Last one to post a picture wins !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
roadway_roadboss_long.jpg

On my first day as a city driver for Roadway ABQ, they sent me out in a unit like this. All I knew about Albuquerque was the Sandia Mountains were to the east.

We used to call them "rubber ducks", because of the rubber block rear suspension, these were followed by the short nose version dubbed "shake n' bakes", with the outmost reverence of course.

Roadway ABQ would use old Western Gillette pup trailers in the city when I started in 1981. The landing gear on those pup trailers could be cranked back and forth so we could hook them to this type of tractor. Sometimes it worked and when it didn't, Roadway management didn't seem to care when we would grind up the tires on the rear axle of the tractor.

Last edited:
Roadway ABQ would use old Western Gillette pup trailers in the city when I started in 1981. The landing gear on those pup trailers could be cranked back and forth so we could hook them to this type of tractor. Sometimes it worked and when it didn't, Roadway management didn't seem to care when we would grind up the tires on the rear axle of the tractor.

Why, didn't you have any city tractors?

In addition to protecting me from liability and insurance scam accidents, here is another reason I have a video camera in my truck. This is revenue from people watching my videos on YouTube over the last few months...

5qvKajb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.