Estes | Las Vegas Vs. Phoenix Linehaul transfer?

ltlfan

TB Lurker
Credits
I am a two year linehaul driver and am thinking of transferring out west.

I am wondering which terminal would be better to run out of?

It looks like phoenix is a much larger terminal. I am not sure if that means they have better runs though.

I think I would rather live in Vegas but not if the runs are not there in the future.

I am sure with my seniority I would be extra board for a while, just curious how long?

Any info is greatly appreciated thank you in advance!!!

Phoenix doesn't have many runs, and the runs they do have are very short in miles. At least that's how it was when I checked a few years ago. I don't know about Vegas, but the few times I went out there on extraboard, it seemed to be a busy little terminal.

Vegas isn't bad Denver, Salt Lake and Reno all have good runs. I'm in Reno we had a guy transfer from Vegas just for the good runs.

Vegas has a lot of bypass freight coming out of Salt Lake to Riverside. Central won't let that freight run straight across because 55 mph in California.

I would say Las Vegas is a better choice. Phoenix has too many short runs. For example, look for Bowie, AZ on I-10. They all wait years for that relay with El Paso. The miles aren't that great. If you want to move out west I would consider Reno or Salt Lake. Much better quality of life than Vegas. Maybe you don't like snow? If you run out of Vegas you will be in it everyday in wintertime. It doesn't snow much in Vegas but once you go up I-15 you are in it.

Thank you for all the replies. After hearing the results I think I will hold off a few more years till my daughter gets out of school.

Thanks again, be safe all.