XPO | Laredo, TX Filed for Union Recognition

You are not getting anything now, What have you got to loose?? ,If you have been there to get that small transition contribution , that's all that you get!!! No I repeat no match for your contributions. At our barn they lost 3 ,old timers witch includes me in 6 mounths.50 years of experience combined. They could care less.Not even a exit survey

Must've been the amount of force. Mine doesn't work like that..so idk. conway went about this the wrong way...
Seems like every truck is different. My old Sterling could have driven through a wall without setting the camera off. The one I drive now would get set off by a gust of wind.
Oh no, I totally agree, it was the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people. But, if they'd stayed, they would've seen it's not really a big deal at all. I'm just saying it's not enough to make me quit.
It wasn't for me either until I started getting dinged for ridiculous little things. The attitude of the management and lean BS was what originally pissed me off. Now all the micromanagement and camera BS is just one more push. The piddly raise we got was another push. I stayed because I hit top pay and wasn't one of the rest who got screwed out of their top pay. I'm on the fence now though... seriously pondering whether or not this is worth it. I've seen how much the company has changed in the last 3-4 years. Not sure if I want to stick around and see what the next few years look like...

The cameras are saving them from liability and have already saved two people from being charged with accidents at our place. I think that conway has learned that we are not doing anything wrong, it's mostly the general public that is in the wrong. It is keeping them from being sued and they are saving money in that regard... and yes, i know they are saying things like 'look, your following too close and stuff' and that rubs some people the wrong way, but the cameras are here to stay.
..but, all that other stuff you just said, yeah, most of it is ridiculous. dropped trailers, forklifts, etc. etc.
Stop apologizing for the company. They can still have a dash camera and I agree that it has saved the company money in law suits, I don't think drivers have a problem with that as they do with being spied on. And one more thing, if the cameras are here to stay as you say, then so will be the Teamsters. You should pick your battles wisely.

Oh no, I totally agree, it was the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people. But, if they'd stayed, they would've seen it's not really a big deal at all. I'm just saying it's not enough to make me quit.

Divide and conquer = separate and manage.

A lot of the negative things are happening at the ends - to drivers just starting or near retirement. Pay attention to the "nail in the coffin" that hurts the other drivers.

Even with the big raise you received at your terminal , was there a limit placed on the drivers that haven't topped out?

Do you care?

Be honest.

I was pissed that drivers that I've worked with side by side were denied full pay based on what?

The writing was on the wall : we will loose MORE good drivers with these policies.

Y should every truck have a camera beeer FD what is the big benefit .oh to save the company I see it doesn't help the driver at all just stresses him out. Anyone besides u like the cameras

I got bored with this thread at page 8.
Nuno and his "brothers" want nothing other than a portion of your paycheck to support their operation.
They give "0" **** about your pay, benefits, working conditions, etc...
They want your money to keep up the scheme they have going with the dwindling number of drivers that are trapped in the union.

Trapped? U can always move on if u want right everyone has a breaking point right Conway knows they have senior drivers trapped

I wasn't trapped, We lost all when the pension went away. We knew them that Rule of 85 meant nothing. Common sense .No early retirement for me. Had nothing to lose by changing jobs. At least I am not making the elites money now.

I wasn't trapped, We lost all when the pension went away. We knew them that Rule of 85 meant nothing. Common sense .No early retirement for me. Had nothing to lose by changing jobs. At least I am not making the elites money now.

Unless you are now an o/o, there is an "elite" you are making money for.

Everyone has their threshold of what they will put up with, and everyone's is a different level. Personally, I am looking at other options and weighing the pros and cons of jumping ship. I can tell you one thing though... if I do last until the bidding starts for next year, I will be running the yard hostler from now on. It's the only CDL position left in the company where you are not micromanaged to death. No cameras, no dock work and no handhelds. Fast paced and you get a lot of exercise, but that's something I need seeing as how I have gained 20 lbs since going on third shift...

Lol you love to twist words dontcha? He said upsf is only a segment of ups's whole business.
I didnt twist anything. He said "UPS is not an LTL" just because they dont fit his description of a union carrier giving back. I guess Fedex isnt an LTL either. He also called the workforce at the union companies useless and lazy. The useless labor force at my union barn delivers about 1100 bills per day and picks up almost 1200 bills all in a 20 hour period. So hes full of **** there too. We can have another round of givebacks and still be ahead of Conway AND your beloved OD in compensation. He's just mad because when he worked at Coke the order pickers made as much as the drivers. Boo Hoo.

piston ring you must work in a good yard ours is just constantif you're not in the hospital they want you open the doc breaking free go back and forth all dayif there's no trailers moving they get on the radio about what you are actually doing ridiculous

I didnt twist anything. He said "UPS is not an LTL" just because they dont fit his description of a union carrier giving back. I guess Fedex isnt an LTL either. He also called the workforce at the union companies useless and lazy. The useless labor force at my union barn delivers about 1100 bills per day and picks up almost 1200 bills all in a 20 hour period. So hes full of **** there too. We can have another round of givebacks and still be ahead of Conway AND your beloved OD in compensation. He's just mad because when he worked at Coke the order pickers made as much as the drivers. Boo Hoo.
UPS isn't an LTL company. They are a parcel package company...