Land Air's Pittsfield, Me terminal votes to join Teamsters!!

Discussion in 'Land Air Express Of New England' started by 2coolio, Oct 25, 2018.

1. 2coolio

2coolio New Member

A couple weeks ago they voted to join the Teamsters after being screwed over for years. The vote is being contested right now by Bill and is under the federal review but I believe the yes voters will win! It should be decided in a couple weeks or less. This is great news and hopefully it spreads to the other terminals. Its high time to correct all the wrongs that have been committed over the years!

sabresfan likes this.
  2. x2973

x2973 New Member

It was a needed vote we have had enough of crooked Bill. We have nothing to lose only gain, we should have done this long ago. Hopefully we set a new bar for other terminals and they all follow suit.

3. tread

tread Active Member

Union collects dues, then company closes.
    Dues money wasted for nothing.

Another LME in the works?

4. x2973

x2973 New Member

Yes unions collect dues 2 1/2 times your hourly wage .you have half knowledge we're do dues go? Why are there dues explain your negative info. Company closes ,who closes the company,and why lets here this one I can not wait

5. tread

tread Active Member

Union or not, nobody guarantees works.
    Just look at Carrier Indianapolis plant.
    Hundreds of union workers laid off, work going to Mexico for $3 hr wages.
    Trump and union cant do sh1t.
    No refund of dues.

LME closed, union drivers still owed pay.

6. x2973

x2973 New Member

Agreed no guarantee from either side,but an eye opener for sure.lost wages like our overtime that's our fair wages that we as a whole our fighting for,not pay increases, fair pay,how about benefits the ones we pay for and do not receive,but we receive the hospital,or Dr bills. union would have never even come to play, but when your pay, benefits,401k is lost,missing, or stolen something needs to be done every company has there issues not all our the same.to each of there own we want a voice and fairness,not looking to get rich or close our doors if they close it's to hide the in depth secrets of the fraud. Enough is enough

tread likes this.
  7. xeastend

xeastend Well-Known Member

I am an outsider. If the place is that bad, cut your losses and move on

buffalobill and tread like this.
  8. tread

tread Active Member

I think a lawyer and class action is needed. Should be faster and more effective than waiting for union.
    Even state DOL could help.

9. Puff Driver

Puff Driver Active Member

Good advice

I’d let them enjoy the cheap labor