Yellow | Latest Online Threats From Welch!

NO Fair Elwood... you made me go get a dictionary!! :redface: .. LOL - My vocabulary SUCKS.... your challenging me with words.

Acquiesce - to accept, comply, or submit without open opposition...

:grouphug:

All Elwood wanted was a glove and ball as a child, but, his parents got him a dictionary and thesaurus instead :biglaugh:

No, it just takes someone with an overactive imagination (or who had too much coffee). :smile:

You need to wake up!!! Management is on a mission, and they won't stop at anything till they get their yes vote... They will use fear tactics. threaten closure, or whatever they have to do to install fear and split their employees!!! Conquer and Divide...

You need to wake up!!! Management is on a mission, and they won't stop at anything till they get their yes vote... They will use fear tactics. threaten closure, or whatever they have to do to install fear and split their employees!!! Conquer and Divide...

And that is different from your posts how?????

So let me get this right papajohn, anyone who doesn't see things exactly the way you do is just a management shill? Did I get it right?

Do bears Crap in the woods... YES MANAGEMENT IS ALL OVER THE KEYBOARDS PROMOTING A YES VOTE... DON'T TAKE A GENIUS TO SEE READ BETWEEN THE LINES!!!

Obviously it wasn't a "genius" who wrote that post......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
wile-e-coyote-genius.gif

Or was it???? .. ^^^^^^^^

You cant cut costs because the company is not willing to cut costs.They have all these companies under YRCW.As long as the union keeps giving them so much time on each MOU.They will never show a total profit for all 4 of the carriers.One or two may show a profit.When that happens the company spends that profit on the entity not doing so well.Or plan a major change of operations.Either way with the snap back provisions.We will never get back what we have lost

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Do bears Crap in the woods... YES MANAGEMENT IS ALL OVER THE KEYBOARDS PROMOTING A YES VOTE... DON'T TAKE A GENIUS TO SEE READ BETWEEN THE LINES!!!

OK.. So your saying I'm naïve and you think I'm BLIND... What's with all the CAPS friend??

I would guess that management has more to do than sit on these boards all day... I know I have more to do.. but I just can't help myself.. I enjoy the challenge of being presented with facts and having the opportunity to add some brain power and create a good debate - although, I'm finding factual arguments hard to come by out here.... There are some. But most of what is out here is pure emotions.. hate, fear, fed-up-ness, anger, oh and that green one... it's 'dark' out here.... :) Let the light in...

Oh.. and IM NOT MANAGEMENT!! :) I manage my own finances.. because in the corporate world I'd be jailed for hurting some damn fool who deserved it.... Just saying.... of course - I could be lying... what do you need as proof?

Shoot! Did anyone think there could be stock holders trying to short the stock out here promoting a "no" vote? It's looking good for them today!!

Thinking this stuff up takes too much imagination for me... I'll stick to the numbers :)

All that being said - Thanks for answering my question... I really was asking out of a place of truly trying to get a feel for what's happening. (and then my 'snarky' side showed up)

Best, ~SinC~

Never said that... but if you can't tell the difference then maybe you need to wake up...

I'm game - How DO YOU tell the difference? Remember ding-dong me thought there was no management out here.... I need help finding them....

Thanks in advance! :)

Have you ever heard the words "Trust but verify" - Those are words to live by my friend... You can listen and trust what you hear, and then verify everything you have been told. Then you form your own opinion.

It's like the pension thing... (I'm going to pop some bubbles right now) Do you know how many people believe that each member of a pension has an "account" in his or her name with the money that has been contributed on their behalf? And think that when they are ready to retire, someone is going to crack that account open and start dispensing the $. AND they think no one else can get 'their money'??

It's mind blowing to me that people don't get that pensions are ONE big fat bucket where all the money goes in and the first ones to reach retirement get the money first... when it runs out - it's gone!! It just kills me!! So when no one is paying in - no one will get money out. Think about that for a while....

Remember - you can verify this on your own... but - this is what SUCKS - you have to know the right questions to ask to get the right answers. If you ask "what is in my account" they will give you a number, because your "account" is a mathematical amount that is due to you at retirement. What you have to be asking is "how do pension funds work" the nuts and bolts of the fund.

(and I have lost everyone because that sound like too much work to figure it out!!)

:hysterical: @ self!!

All Elwood wanted was a glove and ball as a child, but, his parents got him a dictionary and thesaurus instead :biglaugh:

SOOO wish my parents had gotten me a dictionary and thesaurus when I was a child! Then maybe I would have a wider vocab and not have to look stupid every time someone uses a word with more than 4 letters in it!! :dance:

You must be new here? Yes, he does

Yep, I'm new here... I have a big mouth and LOTS of opinions... and having a bit of trouble keeping up with who knows who and what they know...

Guess I'll swim or drown... LOL Thanks for the info

A multipemployer pension fund's rules are governed by a board of trustees and a CBA(collective bargaining agreement). They are designed for industries where the employees jump around from different employers a lot. It allows the worker to earn a pension without working for the same employer. Some, like central states, have multiple levels of payout within the same pension fund. Some earn a lot smaller pensions or it could be just the opposite and be larger. These types of pension funds are beneficial to the company because they are a tax write off. It also leaves the administration up to the pension. They are covered by the PBGC so in the event of a default you will get paid something.

A multipemployer pension fund's rules are governed by a board of trustees and a CBA(collective bargaining agreement). They are designed for industries where the employees jump around from different employers a lot. It allows the worker to earn a pension without working for the same employer. Some, like central states, have multiple levels of payout within the same pension fund. Some earn a lot smaller pensions or it could be just the opposite and be larger. These types of pension funds are beneficial to the company because they are a tax write off. It also leaves the administration up to the pension. They are covered by the PBGC so in the event of a default you will get paid something.

Thanks- I did some research on the subject... My point was more that the average person in a pension doesn't understand that it is not "their money". It is a promise of something to come... that quite frankly may never come. As you said, they will get paid "something".... but not necessarily all they expect.
Again - Thanks I've learned much from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks- I did some research on the subject... My point was more that the average person in a pension doesn't understand that it is not "their money". It is a promise of something to come... that quite frankly may never come. As you said, they will get paid "something".... but not necessarily all they expect.
Again - Thanks I've learned much from you.

oh I just love it when someone says its not your $. let me ask you this, if I had never worked at a contractual co. would my name be on the pension fund list as a participant? no? I wonder why? you mean I had to work under a contract that had a specific amount of my wage agreement paid into the fund under my name? wow I guess it is my $

oh I just love it when someone says its not your $. let me ask you this, if I had never worked at a contractual co. would my name be on the pension fund list as a participant? no? I wonder why? you mean I had to work under a contract that had a specific amount of my wage agreement paid into the fund under my name? wow I guess it is my $

Uh.... Let's do the math. When YRCW was paying 100% to the funds it was about $275/week. At 25 years of service the benifit was about $2700/month. Let's see that's $1100/month paid in and $2700/month paid out. So tell me again how it's YOUR money!