ABF | Latest Rumor from 003 KC

I agree the T/A is garbage and I voted No. I am also trying to be one of the individuals who will witness the counting of the ballots so that I am sure the count is fair. But, we have just about beat the T/A to death and there is nothing left but speculation. And so we speculate about the consequences of our decision.
No doubt its been beat to death. Just makes me nervous when I hear so much fear coming from coworkers. Have to wonder how much this will affect voting

No doubt its been beat to death. Just makes me nervous when I hear so much fear coming from coworkers. Have to wonder how much this will affect voting
I agree but I see the poll and that is where my gut stands.

Everything should be measured in its proper context and that context relates to YRC wasting money. Yes they could have paid a lot less months ago but that won't stop them from buying us for triple the price next week considering their ability to waste money.

My point stands, Harry Wilson is getting paid many millions of dollars to put this deal together and YRC ownership of ABF more of a possibility than "no voters" are willing to admit.

Do you think YRC ownership would be good for any ABF Teamster? It's not too late to change your vote.
I have reviewed your posts and have come to the conclusion that you are a company puke and not a rank and file worker. I'll give you credit to the extent that you are a cut above the other blatant company pukes but that's as far as I will go. Other than that I just ignore your input for the most part.

If you go to the abf roundtable the same "company men" the who post on that site sound a awful lot like the new members who post here.. Mgmt is posting here I know this to be a fact.. Not rumors...

If you go to the abf roundtable the same "company men" the who post on that site sound a awful lot like the new members who post here.. Mgmt is posting here I know this to be a fact.. Not rumors...
After visiting the Round Table a couple of times I decided that it isn't worth the time I spend logging on unless I have a question for upper management on a personal issue, they do respond to my questions. Most of the company pukes who come here disguised as rank and file workers are as easy to spot as the nose on my face and once their cover is blown they stop posting. This is probably the best place for upper management to take the pulse of the work force and see what's going on and it was a manager who showed me this site to begin with. I have nothing against them or their participation on here as long as they are on the up and up. I don't like it when they try to buffalo us but I am proud of how quickly we identify them.

Everything should be measured in its proper context and that context relates to YRC wasting money. Yes they could have paid a lot less months ago but that won't stop them from buying us for triple the price next week considering their ability to waste money.

My point stands, Harry Wilson is getting paid many millions of dollars to put this deal together and YRC ownership of ABF more of a possibility than "no voters" are willing to admit.

Do you think YRC ownership would be good for any ABF Teamster? It's not too late to change your vote.

Why would anyone want to change their vote? YRC is not doing our contract, and I doubt if they ever will.. This contract is what we should be worrying about, not YRC... Again you are trying to install fear in this vote.. I know why you want a yes vote, but that is your reason, not ours. Again YRC should not be even in this discussion. This contract needs to be voted down, and send them back to the table. WE KNOW WHY YOU ARE PUSHING SO HARD, BUT THIS IS OUR CONTRACT AND NOBODY ELSE'S....

You still haven't explained why the big difference in the losses.

Another poster asked, explain to me about these SEC filings for "confidentiality agreements" that hide certain accounts from the public's eye. I like to hear your explanation to on this
................. I THINK THIS IS A VERY GOOD QUESTION, AND I THINK WE ALL WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE TRUTH REALLY IS..

I have reviewed your posts and have come to the conclusion that you are a company puke and not a rank and file worker. I'll give you credit to the extent that you are a cut above the other blatant company pukes but that's as far as I will go. Other than that I just ignore your input for the most part.

Brother ABFer, if it makes you feel better call me a company puke. I am a college educated Teamster whose been in the union well over a decade. Some of that time was spent as an alternate steward and that exposure gave me some insight that would be different from the typical Teamster viewpoint. Who I am is not important but as stated previously I am road driver from 004.

If I present something inaccurately wouldn't you and your viewpoint be better served by a rational discussion of the facts and therefore showing the logic of your conclusion.

I started in trucking boards well over a year ago for a rational discussion about our pension and possible ways to solve it to avoid the company having to pay $16000 per Teamster. A rational solution in my opinion would have avoided any need of ABF getting any kind of concession. That clearly didn't happen so we now have a full pension contribution offer but some real ****ty additions like a wage concession, subcontracted freight and the loss of a weeks vacation.

Secondly, many vocal "hell no voters" think the YRC offer is somehow a bluff associated with ABF. Sorry ABFer, but there is a real and significant possibility they might buy us especially if the contract is voted down. Welch's public comments, Harry Wilson's multi million dollar contract and the serious lack of outrage by YRC rank and file are not my imagination but cold hard facts. Just trying to avoid a "Lemming Situation!"

