Last one to post a picture wins !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5KTVw53.jpg

My new barn find.....
It's for sale too, after I finish it!

i wish i had to money of jay Leno. I'd be in my garage (much like his as well), tinkering away

images

Looks like it's been in the 'barn' about a week and a half...
It was last licensed in 1981, it's a 72 model. The wiring has been all butchered up so I ordered a new one. Plus the handle bar controls have been unscrewed and the screws are missing. Put a battery in it and changed the oil and ran some hot wires to the new ignition and got it to fire up but it's running pretty rough, but it's a start!! I called it a barn, it was really a shed and it was covered up really good! Seat and tank all looks good!

It was last licensed in 1981, it's a 72 model. The wiring has been all butchered up so I ordered a new one. Plus the handle bar controls have been unscrewed and the screws are missing. Put a battery in it and changed the oil and ran some hot wires to the new ignition and got it to fire up but it's running pretty rough, but it's a start!! I called it a barn, it was really a shed and it was covered up really good! Seat and tank all looks good!
It's a 1972 model, first year for a front disc brake and the last year for the right side shift.....

It's a 1972 model, first year for a front disc brake and the last year for the right side shift.....

Takes away from the work load of restoration, when starting off with something so clean looking. Hope you get it running soon! They definitely are 'bone shakers!'

we have a large supermarket chain here and they have a rewards card system. I went to thier name brand gas station where the gas for regular was $1.97 per gal. my rewards was for 40¢. paying $1.57 was a pleasure. downside to these reward points is that in time, they expire. the most i was ever to earn was 90¢, but the gas was still over $3.00 then. almost reminds me of the days when i ran a Mobil station, and way back them Mobil Super Unleaded was nearly $1.75 per gallon and our regular was $1.60, and i think that i am talking 1980's prices.

anyone remember the good ole days...???

121104030126-sandy-gas-lines-monster.jpg

11803161-large.jpg

i'm digging the guy with the lawn mower

draft_lens11582711module106280701photo_127669346770s_energy_crisis_pic5.jpg

i think the A-rabs had had enough of us finding and getting more of our own oil, making them go broke, as they sat on their golden toilets. screw 'em, they came down in prices, we knew they always would too, but why did it take so long for America to even make an attempt years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.