ABF | Lancaster PA ABF?

I see there hiring for Lancaster PA City driver? Is that a smaller term or what? Any Info appreciated
Small it is but that's the best I can do for you. I don't think that we have anyone from that area on here other than a road man or two out of Carlisle if they have anything on it.

Has about 20 doors and 12 drivers right now. Reading's hiring also, they have 22 doors and 11 drivers. 2 maybe 3 ritiring within the next 2yrs

Spoke with them today. Only part time positions avail. Thx for info.
Ask him how long it will be before you get full time hours. I know at my barn we would work tons of overtime before hiring someone to make sure he would work. I don't understand where this company thinks that people are lining up for these jobs anymore & it's not just ABF its all company's. Good freight drivers are a dying breed & hard to find anymore, the last two people we hired wouldn't even make it to a interview years ago....

Ask him how long it will be before you get full time hours. I know at my barn we would work tons of overtime before hiring someone to make sure he would work. I don't understand where this company thinks that people are lining up for these jobs anymore & it's not just ABF its all company's. Good freight drivers are a dying breed & hard to find anymore, the last two people we hired wouldn't even make it to a interview years ago....
Same at our barn too, GO. TONS of OT, yet hiring a driver takes the proverbial act of Congress. We didn't slow down much over the winter either.

Our problem is A drop & hook that takes 1 1/2 now takes 3 hours.... With the pda & electronic logs big bro knows where your at every minute of the day, you can only warn someone so many times then your on your own....
I did a drop and hook last night along with another guy, I had showed him a few things Now that was a single trailer drop and hook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aston 185 should also be hiring very soon. Had 3 retire over the winter and not replaced yet. Helped keep everyone working but now its getting to crunch time. Philly airport, Coatsville, Aberdeen, Dover, Ocean City,Md. are our major territory points. Carlisle and New Haven utility

Couple Supervisors are now there from Lan
I see there hiring for Lancaster PA City driver? Is that a smaller term or what? Any Info appreciated

A couple of Supervisors went there from YRC Lancaster LCP-116. They were the more likable ones. Good luck