Why would I want to change my vote, I voted NO And I still say HELL NOOOOO!!!!

You still haven't explained why the big difference in the losses.

Yes, as in any company, there are differences in revenue, net income, profit and EBITDA. The point is to compare the like with each company. Papajohn, go through the income statement of any of our competitors and compare any one of these financial measurements to ABF and you will clearly see there is a big hole in the boat at ABF when compared to our non-union competition. And since they are our "competition," it absolutely matters if you want to have a job in the long run.

I met up with a yrc city driver today. we chatted a bit about the contract and he told me that yrc got a new TM at Carlisle who was from the newburgh area. at a preshift meeting that he attended this TM was asked about buying abf. The driver told me that the TM said " no matter how they vote, we will have them within a year." when asked why, he said we need their equipment and their manpower. The driver told me that they cant get guys to work there, and they cant go out and buy equipment...so you can believe it or not but there were plenty of guys at that preshift meeting who heard the exact same thing...but I do think if the stock goes up too high it would be out of reach.....for now.

I met up with a yrc city driver today. we chatted a bit about the contract and he told me that yrc got a new TM at Carlisle who was from the newburgh area. at a preshift meeting that he attended this TM was asked about buying abf. The driver told me that the TM said " no matter how they vote, we will have them within a year." when asked why, he said we need their equipment and their manpower. The driver told me that they cant get guys to work there, and they cant go out and buy equipment...so you can believe it or not but there were plenty of guys at that preshift meeting who heard the exact same thing...but I do think if the stock goes up too high it would be out of reach.....for now.
What makes them think they would get the drivers, most of the guys at my barn wouldn't go a lot already had a tour if duty with the great yrc. I would peddle newspapers before going back.....

What makes them think they would get the drivers, most of the guys at my barn wouldn't go a lot already had a tour if duty with the great yrc. I would peddle newspapers before going back.....
And those who do go won't be setting the world on fire for good old YRC.

What ABF said they would do versus what they would do if the vote goes south is a good question. Surely, it won't be business as usual. I wouldn't rule out a lock out. A no win is strike authorization. The supreme test of gladiators. FedEx pilots struck back in the 80's or so but called it off when Smith shut down some long haul routes and parked aircraft in the desert. The pilots settled for less then what was offered originally.

Or will they follow thru with the threat of closing terminals. That wouldn't hurt senior drivers or dock too much. YRC already stated they are not interested in buying ABF. If they did change their mind about it the can't just walk in and pay the current stock price. Who would accept an offer of just $7.00 a share especially if they paid more. Especially knowing YRC would pay a premium for ABF. How much they are wiling to pay is the question. McReynolds recently bought more ABF stock my inside sources say. She stands to make big money if it does happen. A deal would benefit YRC more then ABF. ABF will still be there but nowhere the size they are now

I know I should put this contract stuff to bed and just wait for the results next week, but damn if ole Jimmy didn't get my blood boiling when he said this was a contract we could be proud of. Proud of ? Just shows how out of touch he is with us freight haulers.

I know I should put this contract stuff to bed and just wait for the results next week, but damn if ole Jimmy didn't get my blood boiling when he said this was a contract we could be proud of. Proud of ? Just shows how out of touch he is with us freight haulers.

I couldn't agree with you more. Be proud of this POS??? This contract is an insult.

What ABF said they would do versus what they would do if the vote goes south is a good question. Surely, it won't be business as usual. I wouldn't rule out a lock out. A no win is strike authorization. The supreme test of gladiators. FedEx pilots struck back in the 80's or so but called it off when Smith shut down some long haul routes and parked aircraft in the desert. The pilots settled for less then what was offered originally.

Or will they follow thru with the threat of closing terminals. That wouldn't hurt senior drivers or dock too much. YRC already stated they are not interested in buying ABF. If they did change their mind about it the can't just walk in and pay the current stock price. Who would accept an offer of just $7.00 a share especially if they paid more. Especially knowing YRC would pay a premium for ABF. How much they are wiling to pay is the question. McReynolds recently bought more ABF stock my inside sources say. She stands to make big money if it does happen. A deal would benefit YRC more then ABF. ABF will still be there but nowhere the size they are now
ABF is going to make some changes either way. They just delayed it so it wouldn't hurt their chances of this pathetic T/A passing. You can say you heard it here first.