XPO | Laredo, TX Filed for Union Recognition

Joe Nuno

Teamster member 848
Credits
Laredo, TX is more than just another terminal for Conway. It's one of the busiest and most profitable in the system. They move up to 1,200 shipments per day and generate 6% of profit for the company. So how can a company that makes so much money and has their employees produce at record rates not be sharing the wealth with the people that make it happen? Every year, we are producing more and getting less compensation. They may make it appear that we get raises, but whatever they do give us, they take away from somewhere else. In the last quarter Conway made over $40 million in profits. Yet, they can't provide cheaper medical benefits for us, they can't provide a pension, they can't even provide full-time jobs anymore. We get treated as if we were working in a third-world country. Laredo is the front line of the union movement at Conway! This past friday they sent a petition to the NLRB to gain union recognition. That same day the drivers out of Laredo that ran to San Antonio FAC were segregated from the other drivers. They are trying to contain the movement, they don't want Laredo drivers to inform employees from other terminals. It's okay, they will get informed and once business is taken care of at Laredo, the other terminals will be clamoring to have a union just like Laredo!

changeconway2win.blogspot.com/2014/08/laredo-tx-filed-for-union-recognition.html?m=1

Laredo, TX is more than just another terminal for Conway. It's one of the busiest and most profitable in the system. They move up to 1,200 shipments per day and generate 6% of profit for the company. So how can a company that makes so much money and has their employees produce at record rates not be sharing the wealth with the people that make it happen? Every year, we are producing more and getting less compensation. They may make it appear that we get raises, but whatever they do give us, they take away from somewhere else. In the last quarter Conway made over $40 million in profits. Yet, they can't provide cheaper medical benefits for us, they can't provide a pension, they can't even provide full-time jobs anymore. We get treated as if we were working in a third-world country. Laredo is the front line of the union movement at Conway! This past friday they sent a petition to the NLRB to gain union recognition. That same day the drivers out of Laredo that ran to San Antonio FAC were segregated from the other drivers. They are trying to contain the movement, they don't want Laredo drivers to inform employees from other terminals. It's okay, they will get informed and once business is taken care of at Laredo, the other terminals will be clamoring to have a union just like Laredo!

changeconway2win.blogspot.com/2014/08/laredo-tx-filed-for-union-recognition.html?m=1

Nobody cares..get a life. I feel sorry for you. Go ahead post what you want. nobody cares. Why don't you go to OD site. they seem to not get as much as we do. Why not go there? This is so entertaining.

Nobody cares..get a life. I feel sorry for you. Go ahead post what you want. nobody cares. Why don't you go to OD site. they seem to not get as much as we do. Why not go there? This is so entertaining.
Maybe you don't care, but for others, it's great news!
And don't buddy, I don't need pity from you...But you seem to be disgruntled that the movement is coming for change!

Awkward response.

A little to close to you ?

And don't buddy, I don't need pity from you...But you seem to be disgruntled that the movement is coming for change!

I truly wish the FedEx guys the best of luck.

But I disagree on any attempt to organize the con - dash - way.

Those that forget history get the pleasure of reliving it.

Not a jab, but the only history I remember involves vacation, pension, 401k, etc.

Yeah. I know. They took a bunch when they could. And now they are giving stuff back. Pretty much because they have to. You don't think it's cause they wanna be nice ?

Just remembering what happened to CF.

CF was intentional. That plan was started before the Conways were. I really ain't seen anything come back except the 5% we lost several years back and we are still all those years behind when we went without raises.

Nothing is coming ..only your lies..I'll find out tonight and post what LLA is thinking. I assure you its not what your saying.

Nothing is coming ..only your lies..I'll find out tonight and post what LLA is thinking. I assure you its not what your saying.

Not if they're segregated from the rest of you down at LSX... LOL Why do you insist on bashing OD now? I bash Con-way based on experience. I endured them for 3 years, I think I've earned the right to speak on which I have personal experience. You've never worked at OD.

Not if they're segregated from the rest of you down at LSX... LOL Why do you insist on bashing OD now? I bash Con-way based on experience. I endured them for 3 years, I think I've earned the right to speak on which I have personal experience. You've never worked at OD.

Drivers talk. You know that. They can't stop it from happening. Phone, CB, in the yard or at the urinal.

He bashes OD because he is jealous. They are a better company financially. And the treat their employees very well. And pay them better than what we make in a lot of markets.

I look forward to hearing more. I am willing to suspend disbelief for sake of conversation.

But I don't believe anything on the internet. And we will see if this comes out to be a hoax or not.

If they are trying to scare the company. It ain't gonna work. They have already proven that the only way to increase your compensation is to drive elsewhere.

I look forward to hearing more. I am willing to suspend disbelief for sake of conversation.

But I don't believe anything on the internet. And we will see if this comes out to be a hoax or not.

If they are trying to scare the company. It ain't gonna work. They have already proven that the only way to increase your compensation is to drive elsewhere.
That's correct.....everything that's been taken without ANY backlash at all. The company knows they can do whatever they want.

You're a crackup for a manager, you dictate and want nobody to believe the facts, typical corporate manager!

Because he has a cake run that pays him 2700+ miles a week and works virtually no dock time. He thinks this is how the rest of the company functions and can't understand why anyone wouldn't love Con-Way. Meanwhile, there's guys at my barn running to a reship that's barely an hour away and working 40+ hours on the dock, getting treated like garbage by management and supervisors all night long.

Hell if I could get a run that was 4-5 hours away every night and not work the dock, I'd love this place too...

Because he has a cake run that pays him 2700+ miles a week and works virtually no dock time. He thinks this is how the rest of the company functions and can't understand why anyone wouldn't love Con-Way. Meanwhile, there's guys at my barn running to a reship that's barely an hour away and working 40+ hours on the dock, getting treated like garbage by management and supervisors all night long.

Hell if I could get a run that was 4-5 hours away every night and not work the dock, I'd love this place too...
We have guys on runs over 500 miles working the dock and getting treated like garbage.

The one thing that would scare me about unionization of Conway is the fact that Conway is not the cash cow. Menlo is. Conway probably clears enough to pay the taxes on the millions that menlo brings in. Look at the numbers. Its all posted. I have no doubt they would close the doors and sell Conway assets to shed any union.