Yellow | Latest Central States Bullshit..... They want me to SUSPEND my application for Retirement

hojim

TB Lurker
Credits
Application Election Notice Nov, 13,2015

On Sept 25,2015, The Pension Fund filed an application with the U.S. Dept of the Treasury to

Suspend certain benefits pursuant to the Multi-employer Pension Reform Act od 2014. In early October 2015,you should have received a notice of this application along with an individual statement of the effect of the proposal suspension on your benefits. You should consider the effect of the potential benefit suspension on any retirement decision or election that you make.

In light of this information we need you to advise the Plan whether you want to place your APPLICATION ON HOLD until more specific information is provide to you concerning the potential impact on your benefit. Please indicate your choice below:

__ Place my application on hold until further notice

__Approve my application for benefits

By signing this form I understand that under the Multi-employer Pension Reform Act of 2014, benefits may be SUSPENDED EVEN AFTER I BEGIN RECEIVING MY MY PENSION.

_________________ ________________ _____________

Signature SSN DATE

Return to: Central States, Southeast & Southwest Areas Pension Fund

They are advising you of your options...if you retire now before 7/1/16, you could be reduced by 50% if all your time is at 1 company, that is still in the fund....If you wait until after 7/1/16 and then retire, you could be reduced at 30%....That is the scenario that I'm in right now....SO, I am waiting to see what happens AFTER 7/1/16......KK

Last edited:
They are advising you of your options...if you retire now before 7/1/16, you could be reduced by 50% if all your time is at 1 company, that is still in the fund....If you wait until after 7/1/16 and then retire, you could be reduced at 30%....That is the scenario that I'm in right now....SO, I am waiting to see what happens AFTER 7/1/15.....KK
After 7/1/2016 you mean

So is a matching 401-K , that YOU control and not the union still a dumb idea ???? it is never ever good to have somebody else control your retirement money and change the rules as they want too !!!

What would be different with your money invested in the market and Wall St. still calling the shots ? Companies like Northern Trust and Goldman Sachs ? Wherever there is money there are crooks, and we have an overload of them wearing suits in this country

As far as changing the rules, nothing is etched in stone. ANY law or change can be tagged onto another bill and passed in the middle of the night when nobody notices, look at MPRA. With a 401k you have to be vigilant also, I do know people that their employers didn't deposit their matching contributions and the employees ultimately had to hire legal help to get their money.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if everyone would have had a 401k because win lose or draw you would be in control. If you weren't the savvy investor look what a simple return would get ya‼️
I just went for a hundred dollars a week beleive me CSPF got a lot more than that paid in on your behalf. This is with a conservative return. The economy was rocking for a long time before the 2008 crash.

Your Result
Your monthly deposit of $400.00 for 30 years with an interest rate of 6.50% compounded Monthly
with an initial starting balance of $10.00
  • Year
  • Balance
  • $4,956.28
  • $10,233.83
  • $15,864.82
  • $21,872.93
  • $28,283.42
  • $35,123.22
  • $42,421.10
  • $50,207.74
  • $58,515.85
  • $67,380.38
  • $76,838.59
  • $86,930.22
  • $97,697.71
  • $109,186.32
  • $121,444.35
  • $134,523.32
  • $148,478.20
  • $163,367.68
  • $179,254.33
  • $196,204.94
  • $214,290.76
  • $233,587.82
  • $254,177.24
  • $276,145.58
  • $299,585.17
  • $324,594.56
  • $351,278.87
  • $379,750.28
  • $410,128.48
  • $442,541.15
Final Savings Balance: $442,541.15

WE GOT SCREWED‼️

I don't know if you can answer this, I have a buddy at my barn that is talking about retiring, I think he is 66 or 67, I read all this stuff saying you should not retire till July 1st. Does this effect everyone or just guys that have been working at certain places or for certain amount of times. I am just trying to figure out if I need to pull him aside and tell him not to do it? He really is set on not working another whole winter in the north.

I don't know if you can answer this, I have a buddy at my barn that is talking about retiring, I think he is 66 or 67, I read all this stuff saying you should not retire till July 1st. Does this effect everyone or just guys that have been working at certain places or for certain amount of times. I am just trying to figure out if I need to pull him aside and tell him not to do it? He really is set on not working another whole winter in the north.
I would suggest he call CSPF and ask them directly.

I would suggest he call CSPF and ask them directly.
:smiliewhs: It's never good to advise anyone on such things other than suggest that they do their research before making a move.

Application Election Notice Nov, 13,2015

On Sept 25,2015, The Pension Fund filed an application with the U.S. Dept of the Treasury to

Suspend certain benefits pursuant to the Multi-employer Pension Reform Act od 2014. In early October 2015,you should have received a notice of this application along with an individual statement of the effect of the proposal suspension on your benefits. You should consider the effect of the potential benefit suspension on any retirement decision or election that you make.

In light of this information we need you to advise the Plan whether you want to place your APPLICATION ON HOLD until more specific information is provide to you concerning the potential impact on your benefit. Please indicate your choice below:

__ Place my application on hold until further notice

__Approve my application for benefits

By signing this form I understand that under the Multi-employer Pension Reform Act of 2014, benefits may be SUSPENDED EVEN AFTER I BEGIN RECEIVING MY MY PENSION.

_________________ ________________ _____________

Signature SSN DATE

Return to: Central States, Southeast & Southwest Areas Pension Fund

Yes, by request, they've been asked to circulate a hint "DON'T RETIRE JUST YET" letter. Some of you have suspected wrong doing but just can't quite put your finger on it. On the other hand there are others who will never get it even if presented with all the facts The Union along with the pension fund would like to avoid or at least limit their legal exposure when and/or if the truth of these orchestrated events were to find their way into a court room.

What the letter should read, is, don't retire just yet because the deal could happen any day now. Once the deal happens (happy days again) the clowns will then receive the go ahead to propose a shelved pension fix. If you retire prior to the fix you're locking yourself in at a lower proposed pension rates. If you wait until after the fix things will undoubtedly be much better. At least that's all part of their secretive plan. So, if you were bound to a large financial non-disclosure agreement would you peep a word of this? No, instead you enjoy your new-found wealth, continue to play the game, then hope the fix restores a shred of your despicable legacy so you're not among the hunted for the rest of your life(s).

1. Wait for the deal, very soon I suspect.
2. Watch for the fix, shortly thereafter.
3. Always do your research prior to casting a vote of any kind, thanks.
4. Truckingboard pimp, grow up and stop the email games.

Yes, by request, they've been asked to circulate a hint "DON'T RETIRE JUST YET" letter. Some of you have suspected wrong doing but just can't quite put your finger on it. On the other hand there are others who will never get it even if presented with all the facts The Union along with the pension fund would like to avoid or at least limit their legal exposure when and/or if the truth of these orchestrated events were to find their way into a court room.

What the letter should read, is, don't retire just yet because the deal could happen any day now. Once the deal happens (happy days again) the clowns will then receive the go ahead to propose a shelved pension fix. If you retire prior to the fix you're locking yourself in at a lower proposed pension rates. If you wait until after the fix things will undoubtedly be much better. At least that's all part of their secretive plan. So, if you were bound to a large financial non-disclosure agreement would you peep a word of this? No, instead you enjoy your new-found wealth, continue to play the game, then hope the fix restores a shred of your despicable legacy so you're not among the hunted for the rest of your life(s).

Thanks for the reply buddy I appreciate it, I don't know much about this kind of stuff but I suppose it is new to everybody. I would really hate to see a fella end up on the short end of the stick because he jumped the gun and didn't work a couple more months. From what you are saying I take it that July 1st might not be the date to wait for, just make sure you wait for the deal to be finalized. Thanks!

You posted this tongue in cheek.......at least I hope you did.

Central States' plan has been filed with the US Treasury Dept, and per the MPRA law there are specific timetables and guidelines to follow. At some point in the future if the plan is approved by the Treasury Dept. we will be voting to accept or reject the plan.

You posted this tongue in cheek.......at least I hope you did.

Central States' plan has been filed with the US Treasury Dept, and per the MPRA law there are specific timetables and guidelines to follow. At some point in the future if the plan is approved by the Treasury Dept. we will be voting to accept or reject the plan.
And the treasury dept will have the right to reverse a no vote to a yes.

And the treasury dept will have the right to reverse a no vote to a yes.[/QUOT]
Whaaaat? President Hoffa has cousin or relative working for the TD? That means all no votes will change to a yes vote in less than two weeks after the no vote...oh nooooo