Estes | Lasagna is not the problem

weather, hazmat, accident, shootings, car chases......it doesn't matter what the shutdown is! If you are told to sit by competent authorities like law enforcement, fire, emergency services or the like, it is a shutdown and if you break down, that's just part of doing business. It's not always the company's fault or the drivers fault, but as long as it is not the drivers fault for a shutdown, it's part of the business Estes took on to be responsible for compensation to the employee. If you don't agree, so be it.

All businesses have some sort of situations where employees are delayed or stopped from performing their duties and compensate or continue the person on hourly until the situation resolves. Not a brainstorm here.

We're talking about a company that doesn't even want to give their dockmen 5-10 minutes to wash up and change out of their winter clothes before the end of their shift. If I understand what was conveyed to me by some fellow dock guys from a meeting recently. :Bondage:

well then bud you just answered you onw question. it was not weather related and therefore you are not paid. sorry for my ignorance about south of LVS and the 1 mountian that you super truckers have to run, but to point out ignorance you are the pot and i must be the kettle
Once again showing your ignorance BUD but there is more than one grade that must be pulled on that particular route but then I guess we can"t all run the super trucker route across I-70 now can we.So what you are saying is you should be compensated for your down time due to weather but nobody should be paid for any other down time. Would you think different if they told you that getting shut down because of weather or chaining or going around the tunnel because of hazmat load was just part of doing buisness. You see your attitude is I got mine and screw everyone else. That is part of the problem here is they love to keep everyone divided so there is no unity amongst the employees.

We're talking about a company that doesn't even want to give their dockmen 5-10 minutes to wash up and change out of their winter clothes before the end of their shift. If I understand what was conveyed to me by some fellow dock guys from a meeting recently. :Bondage:

I think we should be paid for all of our time. But changing clothes come on that is reaching a little far. Your better than this Es4E.

Where on I-15 ? What were the conditions ? It makes a big difference if you are trying to prove a point here. There has to be other details that you or I don't know. Your comment is pretty generic.

This is true, a friend of mine that works here got that same type of compensation week before last during a winter storm.

I could write a whole novel here with facts if you would like but the fact remains the same that they were not compensated for their time while being held responsible for their equipment sitting in the middle of the highway at the direction of central dispatch.

I could write a whole novel here with facts if you would like but the fact remains the same that they were not compensated for their time while being held responsible for their equipment sitting in the middle of the highway at the direction of central dispatch.

All I have to say is, the sarge has taken charge!! I must say, it's kind of fun sitting on the side lines, reading the words of my protege, the well informed, articulate, infamous Sad Sack!!!! Who needs the king anyway? Elvis out....

I think we should be paid for all of our time. But changing clothes come on that is reaching a little far. Your better than this Es4E.

LOL, I'm not talking take a shower throw on your going out friday night stylin clothes... just meant somewhere in there being allowed the time to take off the Carhartts and the thermal boots, throw on your sneaks and hit the door.

i know i had a hell of a time throwing my chains on going across vail the other night. (maybe that gut i have). I 15 was a mess the day before yes in the hills. didn' t chain there. and i love getting a hotel cause 6 is closed or where ever just call corpate lodging. and guys comon quit arguing over the small stuff. you or we could be like my friends in little rock at usf with no job anymore. how many usf drivers you know are in hell right now. get over yourselves. (you know who you are) beerboy out......yuck

You two don't want to :Duel: again do you? Just when I was feeling neglected, deprived, rejected, forsaken, and unwanted. Elvis out and returning from hibernation.......

You two don't want to :Duel: again do you? Just when I was feeling neglected, deprived, rejected, forsaken, and unwanted. Elvis out and returning from hibernation.......

Just when we needed some healthy debate and spice to the forum :1036316054:

Just curious, when Elvis come out of hibernation.. What happens when he sees his shadow?:hysterical:

Once again showing your ignorance BUD but there is more than one grade that must be pulled on that particular route but then I guess we can"t all run the super trucker route across I-70 now can we.So what you are saying is you should be compensated for your down time due to weather but nobody should be paid for any other down time. Would you think different if they told you that getting shut down because of weather or chaining or going around the tunnel because of hazmat load was just part of doing buisness. You see your attitude is I got mine and screw everyone else. That is part of the problem here is they love to keep everyone divided so there is no unity amongst the employees.

