land air express going out of business?

Michigan Bill

Good luck!
Credits
i heard a reliable source say today that 2 linehaul tractors from buffalo, tractors 375 and 393, are being held at shops where the company has not paid repair bills, as of the morning of 4-15 at 8 am, and the company can't pay the bills and are instead renting tractors because it is cheaper.

Now, between this, the fuel running out in Boston twice, the fuel for tow motors running out in buffalo in the last month, the shoddy condition of their equipment, along with rumors of another pay cut, is anyone else thinking that land air could be on the verge of going under?

there are so many signs pointing to that direction, such as payroll problems, fuel tanks not getting filled , tow companies not wanting to do work cause land air hasnt paid them unless its a credit card,pay cuts, health insurance cuts, hours being cut , not spending money to fix trucks and the list goes on , I would be surprised if the company makes it till july.

It is very hard to believe anything you read on the internet to begin with but when the profile page says, Contact the administrator if your birth date has changed, well, that kind of speaks for the validity of what is read here.

It is very hard to believe anything you read on the internet to begin with but when the profile page says, Contact the administrator if your birth date has changed, well, that kind of speaks for the validity of what is read here.

Siren ***Siren***Siren*** Management Alert ***Siren***Siren*** LOL

What was written here is the truth. This company is going down the tubes. Attitude is at an all time low. People are interviewing daily and many great people will soon be gone. Sad to say but this once good company has become nothing but a bottom feeder hanging on by a thread.

Starting pay 17.10 per hour. Health Insurance! LOL LOL LOL LOL................ Management wanting more and more and more. Not paying vendors. Not maintaining equiptment. Running out of fuel.

Safety bonus from last Year still not paid. No raises. This place is falling apart fast. Enough said.

What was written here is the truth. This company is going down the tubes. Attitude is at an all time low. People are interviewing daily and many great people will soon be gone. Sad to say but this once good company has become nothing but a bottom feeder hanging on by a thread.

Starting pay 17.10 per hour. Health Insurance! LOL LOL LOL LOL................ Management wanting more and more and more. Not paying vendors. Not maintaining equiptment. Running out of fuel.

Safety bonus from last Year still not paid. No raises. This place is falling apart fast. Enough said.

That ol boy acted like he didn't like me too much didn't he?

I hope it isn't true. I'm sick of seeing trucking companies go under and the devastation it causes families. After 40 yrs. in the industry, currently retired from Roadway, I'm just sick of seeing it. Good luck to you all.

yeah, you got that right!

this company might have paid good, but it was never good. the spencers only paid as much as they had to to keep the workers happy and the teamsters out, since they are in the northeast. Since the economy tanked and YRC took cuts, it opened the door for all the non union companies to show their true colors and follow suit. LAX is no different. Want a good company? get a contract.
you should go into detail about the LACK of health insurance, people might not understand just how BAD it really is there for health insurance, or how ILLEGAL a lot of the equipment is.
totally agree.

Its such a shame to see the cost of fuel dictate pretty much everything to do with our whole country's well being. Land Air is just another one in a line of companies struggling to make it in these times of overpriced fuel. The last time I seen this spike I was at the tail end of Jevic Transportations demise....At $4.25 a gallon who can afford this? Land Air certainly doesnt overpay their help and should make it thru....all the terminals should vote in the Union tho...dont give them a chance to screw with Buffalo to possibly close it and open it say down in jamestown just to bust the union...think about it.

buffalobill do you still work for LAXNE ? you as an employee should know that the owners of land air express have an open door policy and will answer any concerns or issues that you may have ,As far as parts and equiptment issues you also have the ability to get those same issues answered .and to haryhood , i have worked for this company for many years , these are very hard times as we all know , adjustments are part of the game ,belt tightening ect every company in America has had to do this , atleast we are working , the owners of this company are good hard working peaple no matter what they do their balls will be busted by some one ,

open door policy? like over the conference call, when they told us that if we didn't like the health insurance that we were free to quit? very good policy there.

equipment issues are the same, there is always an excuse, its never fixed.

adjustments CAN be acceptable, however, when you shove them upon your employee's, with NO notice, and then you tell them if they don't like it than they can quit, what would you expect? Don't you think that people might have been more understanding if management came to the employee's, told them of a DOWNGRADE in coverage a minimum of a month in advance, and to possibly "make adjustments"? I could have been on my wife's health insurance if they would have done that, but the enrollment season had closed 2 weeks before this happened.

Keep being their cheerleader, as they are trying to **** down everyone's leg and say its raining.

I hear you. new TM in Burlington. came from NEMF- should fit right in with chaos at both companies. Anybody from Burlington give us a scoop on whats doing there????

All the crap that is being said is totally true, I hope Buffalo can get something out of LAX. The fools in Boston just can't get their stuff together. LAX has gone to the dogs, total harassment is at an alltime high. They want to get rid of anyone that has been here awhile. Bill Spencer has really changed his strips, he will tell you drivers are a dime a dozen. Yes the equipment is in sad shape, it takes an act of congress to get anything fixed, even a light bulb, air leaks are unbelievable, they won't repair the a/c's the drivers don't need it. Most of the single axle tractors are registered for a gross of 54,999, legally we can't carry much over 27,000# but they load them anyway. Someone is going to get hurt and LAX will put the blame on the driver, you know the drill, they didn't tell you to take it. I could say more but the list is to long, the open door policy is gone, they don't even want you to speak to them just drive the junk. And don't even mention Health insurance, Family plan $10500 deductable, $3500 for a single, and the plan don't pay much, they say, gon't get sick. It just goes on and on, TM's are told to right them up for anything, even if you fart wrong, right em up. Boston is the worst right now, come on guys call local 653 you have nothing to lose.
Thanks for letting me rant, but as far as I'm concerned it's true

yep, you DON'T have anything to lose, time to stand up against this stupid crap! Bill Spencer is just pissed off because he can't pull any stupid lies anymore, he knows he is under the microscope!

Sign some cards over in Boston, get on board!