Lakeville Motor Express (LME) shuts doors, won't pay Teamsters

Discussion in 'Holland' started by henry j, Dec 13, 2016.

1. 15%Forever

15%Forever Member

Yep, very shady. Worst part is it sounds like they didn't get paid for work already done. Bad enough to lose your job, but to not get paid for work already done, shameful.

henry j likes this.
  2. henry j

henry j Banned

Here's the real story as told by a former Lakeville driver. His explanation is far better than anything I can say. Go to post dated Nov 21 for the full dirty story.
    https://www.pissedconsumer.com/lakeville-motor-express/RT-F.html

3. henry j

henry j Banned

I looked at the UNIONFACTS.COM web site under Local 120 contracts.. It says in 2008 Lakeville signed a contract with Teamsters Local 120 and had 140 Teamster members at that time. (They were under the new owners at that time)
    Since then the new owners formed the non-union Finish Line Express (FLE) and also formed a separate corporate entity named Logistics Made Easy (LME). Since 2008 they have siphoned off business from Lakeville to their non-union company (FLE) causing a loss of customers at Lakeville (that went to FLE). Due to the intentional loss of customers at Lakeville, they slowly trimmed their Teamster member numbers from the 140 listed in 2008 to under 100 (95) at the time they shut the doors with no notice on Nov 19, 2016 to avoid being under the WARN Act requiring a 60 day notice to Lakeville union employees.
    A very dirty, intentional move especially since they refuse to pay what is owed and the closing came just before the holidays.
    If you care to read the dirty details of these sleazy owner tactics, go to the "pissedconsumer" web site listed in previous posts. Especially read ALL OF posting dated Nov 21 from a 16 year former Lakeville driver.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    buffalobill and sedain like this.
  4. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

This is what happens when the union caves in an attempt to just keep current membership. Grow or die. They used to be teamsters at other barns too. Give concessions, let them use non union help, this is what happens.

Northern Flash, henry j and wongway like this.
  5. Puff Driver

Puff Driver Active Member

very smart no wonder unions are finished...
    Jackasses like you..... You prove the goons are still around...
    You deserve what you are getting....

6. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer Speedy Freightshaker #411

Isn't this pretty much what Schneider did? They created Schneider National Carriers Inc. as a parent company and placed the unionized Schneider Transport under it as a division. Schneider Transport was then forbidden from taking on new hires unless they were directly related to an existing Teamster employee. All new hires went to the non-union SNC instead.

It's my understanding that Schneider Transport was shuttered in 2009 with some 11 remaining employees, which the Local tried to claim as a violation of contract (the unit was only supposed to be closed when there were no Teamsters left) but Hoffa offered no support.

henry j likes this.
  7. henry j

henry j Banned

Thanks for your input.......Mr non-union scab. If it weren't for people like me and all the others in the past that were and are willing to stand up to dishonest and corrupt business owners just out to screw their employees out of their earned pay, you wouldn't be getting anywhere near whatever you are getting as far as pay and benefits (if you are even getting any). You have to kiss your bosses behind every day and just say "yes sir" and "no sir" for fear of losing your job. Scabs like you deserve far more than just a nail in a car tire.

Skypilot and Skinnytrucker like this.
  8. henry j

henry j Banned

I'm not familiar with the details of that one, but it sounds similar. These wealthy company owners (both non-union and presently union) get together and compare notes on how to best defeat union representation. They know the Teamsters are now on their heels, with constantly declining membership, the pension fund on-the-rocks and Hoffa only concerned about himself. The Teamster Freight Division is now weaker than they have ever been. Members are divided and discouraged. The company executives that either want out of the union or want to keep their company from becoming unionized know it. There is no leverage or union support anymore. The last General Election at the IBT proved that. The first time members were allowed to vote by secret individual ballot was in 1991. Turnout at that one was 32% of the voting membership. Every election ever since has been a lower turnout (on a free mail-in paper ballot). The most recent was by far the worst, with only 16.5% of eligible voters even returning a ballot (214,000 out of 1,300,000 active members voted). Pathetic numbers, but that shows how much confidence members have in their leadership (Hoffa and Hall). The anti-union people are loving it. Hoffa and Hall are doing nothing, now that the election is over, except working with their lawyers and corrupt politicians on a plan to keep themselves out of prison. In the meantime Hoffa, Hall, Thomas Nyhan and all their appointed cronies keep lining their pockets with Millions in Teamster member money. None of those people have cut their own pay by even a dime.

9. henry j

henry j Banned

Yes, Mr non-union scab, goons ARE still around......and when some of them figure out who and where you are, you may see them in your rear view mirror. So keep talking. It will make it easier for them to find you.

10. buffalobill

I've seen them around since then, you can tell an st truck, it has the big squared off s on the side. I've seen them somewhat regularly on the i90 in western ny.

11. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

He's not worth it ignore and he shall move on.

12. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer Speedy Freightshaker #411

Maybe the Local got the decision reversed? I've never seen an ST truck that I'm aware of. I've heard about the squared off S but nobody has ever shown me one.

I had heard that they are all based out of Green Bay though.

13. buffalobill

I think they got nailed by the pension fund liability, iirc they actually hired a new guy in the last few years because they have to keep so much money going into the fund or face crazy penalties.

Canadian Flyer likes this.
  14. henry j

henry j Banned

I don't consider his comments anything more than hot air coming from a punk that doesn't know any better. I've dealt with idiots all my life - this is just one more on the list. Let him keep talking. Sooner or later he will be dumb enough to reveal his identity and location and the company he works for (if he works at all). Then the "goons" that he is afraid of will "take care of business" and educate him. Perhaps he never has even worked in the trucking industry. He may be just a teenage punk on Mommy's computer. There's an old saying "Give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves" , so, come on Mr, non-union scab, keep you drivel coming, show your ignorance.

Skypilot and troubleman84 like this.
  15. Puff Driver

Is that a threat???
    Or are you a keyboard warrior???

freightman68 likes this.
  16. Puff Driver

as info I make more $$ by April than you make in 18 months..
    But you have the joy of paying your dues....
    Uneducated moron...
    Keep making threats.....

freightman68 likes this.
  17. henry j

henry j Banned

No, Mr non-Union scab.....Just stating the facts. I would just HATE to see you get roughed up or worse.
    Consider it a warning. Watch your back, watch your mirrors, be aware of your surroundings,
    And above all DO NOT TELL ANYBODY YOUR LOCATION, WHERE YOU LIVE OR WHO YOU WORK FOR, Mr non-Union scab. Your health is my only concern.

18. henry j

henry j Banned

I'm not worried about $50 a month, why should you be?
    Your boss can fire you at the drop of a hat with no recourse for you but to go out the door with your tail between your legs.
    So keep sucking up to the "boss man" and just keep saying "Yes sir" "No sir" and you might be able to keep your job.

Skinnytrucker likes this.
  19. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

20. Puff Driver

are you threatening me??
    I know you goons are only tough in large groups.. Thus you must be in a crowd.
    Must be easy to be a tough guy when the gang is with you.
    Otherwise you are just another sheep........
    Life must suck for you.......

freightman68 likes this.