ABF | Lay off

Unfortunately with the company's new direction and our total lack of representation we are going to see more of this. If you read the other forums you can get an idea of what the bellyaching will look like in here in the future.

Here is what I was told after my shift ended on Friday.. BTW I started sparing at ABF in April and made the list in June. I left New Penn (almost 20 years there) and made the move to come over. Anyhow I was told that due to the lack of volume in the freight industry you are now on permanent lay off. Stick by your phone we will call you when we need you.... YA OK! Then I got all the " sorry about this" bull crap and " try to hang in there" pep talk. Whatever.. The misnomer that it takes 2 years to get a vacation at ABF are completely false, looks like it only takes about 6 months.

We have a terminal in Maui? Hmmmm.
7 islands in the chain. I wonder how they move a set of pups from one island to another. Subcontract with the Seabees? I know, call the owner of Amazon, borrow one of his drones & drop that 300 lb treadmill right on the steps of the front door. But if it is an inside delivery, upstairs or the basement, how do you fly that drone inside the house to where the customer wants it? Wait, I know, the human species can do all of that. But the sad thing for management is they have to pay Health & Welfare on the Human but not the drone, cutting in to their monthly bonus. Ah, the trials & tribulations of trucking.

I wonder if they modified the company uniform there to include coconut bras and grass skirts.......I wonder how you do a home delivery in a grass skirt.........I wonder if ABF has a division of outrigger canoes to get from island to island.........I wonder if you have to log your time in an outrigger canoe as "on Duty" , or "Driving (Paddling?)"............I wonder about a lot of stuff......I wonder why I'm not ...."working"...in Maui.........I wonder what if there were no rhetorical questions?

I wonder if they modified the company uniform there to include coconut bras and grass skirts.......I wonder how you do a home delivery in a grass skirt.........I wonder if ABF has a division of outrigger canoes to get from island to island.........I wonder if you have to log your time in an outrigger canoe as "on Duty" , or "Driving (Paddling?)"............I wonder about a lot of stuff......I wonder why I'm not ...."working"...in Maui.........I wonder what if there were no rhetorical questions?
Hafta wear a green thong with the grass skirt.

Here is what I was told after my shift ended on Friday.. BTW I started sparing at ABF in April and made the list in June. I left New Penn (almost 20 years there) and made the move to come over. Anyhow I was told that due to the lack of volume in the freight industry you are now on permanent lay off. Stick by your phone we will call you when we need you.... YA OK! Then I got all the " sorry about this" bull crap and " try to hang in there" pep talk. Whatever.. The misnomer that it takes 2 years to get a vacation at ABF are completely false, looks like it only takes about 6 months.
That sucks, sorry to hear of it.

I wonder if brother canary has to much time on his hands ?
It did make me laugh though.

I wonder if brother canary has to much time on his hands ?
It did make me laugh though.
The Idle Mind is the Devil's Workshop, Brother,.......mine's been in Idle gear since I had to throttle back 7%,.......Just Idling along a notch or two above neutral wondering about things......like Ships, and Kings , and Sealing Wax,...and whether Pigs have Wings......And wondering whether I'm working for Tweedledee or Tweedledum,....or the Red Queen......

The Idle Mind is the Devil's Workshop, Brother,.......mine's been in Idle gear since I had to throttle back 7%,.......Just Idling along a notch or two above neutral wondering about things......like Ships, and Kings , and Sealing Wax,...and whether Pigs have Wings......And wondering whether I'm working for Tweedledee or Tweedledum,....or the Red Queen......
My God! ! I would like to spend 2days in your head with a couple of beers in me first. I thought i was screwed up !!

My God! ! I would like to spend 2days in your head with a couple of beers in me first. I thought i was screwed up !!
A regular funhouse, Brother.......Just remember, .....in clinical terms, the entire human race is psychotic, it's the individual's outward adjustments that makes us appear sane to each other,.......and I've decided I'm going to enjoy my psychosis........

A regular funhouse, Brother.......Just remember, .....in clinical terms, the entire human race is psychotic, it's the individual's outward adjustments that makes us appear sane to each other,.......and I've decided I'm going to enjoy my psychosis........
As long as you are doingthe phychosis on yourself by yourself you will be ok. If the Dr. says you have problems he probably doesn't know the trucking industry. I've seen a lot of good men that other people would consider having warped views on the world that i though were normal.

BMjaw00.jpg

No worries!!
Congratulations and I hope it works well for you. Now, can you get one of yourself tumbing your nose at ABF?

Congratulations and I hope it works well for you. Now, can you get one of yourself tumbing your nose at ABF?
I guess that picture indicates Brother Follow Da Monie has slipped out of ABF's clutches. I wish him the best of luck,.....and full employment.....,.Some day in the near future, ABF will regret all the good drivers that they let slip away.

The two that were layed off last Friday in my barn are being called back Monday. "Layoff cancelled"The lay off lasted one week.They thought they could lay off and have these guys at their beck and call when needed. Wrong! We had a guy get hurt this week plus two guys on Vacation the next couple of weeks,so they don't want to be short handed because the guys working made it crystal clear that we ain't going above and beyond to pick up the slack!

The two that were layed off last Friday in my barn are being called back Monday. "Layoff cancelled"The lay off lasted one week.They thought they could lay off and have these guys at their beck and call when needed. Wrong! We had a guy get hurt this week plus two guys on Vacation the next couple of weeks,so they don't want to be short handed because the guys working made it crystal clear that we ain't going above and beyond to pick up the slack!
Congratulations on the unity at your shop let's hope it spreads.

Laid off Driver's come on over to YRCW or Holland or New Penn or Reddway , we are begging for Driver's !!!