XPO | Laredo, TX Filed for Union Recognition

piston ring you must work in a good yard ours is just constantif you're not in the hospital they want you open the doc breaking free go back and forth all dayif there's no trailers moving they get on the radio about what you are actually doing ridiculous
There's no time to break freight when you're in the hostler here. They have two morning hostler bids just to keep up. One guy pulls and one guy plugs. One of the perks of having a terminal that's way too small...

you never heard of uPS Freight they are in LTL company I thought you would have known that

This guy is confused. And the thread has moved on.

The drivers I spoke of weren't going to UPSF. They are going to UPS to be feeder drivers.

UPSF ( the old Overnight ) is a crappy job and they advertise on the radio constantly. They can't fill their positions.

Better to work at a crappie place that does have good benefits and a decent retirement plan than waste your time at a more crappie place that you are going to walk away with nothing!!!

In order for this to take hold you need more than just one terminal to do it. If you want to suceed you need the whole state or the major service centers to go after the union.

You are correct you need everyone including chicago land and you can forget that wont never happen especially after there big raise and when they tried organizing awhile back no one backed them

Y should every truck have a camera beeer FD what is the big benefit .oh to save the company I see it doesn't help the driver at all just stresses him out. Anyone besides u like the cameras

I didn't say I liked the camera all that well, just tolerate it and don't let it run my life. The camera is here snd i'm here, a happy team. It's not a big deal.

Stop apologizing for the company. They can still have a dash camera and I agree that it has saved the company money in law suits, I don't think drivers have a problem with that as they do with being spied on. And one more thing, if the cameras are here to stay as you say, then so will be the Teamsters. You should pick your battles wisely.

Choose my battles wisely?? i'll take the cameras..They're free

You are correct you need everyone including chicago land and you can forget that wont never happen especially after there big raise and when they tried organizing awhile back no one backed them

Nothing will happen anywhere; they will use truckload to run the freight or as somebody else said, they run it into a different border town. Everybody will be caught up in the three year plan (which i still have to confirm) and everything will be dandy at conway land.

Yes the cameras are here , now. Again do you think Con-way is more likely to be sued in Canada if the cameras only face out? To Up North or any other Canadian driver : Are you scared or worried with NO CAMERA FACING YOU? The vacation difference between Canada and US matters because it's one more change that we were told was necessary for the Con-way. Was it?
the cameras face internally like yours; for now. It's a violation of two federal laws here for them to do it. For reasons I will not discuss on an open forum , it's being left alone for now. The company knows they are screwed if we file a federal complaint, at my barn there is minimal coaching. As for the vacation, the company spent millions in legal fees trying to take away our vacations. Was illegal, and would have cost them millions and millions more to do it.

the cameras face internally like yours; for now. It's a violation of two federal laws here for them to do it. For reasons I will not discuss on an open forum , it's being left alone for now. The company knows they are screwed if we file a federal complaint, at my barn there is minimal coaching. As for the vacation, the company spent millions in legal fees trying to take away our vacations. Was illegal, and would have cost them millions and millions more to do it.

Thank you for the clarification.

Off topic: How many drivers pickup and deliver on a military base? Maybe a customer that has a closed property with high security? Have you ever been asked about the camera or told you can't enter?

My new retirement plan is to continue to work as long as I can , enjoy my work and remain Conway free!!!! Witch will add years to my life.

Thank you for the clarification. Off topic: How many drivers pickup and deliver on a military base? Maybe a customer that has a closed property with high security? Have you ever been asked about the camera or told you can't enter?
terminals that deliver to secure facilities and those of us that cross the border are issued clamshells for the camera; hinged plastic cover. Put on before you enter, take off when you leave.

terminals that deliver to secure facilities and those of us that cross the border are issued clamshells for the camera; hinged plastic cover. Put on before you enter, take off when you leave.

Yep. Although it's not usually military. It's usually proprietary.

My new retirement plan is to continue to work as long as I can , enjoy my work and remain Conway free!!!! Witch will add years to my life.

Then your not making that much, to each his own. I like to work and make money. You can go to the gym and add years to your life. You sound lazy.