Large number of Coolie Carrier trailers at OHFL

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
What is with the large number of mega OTR carrier trailers in your yards? Are these guys hauling most of your line runs now? Or does OHFL offer a service to the large carriers delivering their freight? I've seen a good amount of Interstate, Werner, Prime, NPE's sitting in Auburn and Portland yards. More so in Auburn.

"Partnership" trailers. NPE moves a large amount of California freight north. Not nearly s much south. Most of the other carriers si east freight.

Top this one. We have two trailers a week that come into Portland that CFI/Con-Way Truck Load bring. Not sure where or what they bring in. You would think that management would tell the shipper "Con-Way is our competition. We will help you find a different carrier." Guess they haven't figured out that Con-Way is a competitor yet.

Someone will probably get the message after Conway finishes rebranding the entire trailer fleet.

So I take it this is sucking up a good amount of work from you guys or giving OHFL something to do with their "partnership trailers"??

Someone will probably get the message after Conway finishes rebranding the entire trailer fleet.

I doubt it.

So I take it this is sucking up a good amount of work from you guys or giving OHFL something to do with their "partnership trailers"??

I really don't know how much is being lost. Portland Line is short handed with the ones on medical leave that there is only a few extra board drivers. We have seven Corning based drivers laying in Portland Evey night.:mad: Auburn is running some drivers to Redding a couple of times a week. With the out of balanced freight coming out of CA. I don't think there is much left over to put on the coolie drivers to take south.

The one that irritates me is the outfit that is Reno based that takes stuff both ways. We have three meets going to Reno and it seems that they all run lite out.

I doubt it.

I really don't know how much is being lost. Portland Line is short handed with the ones on medical leave that there is only a few extra board drivers. We have seven Corning based drivers laying in Portland Evey night.:mad: Auburn is running some drivers to Redding a couple of times a week. With the out of balanced freight coming out of CA. I don't think there is much left over to put on the coolie drivers to take south.

The one that irritates me is the outfit that is Reno based that takes stuff both ways. We have three meets going to Reno and it seems that they all run lite out.

???? Don't know how much is being lost? If Portland line is short on drivers, they need to hire new Teamsters, you don't see the connection? Using subcontractors interline and contract your work away is no big deal?