Lawsuit update

Jockey

TB Lurker
Credits
Still waiting for judge to rule on Sun Capital's responsibility.In mean time 400 more Jevic employees were found whose names were not given to law firm.Another violation.Seems as though there is some closed door talks about settlement by Jevic/Sun.You can guess Sun already had that in mind from day one.Saving them millions of dollars.

You got that right.Just look what has happened over last couple years on Wall Street.Not one person held accountable for frauds commited.Just about cleaning up their mess at taxpayers expense.It means it will all happen againt down the line.They always count on American people to have short attention spans and weak memories.

Did I miss something?

I gave my name to the NY lawyer last year. Is there a new lawyer on this case? I never received any notification.

There are a couple of lawyers on case at Outten&Golden.They have dealt with Sun Capital before.This is not the first time they have violated labor laws. If you want to verify you are on list ..call 1-646-825-4369.

Has Sun Capital been charged Federally with breaking the Federal Warn act? anybody know? IF they havent then why havent they been?

Theres several provisions in the warn act that allows them to shut down with out notice to employees, have a feeling they would use this one considering the state of the trucking industry at the time they closed,

(b) The ``unforeseeable business circumstances'' exception under
section 3(b)(2)(A) of WARN applies to plant closings and mass layoffs
caused by business circumstances that were not reasonably foreseeable at
the time that 60-day notice would have been required.

Except that Sun had contacted the liquidation company in December, so they had plenty of time to prepare for a shutdown.
It's the New Jersey WARN law that will end up biting them, not the federal. The federal has no teeth.

we got a big envelope in the mail the other day from bankruptcy court with Jevic's name all over it.. I put it away for hubby to look at when he gets home.. did anyone else get one of those?

that is just letter saying case has been certified by court.Also enclosed is letter that is to be sent back only if you want to opt out of case.DO NOT return if you want to remain part of lawsuit.

As far as Sun being prosecuted for continual breaking of WARN ACT laws.MY guess is it is because they always settle out of court.So they never have to admit guilt.I am sure that all goes into the equation when they start.Drain all the assets of company ,liquidate.Pay pennies on the dollar to creditors and employees they screw.They have all the angles covered.:eck13:

that is just letter saying case has been certified by court.Also enclosed is letter that is to be sent back only if you want to opt out of case.DO NOT return if you want to remain part of lawsuit.

A friend of mine just got that packet over the weekend. she hasn't worked for jevic for at least 3 years. maybe longer, she was in osd. then hq. decided to move everything to nj. remember how long ago that was? she asked me what was going on.

Lawsuit

Being one of the lead Plaintiffs in the lawsuit. When I have been in touch with the lawyers There was never talk on ANY settlement. I would hope to be notified if this has or will be, so it will be "EYEBALLED" by everyone. We are all in this TOGETHER!

What unforeseeable business circumstances? Jevic was making MONEY; right up to the day they closed us. Unforeseeable meaning they wanted to make MORE profit? A good lawyer will WIN the WARN act case; hands down! Somewhere along the line; Sun Captal will be held accountable by the regulators; and it WILL NOT BODE WELL FOR THEM.

What unforeseeable business circumstances? Jevic was making MONEY; right up to the day they closed us. Unforeseeable meaning they wanted to make MORE profit? A good lawyer will WIN the WARN act case; hands down! Somewhere along the line; Sun Captal will be held accountable by the regulators; and it WILL NOT BODE WELL FOR THEM.

I'm a believer in "nothing says even like 2 in the head"

here it is

Just got an e-mail update.In discovery phase.Gonna be quite a while

Here is a copy of the one I got in e-mail today.

TO:
All Jevic WARN Class Members

DATE:
July 16, 2009

Dear Class Member:
We would like to give you a brief update regarding our case against the Jevic Debtors and Sun Capital Partners, Inc. for violation of the federal and New Jersey WARN Acts.
As you may know we were appointed class counsel in December 2008. By current calculations, our class is 2,156 members strong. The case is currently in the discovery stage. This means we are gathering the documents and information we need from the defendants to prove our case. This process will take many months to conclude. We will contact all class members with relevant information as it becomes available. If you have a change in address or contact information, please keep us updated. If you have not already done so, we ask that you complete our online questionnaire so that we are assured of having all relevant information regarding your work site, hire date, layoff date, contact information, including email address, etc. The online questionnaire may be found at: WARN Lawyers Agreement
We will keep you apprised of future developments. If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Hoxha via email at [email protected] or by calling (212) 245-1000.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kim Xhaferi, Paralegal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Outten & Golden LLP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Advocates for Workplace Fairness[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 Park Avenue 29th Floor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New York[/FONT][FONT=&quot], NY 10016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tel: (212)-245-1000 ext. 4365[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fax: (212)-977-4005[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]www.outtengolden.com[/FONT]