WTF are you saying?? the company says if you are shut down due to weather you will be paid for it. and that goes for everyone. as far as chaining, ummm they dont shut down the road because you have ti chain. if you have to chain put them on and go on your merry way. and you are paid, very poorly i will admit, to go around the tunnel. i am completely lost by your post here bud.

if i am compensated everyone is. that is my point. not that i should be and the rest of the company shouldnt be.

WTF are you saying?? the company says if you are shut down due to weather you will be paid for it. and that goes for everyone. as far as chaining, ummm they dont shut down the road because you have ti chain. if you have to chain put them on and go on your merry way. and you are paid, very poorly i will admit, to go around the tunnel. i am completely lost by your post here bud.

if i am compensated everyone is. that is my point. not that i should be and the rest of the company shouldnt be.

Hello Jimbob. I think sadsack is trying to make a good point. If you are compensated for a road closure due to weather. Then why not compensation for road closure due to other legitimate reasons, such as the closure due to a hazmat spill on I-15 that the Las Vegas drivers got burned on? His point is, you are watching his equipment, whether is is an act of god or not. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue this point. Elvis out and still trying to help......

Elvis,

thank you for your response. if that is the point he is trying to make then, yes, i will have to agree. i think we SHOULD be paid if we have to stay with the truck.

however sadsack said that i should talk to the drivers that sat on the road due to the haz-mat spill and they were not paid, i responded that we are only paid for weather related closures and after the first hour of a breakdown. i was trying to tell him THAT is why they were not paid. that is all.

and thank you for your and others efforts on getting the breakdown time changed from 3 hours to 1 hour.

dont get me wrong i wish we were paid for all the time we sit reguardless of why, i wish we got paid for everything we do, i wish we were all paid what we are really worth to any company, however we at Estes are not paid for time sitting on the road or for everything we do. and NO company pays what we are worth to the company!!!

we all have complaints about where we work reguardless of where we work, but we stay where we are at simply because the issues that we dont like are not bad enough for us to leave. and that is different for each and every one of us to decide and it is our own opinion

Elvis,

thank you for your response. if that is the point he is trying to make then, yes, i will have to agree. i think we SHOULD be paid if we have to stay with the truck.

however sadsack said that i should talk to the drivers that sat on the road due to the haz-mat spill and they were not paid, i responded that we are only paid for weather related closures and after the first hour of a breakdown. i was trying to tell him THAT is why they were not paid. that is all.

and thank you for your and others efforts on getting the breakdown time changed from 3 hours to 1 hour.

dont get me wrong i wish we were paid for all the time we sit reguardless of why, i wish we got paid for everything we do, i wish we were all paid what we are really worth to any company, however we at Estes are not paid for time sitting on the road or for everything we do. and NO company pays what we are worth to the company!!!

we all have complaints about where we work reguardless of where we work, but we stay where we are at simply because the issues that we dont like are not bad enough for us to leave. and that is different for each and every one of us to decide and it is our own opinion

Very good post JB. How are we ever going to rekindle the old warring days, we once had here, if I am in complete agreement with your posts?:biglaugh: Be cool on your stool driver. I still hope to get you and Beerboy,Cjdriver,truckn4jesus, chickennugget,Jim Downing, Chrisjones, etc. to sign a union card one day!:hide: Oh, I forgot I can't get t4j to sign one. He is in management. ha, ha. Any way be safe out there. Elvis out.....

i signed one once ( at that company we had real isses, not gimmies )and probally never sign another.

I wont sign one but I will sure as hell wipe my *** with one :)

Like I have said to you before You need to read the good book. You really need to change this screen name. I know the topflight one didnt work too well for you but with your post you are not representing Jesus or anything Gods only begotten son lived for. I will pray for you tonight.

And by the way you owe your wages and benis to the union all high pais non union workers do, you are not that ignorant are you? Honest question not bashing. I think maybe the medication dosage should be adjusted.

Like I have said to you before You need to read the good book. You really need to change this screen name. I know the topflight one didnt work too well for you but with your post you are not representing Jesus or anything Gods only begotten son lived for. I will pray for you tonight.

And by the way you owe your wages and benis to the union all high pais non union workers do, you are not that ignorant are you? Honest question not bashing. I think maybe the medication dosage should be adjusted.

Ouch!!!!! Rib shot!!!! I felt that one! And it wasn't even directed at me! Good post. Elvis out....:1036316054: