Holland | Lay off reports

Heard you guys had a few layoffs. Guy out of RA said 20% any truth to that
I heard thirty guys in the whole system that would be more like one or two percent I think...but I don't have a calculator! Of course if you let some of these political pollsters figure it out that probably is twenty percent. I heard three at Decatur, at my barn we just had one with a mentor this week that starts out on his own next week.

Last edited:
Heard you guys had a few layoffs. Guy out of RA said 20% any truth to that
Haven't heard anything about any layoffs,they just had 21 guys in orientation, that would be ******* by this company, they already have nothing to offer being under the Yrc flag,they would pay dearly if they laid off,and if they do ,then they need to stop wasting money,our money,and give it back,I don't think they could really be that stupid, at least I hope not,

Haven't heard anything about any layoffs,they just had 21 guys in orientation, that would be ******* by this company, they already have nothing to offer being under the Yrc flag,they would pay dearly if they laid off,and if they do ,then they need to stop wasting money,our money,and give it back,I don't think they could really be that stupid, at least I hope not,
Do you realize how bad some of the trucking companies in this country are? Our newest guy that just got hired told me that at his last over the road job he had he was taking home 450 to 500 dollars a week. It seems to me that a lot of drivers on here think that UPS and Old Dominion type trucking companies are the only ones out there. In my opinion there are tens of thousands of truck drivers out there that have it a lot worse than we do. Call some of these companies that will guarantee you that they will get you home at least three or four days a month or less. Or like the one company I talked to last time I was laid off where the guy told me they did not offer health insurance but the company would give you a hundred bucks a month to help you buy your own insurance. I guess the doors are still open and the employees are working for reduced wages so I have a hard time thinking they are that stupid.

Do you realize how bad some of the trucking companies in this country are? Our newest guy that just got hired told me that at his last over the road job he had he was taking home 450 to 500 dollars a week. It seems to me that a lot of drivers on here think that UPS and Old Dominion type trucking companies are the only ones out there. In my opinion there are tens of thousands of truck drivers out there that have it a lot worse than we do. Call some of these companies that will guarantee you that they will get you home at least three or four days a month or less. Or like the one company I talked to last time I was laid off where the guy told me they did not offer health insurance but the company would give you a hundred bucks a month to help you buy your own insurance. I guess the doors are still open and the employees are working for reduced wages so I have a hard time thinking they are that stupid.
i agree, call around and check out the jobs that are out there. the grass is brown if there is any grass at all, the grass isnt green over there in otr or local non ltl, unless you like 13-15/hr and 100+ per wk for insurance or being gone all yr except for 3-4 days home a month for less pay than you make now.

I've heard of layoffs in RA,GB,and JO. Guy in RA called and told me he was in layoff status. Told him to call in Monday AM for city work if they are working casuals it becomes your work.

I should have worded that better, you and I know it's a great job, but to someone 0ff the street who doesn't know the situation with the giveback,I would only hope the company hiring is a sign of good things to come,and not just hiring for the sake of hiring,I just think being under the Yrc flag makes it tough to get good candidates, that's what I meant,we need good good people to survive,seems like standard has been lowered in comparison to past years

I should have worded that better, you and I know it's a great job, but to someone 0ff the street who doesn't know the situation with the giveback,I would only hope the company hiring is a sign of good things to come,and not just hiring for the sake of hiring,I just think being under the Yrc flag makes it tough to get good candidates, that's what I meant,we need good good people to survive,seems like standard has been lowered in comparison to past years
And I left ups freight to come here, just because of the work environment, so I know it's a good job,

Craw fishing

Any new layoff news

there was a period for about a month where freight was light in part of oct/nov but we are pretty busy up from thanksgiving until christmas in DE..they have alot of cartage on mondays and fridays. there havent been any layoffs in DE at all that i know of.

Yes, there is truth! Sadly, RA sent a driver to orientation last week, and on Friday, they laid off 6 (!) drivers. First time I've personally seen RA hit, but a fellow driver was saying this is the biggest hit he's ever seen at one time in RA. Called central Sunday night to see if GB had any Spare tractors as the one I got in Raleigh would only run 58mph, and was told that GB had laid off 3 drivers

Yes, there is truth! Sadly, RA sent a driver to orientation last week, and on Friday, they laid off 6 (!) drivers. First time I've personally seen RA hit, but a fellow driver was saying this is the biggest hit he's ever seen at one time in RA. Called central Sunday night to see if GB had any Spare tractors as the one I got in Raleigh would only run 58mph, and was told that GB had laid off 3 drivers
I don't get their thought process here,hope they realize these folks won't be back,unbelievable, really is

Shouldn't have hired that many for road at EOL terminal. The amount of emptys ran out of there on sun and mons is ridiculous. One of main thing investors asked about on 3rd qtr conference call.

Shouldn't have hired that many for road at EOL terminal. The amount of emptys ran out of there on sun and mons is ridiculous. One of main thing investors asked about on 3rd qtr conference call.
Interesting point about the end of line terminals, I have often thought how they do a poor job dispatching those loads at both end of the week. I am impressed that investors would ask about it, I would have guessed that investors would not have that deep of an understanding how the nuts and bolts of the company work. Maybe someone will actually do something about it?

Do you realize how bad some of the trucking companies in this country are? Our newest guy that just got hired told me that at his last over the road job he had he was taking home 450 to 500 dollars a week.
I don't mean to pour salt in the wound, but there once was a day when Holland was at the top of the list for the best companies out there, and now it looks like Holland has to be compared to the over the road carriers to find bragging rights? That's pretty sad. And that shows what those pukes at YRCW have done to Holland.

I don't mean to pour salt in the wound, but there once was a day when Holland was at the top of the list for the best companies out there, and now it looks like Holland has to be compared to the over the road carriers to find bragging rights? That's pretty sad. And that shows what those pukes at YRCW have done to Holland.
Please Flash. The pukes at yellow alone created this second sinking of the titanic.....