ABF | Lay-off update?

layoff

In snb 165 we have 10 on layoff and the managers trying to give them warning letters for not being available for work. What a joke:nutkick:

In snb 165 we have 10 on layoff and the managers trying to give them warning letters for not being available for work. What a joke:nutkick:

A sign of the times. These office jockeys need to find something other than the production people to beat. They can only push so hard before we strike back.

051 has the following numbers:

16 laid off out of 61 dock

4 laid off out of 18 yard

5 laid off out of 20 P&D

22 laid off out of 82 line haul

as of 2-6-08

Yes,still running 4 PSE drivers

Are the PSE drivers senior or junior to the guys laid off? Seems like I remember a seniority issue. If you want me to investigate further let me know. I will fish through the COO testimony for the answer.

Are the PSE drivers senior or junior to the guys laid off? Seems like I remember a seniority issue. If you want me to investigate further let me know. I will fish through the COO testimony for the answer.

All PSE drivers are senior to the 2 P&D laid off. 069 has PSE and core on same seniority bid board. I was told it was the same through out the system. We have no road board.

Here at 004 we have the bottom 10 (city/dock) on layoff and they are not getting the opportunity to work to get their Health and Welfare for the week. All the while, we have so-called brothers gladly working overtime to better themselves. I would not be able to sleep at night if I was to accept overtime while a brother was in layoff status as this is just wrong no matter how you look at it.

Here at 004 we have the bottom 10 (city/dock) on layoff and they are not getting the opportunity to work to get their Health and Welfare for the week. All the while, we have so-called brothers gladly working overtime to better themselves. I would not be able to sleep at night if I was to accept overtime while a brother was in layoff status as this is just wrong no matter how you look at it.
At least there is language in the new contract concerning excessive overtime when people are on layoff. I'm not sure the formula will help much, but it's got to be better than nothing (which is what is currently in effect). I don't think the OT hogs will like it at all.:1036316054:

At 222 in Orlando we have road drivers on layoff and the company is allowed to send ellenwood drivers, after their hotel break, to the terminals that we service in florida.As an Orlando based driver one would think that you would have certain rights over a foreign driver at your home terminal. this is not the case here. I know a driver cannot refuse a dispatch but my point is it shouldn,t be offered to them at all in the first place. I personally would run 1 or 2 trips a week even while officiailly on layoff status. It would be better than the crummy unemployment in florida. Just wondering if this happens at all terminals this way

All PSE drivers are senior to the 2 P&D laid off. 069 has PSE and core on same seniority bid board. I was told it was the same through out the system. We have no road board.

It would only matter if the PSE guys were junior to the guys laid off.

mikey, I think you misunderstood. it's not the pse drivers it is the foreign road drivers doing work ata foreign terminal.as an example, a driver comes from 086 near atlanta to 222 in orlandothen takes his 10 hour break.When he returns from the hotel he DOESN'T go back to 086 near atlanta, but goes further south into miami or ft meyers than goes back to orlando goes back to the hotel for another 10 hours then goes back to 086 in atlanta.meanwhile we have road drivers domiciled in orlando on layoff whil the foreign drivers do our work. This happens quite a bit and I am told it is because 086 is a bigger board and can run where they want . maybe someone in the south can clarify this

wow.

mikey, I think you misunderstood. it's not the pse drivers it is the foreign road drivers doing work ata foreign terminal.as an example, a driver comes from 086 near atlanta to 222 in orlandothen takes his 10 hour break.When he returns from the hotel he DOESN'T go back to 086 near atlanta, but goes further south into miami or ft meyers than goes back to orlando goes back to the hotel for another 10 hours then goes back to 086 in atlanta.meanwhile we have road drivers domiciled in orlando on layoff whil the foreign drivers do our work. This happens quite a bit and I am told it is because 086 is a bigger board and can run where they want . maybe someone in the south can clarify this
I don't know, but that just sounds like it violates all kinds of rules????

I'm with ttman on this, seems it would violate some rule or another. Maybe this is the kind of "flexibility" they're talking about... The kind where somebody has to be flexible enough to take it you know where from you know who... Even if this is allowed, it sure seems like it shouldn't be, otherwise, how does any smaller road board have any protection?

amen

we have the same thing at 140. the same few guys max out their hours eveyweek but seem to magically and consistently save 8.5 hours for the weekend work at ot rate. even our looser shop stewart cant seem to survive on less that 60 hours a week. its a barn full of measters not teamsters. we have two on layoff and they always miss 2-5 days a week:chairshot:

we have the same thing at 140. the same few guys max out their hours eveyweek but seem to magically and consistently save 8.5 hours for the weekend work at ot rate. even our looser shop stewart cant seem to survive on less that 60 hours a week. its a barn full of measters not teamsters. we have two on layoff and they always miss 2-5 days a week:chairshot:

Well I guess the new overtime rule in the contract will help out the laid off guys when somebody sucks up all that overtime. Article5 section 6.:beerchug: