Yellow | Latest Central States Bullshit..... They want me to SUSPEND my application for Retirement

And the treasury dept will have the right to reverse a no vote to a yes.
I don't think the Treasury Dept. will see a NO vote victory. Too many are getting cut 30 percent or less and probably voting yes because that's better than a 50 percent cut. Also I'm guessing those that don't send a vote in at all...will be counted as a YES vote. I think the only NO votes will be from retiree's taking a 60 or 50 percent cut. A lot of these older poor souls will have to go back to work...and doing what? Who's going to hire someone walking in for the interview using a cane? Or not being able to pass a physical? Or falling asleep in the physical? ha

I'm voting NO because I think Central States can come up with a better deal than the one proposed. They are all over the place with this. A cut should be the same for all. Why can't we all pay 30 percent? I read where there's a possibility for those who wait until after July 1. 2016, that they will only be cut 30 percent. What about the person who retired 1 year ago? They are getting cut 50 percent. What's fair about that? Or some like me who retired several years ago and getting cut 50 percent. Would I still be working today If I had known that if I had waited until July 1, 2016 that my retirement would have paid more? Darn right. Or if I had known that several years after I retired, I would have been better off to have kept working to see if I could get even more, than the July 1, 2016 proposal, on down the road? Why not just keep working forever...until my final trip is to just fall out of the truck and die?

I think if the Treasury Dept. receive's a majority of YES votes they will think we are all satisfied with the proposal and let it pass. CSPF has it set up to pass with a bunch of yes votes by having different cuts and votes not being sent in counted as yes. There is nothing fair about this at all. A NO vote from me. At least I will let them know I don't like it. I still feel they can come back to the table with something better and fair for all. Once it's done...it's done. Let's just hope and pray the right decision is made for all.

I don't think the Treasury Dept. will see a NO vote victory. Too many are getting cut 30 percent or less and probably voting yes because that's better than a 50 percent cut. Also I'm guessing those that don't send a vote in at all...will be counted as a YES vote. I think the only NO votes will be from retiree's taking a 60 or 50 percent cut. A lot of these older poor souls will have to go back to work...and doing what? Who's going to hire someone walking in for the interview using a cane? Or not being able to pass a physical? Or falling asleep in the physical? ha

I'm voting NO because I think Central States can come up with a better deal than the one proposed. They are all over the place with this. A cut should be the same for all. Why can't we all pay 30 percent? I read where there's a possibility for those who wait until after July 1. 2016, that they will only be cut 30 percent. What about the person who retired 1 year ago? They are getting cut 50 percent. What's fair about that? Or some like me who retired several years ago and getting cut 50 percent. Would I still be working today If I had known that if I had waited until July 1, 2016 that my retirement would have paid more? Darn right. Or if I had known that several years after I retired, I would have been better off to have kept working to see if I could get even more, than the July 1, 2016 proposal, on down the road? Why not just keep working forever...until my final trip is to just fall out of the truck and die?

I think if the Treasury Dept. receive's a majority of YES votes they will think we are all satisfied with the proposal and let it pass. CSPF has it set up to pass with a bunch of yes votes by having different cuts and votes not being sent in counted as yes. There is nothing fair about this at all. A NO vote from me. At least I will let them know I don't like it. I still feel they can come back to the table with something better and fair for all. Once it's done...it's done. Let's just hope and pray the right decision is made for all.
I think you are 100% right, I am voting no as well. As long as it has a chance the treasury can overrule a no vote. I want them to make the decision, as I do not want to put this on anyone else. I do believe that 30 percent across the board without concern of age would have been a more fair way of doing this. Good post by the way.:1036316054:

I think you are 100% right, I am voting no as well. As long as it has a chance the treasury can overrule a no vote. I want them to make the decision, as I do not want to put this on anyone else. I do believe that 30 percent across the board without concern of age would have been a more fair way of doing this. Good post by the way.:1036316054:
I agree that whatever percentage of cuts that may be necessary to rehabilitate the funds should be equal for all members of the fund. I'm not an orphan and before jimmy g reminds me I'm not in the CSPF. But I'm not a troll and I have an interest in the outcome of any CSPF cuts. Many funds including mine are just waiting for Central States to lead the way in pension cuts. So what is decided by you guys could have a direct effect on my pension cuts.

I agree that whatever percentage of cuts that may be necessary to rehabilitate the funds should be equal for all members of the fund. I'm not an orphan and before jimmy g reminds me I'm not in the CSPF. But I'm not a troll and I have an interest in the outcome of any CSPF cuts. Many funds including mine are just waiting for Central States to lead the way in pension cuts. So what is decided by you guys could have a direct effect on my pension cuts.
That is true, many are waiting and some have already applied and using the central states application as an example. I believe that cuts are necessary and will be done. I just don't like the discrimination of age and so on in the bill. Actually it is about as fair as they will make it when you leave the age cut off out of the conversation. Everybody is getting about a 50 percent cut or there about. With about 45 percent of the retirees being saved from cuts by the age factor, maybe a 25 or 30 percent across the board cut would have been possible. The treasury has no authority to change the age groups as they are law. They can only approve or disapprove the plan and send it back. I just do not see any changes they can make without a new bill by congress. I just do not see that happening either. Lets see what the conference call has to say tonight.

Crystal, I'm not in the CSPF either. I'm concerned as well we all should be. I can't get the image of Brother ESP and the Mrs. standing there in DC. with Senator Sanders like they were asking for something they didn't deserve. My wife and I have signed all the online Petitions and made phone calls, never give up.

ps. go easy on jimmy g, he's one of the best. we're all frustrated. stay safe.

Is there actually a vote scheduled yet? By mail?

Is there actually a vote scheduled yet? By mail?
No, the vote will not happen until the treasury says the plan is what is needed or not. If not then the plan will be sent back to Central states and reworked. The treasury has 225 days from I believe it was Oct 25, 2015 to decide what to do. The phone call today was with the Treasury and it sounded like there is nothing to do, except wait the 225 days out and then the vote will take place. The cuts will take place in July 2016. The waiting time is a formality and the plan is law and the Treasury cannot change the law. They are asking if anyone knows a better way to make the pension plan solvent with or without the cuts. Any road wizards out there who can solve this mess and keep in place the entire law, are welcome to comment and solve this mess. Otherwise the plan will stand.

No, the vote will not happen until the treasury says the plan is what is needed or not. If not then the plan will be sent back to Central states and reworked. The treasury has 225 days from I believe it was Oct 25, 2015 to decide what to do. The phone call today was with the Treasury and it sounded like there is nothing to do, except wait the 225 days out and then the vote will take place. The cuts will take place in July 2016. The waiting time is a formality and the plan is law and the Treasury cannot change the law. They are asking if anyone knows a better way to make the pension plan solvent with or without the cuts. Any road wizards out there who can solve this mess and keep in place the entire law, are welcome to comment and solve this mess. Otherwise the plan will stand.
The second part of your question, is the vote to be by mail? It was to be done by phone or email, then I heard by mail. Senator Portman's bill was for the vote to be by mail and only the returned ones to be counted for an actual majority win or lose vote, the bill never hit the floor. Now I am not sure how the vote will be conducted. I am sure it will be made public and you will know, I am guessing around May 2016.