FedEx Freight | Last week with fedex

sourpickle

TB Lurker
Credits
Well that's it. I just can't take it anymore. This is going to be my last week with FedEx. No hrs, No money,write up's,Geting yelled at on the dock, everything is always your fault. I just can't work like this. The name of the company sounds good but that's the only thing that's good.:sadwavey:

Well that's it. I just can't take it anymore. This is going to be my last week with FedEx. No hrs, No money,write up's,Geting yelled at on the dock, everything is always your fault. I just can't work like this. The name of the company sounds good but that's the only thing that's good.:sadwavey:

sourpickle :1036316054:

Sorry to hear that you want to quit.
But before you do that, why don't you
tell your SCM that you would rather be
a supervisor and get a red shirt.
That way you can just walk around
looking cool.

:smilie_132:

Can't blame you pickle. We have a driver leaving this week also. He's going back to his old company for about the same reasons as you. He can't take the micro-managing and constantly added things he has to do.

I know FedEx could not care less since we are a people first company. Wait. That didn't make sense. Hmm. Now I'm confused.

Take care pickle and and just know that if I was a 1-5 year employee, I'd be seriously looking to jump this rat infested ship.

Because of some dumb red shirt.

This is a crying shame .........
Shame on your SCM and his red shirts !

speaking of being made available to the industry...

God forbid anyone suggest he just wasn't up for the job. Not everyone is, you know. No shame in that. (Even Old AF had to bail on a job once after a relatively short timeframe. Hurts the ego but a man's gotta do blah blah blah.)

Better to get out now and find something easier, than to stay and make yourself--and everyone else--miserable.

Pickle, good luck to you. I hope you find a position suited to your talents and abilities. Please keep us posted on your progress; perhaps others will be inspired to follow your example.

OAF

ps--how's the subject of a rookie leaving after a couple of months worthy of a sticky? Just askin', is all.

good luck to ya

Without knowing the details, it is hard to assume who is write and who is wrong. We all know that there are drivers and/or dockmen that need to be yelled and written up a lot more than they are. It's unfortunate that most of the workers have pride, work hard, and do it right, but some of the "bad apples" need to correct their work-ethic or attitude. Again, its only a few guys and i'm sure most terminals have a handful or fewer of them.

On the flip side, sometimes, why write some body or yell at somebody if it really isn't going to correct anything? sometimes the "red shirts" just document, document, document, and so on but yet NOTHING happens.........SO it's easy to simply say, save the stress, the ink, and the time and not document.....this also doesn't accomplish anything.

penny for thought.

Pickle...before you really decide to jump, give it sometime maybe you just got started out on the wrong foot, i think you said you maybe be out of DAL..well that a lagre hub, things change often, this redshirt you had some trouble with will either leave or change shifts soon. Things on a hub dock are always crazy it takes a bit to get into the swing of things, dont let one person mess with your life. just my thoughts on it

you hear everyday of driver"s wanting to quit or they r waiting to
hear from another employeer about a job. fedex better realize
all these drivers start quitting it aint going to be as easy to replace
the driver as easy as it is to replace the red shirt.

No grown man needs to be yelled at, I never allowed anyone at fedex to yell at me, I don't allow my customers to yell at me. Pickle is a grown man, no wonder he is leaving, I wouldn't put up with that either.

you hear everyday of driver"s wanting to quit or they r waiting to
hear from another employeer about a job. fedex better realize
all these drivers start quitting it aint going to be as easy to replace
the driver as easy as it is to replace the red shirt.

And WHY is it always to easy to replace a redshirt....there are plenty of men/women with CDLs out there looking for the chance to make good money, its harder to find a person who is willing to put in the time and effort for little pay and long hours.....:hide:

God forbid anyone suggest he just wasn't up for the job. Not everyone is, you know. No shame in that. (Even Old AF had to bail on a job once after a relatively short timeframe. Hurts the ego but a man's gotta do blah blah blah.)

Better to get out now and find something easier, than to stay and make yourself--and everyone else--miserable.

Pickle, good luck to you. I hope you find a position suited to your talents and abilities. Please keep us posted on your progress; perhaps others will be inspired to follow your example.

OAF

ps--how's the subject of a rookie leaving after a couple of months worthy of a sticky? Just askin', is all.

Just for the record, I've been here 16 years, so I've seen alot of changes, as many of you have. Frankly, the way this company has gone down the drain as far as being an employer, I personally would not doubt or question his reasoning without evidence to support that doubt. :smilie_132:

No grown man needs to be yelled at, I never allowed anyone at fedex to yell at me, I don't allow my customers to yell at me. Pickle is a grown man, no wonder he is leaving, I wouldn't put up with that either.

I do b believe that is why Mike C. was removed from his RED SHIRT here in DAL. You can't treat people that way.

Please elaborate on how this company has gone down the drain?

Just for the record, I've been here 16 years, so I've seen alot of changes, as many of you have. Frankly, the way this company has gone down the drain as far as being an employer, I personally would not doubt or question his reasoning without evidence to support that doubt. :smilie_132:

i started here 13 years ago i often wondered if i made the right choice.but back then the way a man was treated was a 100 times better than now,starting at 9-10am til 10-11 12 pm or some nights 1 am but then you were part of something special.now its just a job again like the one i left to come here,too old to start over again but if the right job comes along poof this old boys gone like yesterdays laundry :smilie_132:

You are one of the lucky ones sour....You can get out. So tell me does it feel like being paroled from prison??? :hysterical: I wish I could find something else to go to. Company keeps slippin away. I blame **** poor look out for themselves only management. Company blows!!! Anyway good luck to ya sour....May you find something else that will make you happy. Best wishes!!!!