ABF | Lay off

Good Grief! Nothing like letting the billionaire use your personal vehicle,.....and paying you a pittance for it........So,...As I live in W. Penna,.....if I order something on Amazon in the future, .....I can expect to see a rusty 1978 Buick Skylark with the obligatory Confederate flag license plate firmly attached,......even though various fenders and exhaust pieces aren't attached as well,.......with an overweight and unshaven driver in a torn Steelers shirt,......stumbling up my driveway with a package in his hand,..........and I shouldn't fire a warning shot over his head, as he probably has my delivery.?.....This idea may work well in Seattle,........
Soooo, he won't be gettin any either?

Good Grief! Nothing like letting the billionaire use your personal vehicle,.....and paying you a pittance for it........So,...As I live in W. Penna,.....if I order something on Amazon in the future, .....I can expect to see a rusty 1978 Buick Skylark with the obligatory Confederate flag license plate firmly attached,......even though various fenders and exhaust pieces aren't attached as well,.......with an overweight and unshaven driver in a torn Steelers shirt,......stumbling up my driveway with a package in his hand,..........and I shouldn't fire a warning shot over his head, as he probably has my delivery.?.....This idea may work well in Seattle,........
I honestly don't see the guy you have described even getting out of bed to go to work...

We have our clerk explain to some of the more "obtuse" customers that we are just the same as UPS or FedEx. If you order something on line, and UPS or FedEx delivers it,....you don't expect any help from them installing your new clock radio or inflating your new workout ball.....UPS and FedEx,...and the USPS for that matter, wing the package on the porch, and they're gone........The problem is that some of the more "obtuse" ones think that we are Sears, or Lowes,....or some furniture outfit,......I hear; "Where's your helper?" all the time......Nope, Ma'm,...You got just me,....and as I got another 8 stops and 3 pickups to do,....your treadmill is going straight to the garage,....That's inside delivery...........The best ones are the "Athletes",...who order workout equipment,....and they're 20 years younger than you,.....and they can't help,...because they have a "bad back".......Yeah,.....Suddenly, my back got bad, too,.....and you'll be lucky if I get it to the curb.......

U-Pack and we deliver with Two Men, and Two Tractors:) and only trailer. Inside delivery
Year round work.

We have our clerk explain to some of the more "obtuse" customers that we are just the same as UPS or FedEx. If you order something on line, and UPS or FedEx delivers it,....you don't expect any help from them installing your new clock radio or inflating your new workout ball.....UPS and FedEx,...and the USPS for that matter, wing the package on the porch, and they're gone........The problem is that some of the more "obtuse" ones think that we are Sears, or Lowes,....or some furniture outfit,......I hear; "Where's your helper?" all the time......Nope, Ma'm,...You got just me,....and as I got another 8 stops and 3 pickups to do,....your treadmill is going straight to the garage,....That's inside delivery...........The best ones are the "Athletes",...who order workout equipment,....and they're 20 years younger than you,.....and they can't help,...because they have a "bad back".......Yeah,.....Suddenly, my back got bad, too,.....and you'll be lucky if I get it to the curb.......
Awesome post, canary! I keep saying I won't be the SLIGHTEST bid sad to see that crap go bye-bye. Gosh...I wish your clerk worked for our barn. I think last week our clerks were 'promoting' house-painting services available from ABF if you were getting an air compressor (from Amazon) delivered. "And our driver will go down to the hardware store and pick up the paint for you, since you, our 'valued' customer, have a bad back!"

Hang tough hero keep that seniority spot. If not Holland will gladly take you back.

I left there on good terms so I guess that is a possibility, but I don't think the local Holland terminal is all that busy either. I am working on a couple of other things and I will be heading to unemployment Monday or Tuesday...

Nothing yet... Tough with it being slow everywhere...
I wish you lived around here. When AWI got bought and cancelled their Teamster pension, my son was able to jump to another carrier within a week, and has standing offers at two other Teamster carriers. We have three PLA gas pipeline sites that are going to open up within weeks, they need roughly 200 Teamster drivers. Pipelines around here are sucking up all the available CDL drivers,......even the marginal ones. Good luck, Brother........If there's pipeline work in your area, many of them pay into Teamster funds that have reciprocity.....,. Check them out. Also,......they start you at $30 an hour,.......haven't seen one less than that in W.PA.......I'm sure you'll find something soon.

Nothing yet... Tough with it being slow everywhere...
Too many crusty old slobs waiting to die behind the wheel. Pathetic! These were all the guys 40 years ago that couldn't wait to retire. Trust me, NOBODY thinks they are heroes. Everybody laughs at how sad they are behind their back, and what scumbags they are for pushing the bottom 25% into the layoff line. Fact