Yellow | Last to Know

JimmyB

TB Lurker
Credits
So, us in the west are the last to know anything!

Lets see, the 410*** series is 45 an 48 foot trailers for "pig service." Then the 430*** series trailers are 53 footers...also for pig duty?

Jimmy B

yo jimmy....

they're buying all kinds of used stuff......

there were 6 former dugan dollies in STL with 9900 numbers and grey paint (only way you could tell they were dugan's was they still had orange lugnuts)....

you're probably better off not being caught in the rumor mill we got on this end.....

the latest rumors are, 100 teams added to STL, reversing the freight flow in the southeast from west to east, STL running teams back into NY/NJ satellites....

there, those are the latest rumors that i hear....

i wouldn't give you a hill of beans for any of them....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; just make sure you don't have to peddle with one of those 53' swingers.....

Saw 5 or 6 teams running west on 80/90 Indiana

I was just asking about that when I got back to Cleveland last night. I thought teams east were supposed to be almost non existant. I saw 5 or 6 running across the Indiana toll road heading west. Whats up with this, anyone know? :duh:

vwaggs said:
I was just asking about that when I got back to Cleveland last night. I thought teams east were supposed to be almost non existant. I saw 5 or 6 running across the Indiana toll road heading west. Whats up with this, anyone know? :duh:
STL has no more teams at all.....we had 10 that ran East and could go to 7 points....BLT, PHI, EDS, LIZ, ALE, QNS and PNJ.
CGB had many teams going to all 7 of these points and more. CGB still has some teams that go to a few points Mass and (I think) Rhode Island, but not nearly as many as before.

MIKEEEEE said:
yo jimmy....

they're buying all kinds of used stuff......

there were 6 former dugan dollies in STL with 9900 numbers and grey paint (only way you could tell they were dugan's was they still had orange lugnuts)....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; just make sure you don't have to peddle with one of those 53' swingers.....

I'm the last "bid" driver onduty I try and select the swing doors for trailer spots where the shipper fills the trailer, so the regular routes don't get them, don't know if it works, but I feel better doing it that way.

I'm mostly interested in equipment notes. Because we have no shop, there's no one to ask. So thought I'd ask here.

Jimmy B

Hi,
Nice to see that someone "gets" it and uses his head!
It would make it an easier day at work if more people thought of someone else instead of themselves.
that's commendable thinking Jimmy!
wolleyworldd