are at this terminal so that one day he can sell it to the government for the new international bridge to Canada. He will make a bundle on selling it.

A long time office clerk that works @ CT & has met Matty on several occasions told me that we are at this terminal so that one day he can sell it to the government for the new international bridge to Canada. He will make a bundle on selling it.

I have heard that, that the only reason he bought that barn was to stop the new bridge, guess he's never heard of eminate domain.

A Vitran/Central city driver, with 25 yrs. with Pjax/Vitran/Central and a spotless driving record and only missed maybe 1 day a year due to illness, was laid off yesterday from the Dunbar, WV terminal. He had the most senority of ALL the drivers there and made $21.55 an hour. They skipped 10 drivers to get to him. The layoff came in an email from Michigan, not the terminal manager. 2 other drivers were laid off too.

That’s sad but expected from a company like CT. CT is a wooden axle outfit and always has been. I worked for Yellow for 23 years in sales and management in the southeast. Most of my customers refused to use them even when they were told to by their corporate office. Customers have no respect for them. I have some friends who left FedEx for Vitran. It’s been a career disaster for most.

I was still running city when CT bought Vitran. I couldn't believe the amount of extra freight I started getting from customers. They all refused to use Central and gave it to all the other LTL's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

A Vitran/Central city driver, with 25 yrs. with Pjax/Vitran/Central and a spotless driving record and only missed maybe 1 day a year due to illness, was laid off yesterday from the Dunbar, WV terminal. He had the most senority of ALL the drivers there and made $21.55 an hour. They skipped 10 drivers to get to him. The layoff came in an email from Michigan, not the terminal manager. 2 other drivers were laid off too.

That’s sad but expected from a company like CT. CT is a wooden axle outfit and always has been. I worked for Yellow for 23 years in sales and management in the southeast. Most of my customers refused to use them even when they were told to by their corporate office. Customers have no respect for them. I have some friends who left FedEx for Vitran. It’s been a career disaster for most.
Yep....Ask Chris Keylon and I think he would agree.

They merged the Vitran terminal in the much smaller Central terminal the week before Thanksgiving. In the firing process so far, Vitran employess - 3 line haul drivers quit, 3 office people were laid off when they merged. Since the end of November, they fired 1 Vitran line haul driver, laid off 5 Vitran city drivers in the first round, then 3 Vitran office people in the second round, then 3 more city drivers - 2 Vitran and 1 Central, in the third round. Out of 24 Vitran people, only 6 city drivers and 1 office person and 1 line haul driver are left. As for Central people, they laid off 1 driver.

They lost almost every Vitran account in this area due to customers finding out that Central bought Vitran out, they refused to let Central haul their freight and gave it to other trucking companies. The dispatcher for this terminal is in Michigan and probably has never been to this area, which creates the most havoc. When you need to get a hold of someone the company for hot issues the driver and the manager have to call and leave a message or send an email, which may not be answered for hours which creates utter chaos and puts everything on hold. They give very little authority to the terminal manager or the other 2 office people, regarding ,most issues.

Hate to be this way but was a blessing. He has alot experience in three yrs will be making more at any other ltl company that he decides to go work for.. Wish him and all you guys luck. But there are some good ltl companies out there, Good Luck

Left fedex for Vitran! What they get fired?:confused: :duh: :chairshot: