Larry's New Memo At J1

well our boy Larry R at j1 just put out a new memo and it states a few things first of all it states that we are ONLY to take a 1/2 hr lunch and 2 ten min. breaks during the day :biglaugh: yeah that would be ok if we worked a 8hr day BUT we dont sounds like thats just not enough for a 12 to 14 hr day now i am a local out of j1 and i will tell you that the office people there who smoke are away from thier desk longer than a hour or more a day outside smoking and they only work 8 hrs now i am not pitting the office agenest the drivers but it should on be fair to hold everyone to the same standards for a 8hr day its starting to sound like RED CHINA i did not think we work for a sweatshop :chairshot: and when we are at a stop we are not on break DOTdefines it asyou are not resopnsible for the equipment and relived of all duty''s when on lunch or break so i really dont think that they want us to walk away fro the equipment?

I've only been there for about 4 months and run local out of J1 and I work between 65-70 hrs a week I'm not complaining about the hours but when you work for 14 hours a day I don't think 2 ten min breaks and a half hour lunch is good for us at all. I drive around 300 miles a day and need a break just to get back to normal from dealing with that NY traffic and a ten min. break what are you going to do in that time.. And for stopping at wawa up the street I would think they would want you close to J1 then in long island taking your breaks you just want to get the hell out of NY as fast as you can then stop and break for a bit...Who knows I guess we are lucky not to be getting laid off like other drivers!!!!!!!!!

Larry is a JOKE. Still trying to figure out why He is still at Jevic. As far as taking breaks, When they stick a Tracking device in my *** then they will be able to Monitor my Break time. Other wise 30mins and two 10's are for people inside and don't make the company any money. We don't show up they go HOME.