Land Air Express

Discussion in 'Land Air Express Of New England' started by IceLady50, May 21, 2009.

1. IceLady50

IceLady50 New Member

Things have picked up substantially for Land Air!!! On the upswing in a big way! Hiring people back, will get the $$ back from the paycut soon --- woohooo!!!:thumbsup:

2. freightgod54

freightgod54 Member

hiring

hiring in WBG- how do you know about the 10%????

3. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

everybody knows about the 10 %, truck drivers talk, just like you here about Ward, YRC, Vitran and so on.
    Nothing is a secret in this industry !!
    :shift:

4. haryhood

haryhood Member

You Dreaming if you think we'll be getting the 10% any time soon.
    I would say maybe by next July if at all.
    lets hope i'm wrong

5. The Haymaker

The Haymaker New Member

While some terminals are busy, others are not. I and others have been working to help 07 deal with the overflow, yet 05 is not quite normal. While LAXNE is back to making money, I'd think there is a hole to fill before the mound begins to build. BUT, I still believe LAXNE is a strong, viable, entity that will keep those of us who are in it for the long run employed for quite some time.

Equipment is beginning to be repaired, that's a great sign. Plus, if things weren't looking up, they wouldn't be spending the $$$ to put us at 07 to move the freight.

As for the 10%, you guys didn't listen at the meetings. We were told we'd see 5% when everything was back in the black and stable, we were never told we'd see the 10.

"Drivers talk"..... and talk..... and talk....... Rule #1 to anyone who has been around a bit.... Never listen to linehaul! :-) Sorry guys, no insult meant, but you can't say it aint so!

6. nhirish

nhirish New Member

i think for now we may have to wait and see if things stay busy

7. fr8guru

fr8guru New Member

We got SLAMMED last night system wide. Apparently we smashed a volume record.

8. freightgod54

freightgod54 Member

linehaul

did linehaul move all the loads??? I know thats an issue whenever it gets busy, no power.

9. fr8guru

fr8guru New Member

From what I am told, everything moved. Guys got out a little late this morning but so far it has been pretty smooth. Nice to see the trucks packed full again.

10. scurvy dude

scurvy dude New Member

with your rates you will never make money-I cant believe you have as many posts as you do as most of your employees cant figure out how to turn a computer on.
    you guys are gone-as soon as the next insurance payment comes due...worried about getting the 5 or 10 perc back-stop wh oring your rates. its hilarious you say they are now fixing your trucks are you fre king kidding me-thats part of trucking keeping the tools viable to conduct the business you are in-you are bottom feeders where other compays rejects go. I know some of them...

11. Hame

Hame New Member

We were told we would see the 10% back when things were good, nothing about 5%. I don't think it will be this year. I think they need to wait and see how the rest of the year plays out and the first two quarters of next year. I think the economy is still to unstable to really know the the next year or two will bring.

12. trucker999

trucker999 Member

It was the end of the month.

13. The Haymaker

The Haymaker New Member

Yes it was, but the end of the month happens 12 times a year every year, and we still broke records.

14. IceLady50

IceLady50 New Member

Things are still going good here! Bill count is up yet again (anxious to see what tomorrows numbers will be) !! wooohooo!!

15. Hame

Hame New Member

It looks like we hired a dock worker and a driver. Good news!!

16. Cntstop

Cntstop New Member

If we see anything back we'll be lucky, there was nothing in writing about the pay cut. We never had a meeting about it, just that we were under a 10% reduction in pay. Would be nice to get something back, but do not hold your breath waiting for it. I don't believe we will really get back what we lost.

17. IceLady50

IceLady50 New Member

Don't be so negative :)

18. IceLady50

IceLady50 New Member

Yea.. we did Hame .. always a good thing!

19. The Haymaker

The Haymaker New Member

You're not asking a driver to be "positive" are you? :-)

20. IceLady50

IceLady50 New Member

Of course I am... Because you all really are when you think about it - you're still here aren't you?? :)